Troubleshooting with installing a new driver.

Username: Hailgalvatron

Post Number: 9
I have a Canon powershot a70 and Zoombrowser won't detect the camera. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the driver but i get this message:
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)"

any idea what that is about and what i can do about it ? thanks-

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4195
Have you tried using a memory card reader instead of attaching the camera direct to the computer?

It's faster and a lot less hassle. This way you won't have any problems with drivers and you save battery power as well. There are instances when you are downloading direct from the camera and you lose everything if the power runs out of the camera's batteries.

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 224
Canon's TWAIN drivers suck; definitely use a card reader. I am not too impressed with Zoombrowser either (I actually don't even use much of any of the bundled software--there's better out there).

Post Number: 10
well i thank you for your suggestions.... I have often thought about getting a card reader and after reading your posts i will probably get one ... any suggestions wich is the best to get. I was wondering if i should get one with multiple ports for different cards in case i get a diff. camera.(i just dropped mine and it cracked on the side, but it still works)

SIDE NOTE though. I figured out what I was doing wrong. I had a scanner plugged in too and i couldn't download the pics with another device plugged into the usb, guess the puter wasn't strong enough... anyway, thanks for the suggestions !!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4196
Get one with multiple ports for reasons you stated. I have no experience with differing brand names and I use the one that came with my PC.

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 225
They're pretty much commodity items & brand should make no difference. If you have USB 2 available on the PC, get a USB 2 reader.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
thank you ... i'll go looking friday and see what i get/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us