Problem with Sony Cybershot F707

Username: Mr_ebony6511

Post Number: 1
The LCD screen and viewfinder has a green tint. The unit still takes great photos, but I can't review them because of the green tint. I can drop load the photos without any problems and no green tint. Any suggestions?

Username: Kriketini

USA

I have little different problem with my F717. After 2 years of great performance and over 5000 pics taken, camera started taking blurry, like in thick fog covered pictures. No matter what mode, pics are unusable.

Unfortunately, my problem is not covered by recall, so Sony rep told me. Somehow they were able to estimate repair cost over the phone ($ 185). I didn't expect my camera to quit working after two years, that is why I chose well known brand and paid lot of money for it. I am not paying for repair. At the moment, working F717 is worth about $300, so it doesnt make sense to invest any more money into it. I am very dissapointed with Sony and I understand that they don't really care about loosing one customer, after all they have so many...

I am doing research for new one, so far Olympus E300 looks very good to me. Can get it for about $600 fairly equiped.

Good luck to all F717 owners. See you later with different brand :-)

Martin

boooya
Unregistered guest
aHH, i have the green tint too. it happened when i got a new flash and put in in with my camera in its case. this sucks, cause i know sony wont do anything about it and there is apparently no 'degaussing' option. GRRR

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4207
A well known brand does not equate to a great camera. Stick with those companies that specialize in cameras. Sony is just too diverse to concentrate on cameras.

rytron
Unregistered guest
I have a F717 and the shuter got stuck open. Dose anyone know what is wrong with it? And if so how do I fix it.

Unregistered guest
When i turn the camera on to take pictures it says turn power on and off again so i do and it says the same message. I can still view the pictures that i took. My camera is the Cybershot 4.1 megapixel.

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem as Breaking Bread, please, someone help me.

Unregistered guest
December 29. I have the F707. Great camera in spite of the size, which actually for me is an advantage. From one minute to another the focus got fixed in "manual position", I mean, the little lever moves, but electronically stays fixed in "manual". I should take the camera to the Sony dealer in Caracas, but since Murphy is a very close friend of mine, the problem happened in Christman time ! Any sugestions? Tks in advance and best regards.

Username: Killa24

soo pissed my camara has turn RED everything has turned red and I cannot take pictures because everything looks out of porportion I guess its good for taking halloween scary pics darn you SONY :-(

Unregistered guest
I HATE my F717. This camera has been taking "foggy" pictures from day 1. I have tried every conceivable setting and it just doesnt take a decent picture. My mom bought me the camera and kept saying how great her Sony was and that I need to learn how to use it. After 2 years of horrible pictures I'm cutting my loss. Sony's customer service is the worst. If anyone knows why the camera just will not focus please email me!!! vintagecherries@gmail.com
thanks!

Username: Djanimation

Riverside, California United states

hi! i started having the problem yesterday , with my sony cybershot dsc-Ll, where it would say to " turn camera off then turn it back on ", well , my husband decided to take a look at it, after about 3 minutes , he handed it to me,WORKING!! what he did was, he turned power on, when the turn off power ... message showed , he ,with his finger , manually opened the shutter door, then without removing his finger, he turned camera off, then retried the camera like normal and it now works perfectly! try at your own risk but it worked for us. we did'nt even have to dissect the darn thing!! just had to let you all know!

Username: Lindsayt20

I have sony f717 a little more then a year old,the other day I was charging it when my foot hit the cord and pulled it out of the socket.now when I turn it on and look through the view finder all I see is black nothing else,steve can you help me I love this camera.Iam just sick about this.
Ron Tarleton
Beach city Ohio

Gold Member

Post Number: 7494
Try doing a factory re-set. Check your manual on how this is done. If that does not work, send it in for repair or get a new camera, if it is not cost effective. Stay away from Sony disposable digital cameras.

Username: Mrstrbear

I have sony f717. When I turn it on and look through the view finder or on the lcd display all I see is black nothing else. what can i do

Gold Member

Post Number: 8287
Send in for service.

Username: Rchundru

My response to the postings about seeing a black LCD or viewfinder when trying to take pictures. I had the same problem when I was in the hosptial and my wife was about to deliver our son. I was so much dissappointed.

Anyway, this is a common problem in a lot of Sony cameras and camcorders and there is a class action law suit against Sony. As part of the settlement Sony is repairing all the affected cameras free of charge (including shipping).
See details at http://esupport.sony.com/perl/news-item.pl?mdl=DSCF717&news_id=118

If you have already got your camera repaired, Sony will reimburse you.

Thanks,
Ram
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us