Sony MemoryStick reader/writer help?

Unregistered guest
My PC doesn't aknowledge my MSAC-US1 Sony Memory Stick reader/writer when I connect it to the USB port. The odd thing is when it's connected, the WindowsXP "new hardware is connected" sound-byte will play, so something's happening. I tried Sony's website for help with this situation, but their Memory Stick support page is down.

Does anybody know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance,
-RyanC.

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 176
Several questions:

Has it ever worked before or is this a new install?

Are you plugging it directly into the PC USB port or do you have some type of hub?

XP Home or Pro and Service Pack 1 or 2 or none?

Are you plugging the reader/writer in when the PC is on or hooking it up it it is off and then booting up?

When you say it does not aknowledge the device, have you checked device manager to see what listing, if any, there is?

Please answer and I will do my best to troubleshoot, I am not familiar with this reader but with XP and if the reader is relatively new you should not need any drivers, but double check your documentation and good idea checking the site you may want to see if it is up yet and if they have an FAQ or anything.

Mike

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 180
OK I guess you are gone or not checking posts I won't check this anymore but post again if you need some help hopefully you got stuff squared away.

Mike G

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3463
That is the problem if the poster is unregistered. They forget where they found the forum and could never find their way back.:-)

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 181
Berny you have given me some good advice in the past and I just like to check in from time to time because I DO know a little about troubleshooting XP, no expert by any means but I do what I can to help.

I am kind of surprised, this is one of the few forums out there that really does not require you to register, but I guess I guess I have been guilty of this too, I remember a weekend (after too many beers heh heh) where I asked for all kinds of advice on one thing or another and then forgot all about it. I guess we can just hope roller_nerdario_ryan
got it fixed!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3951
glad you're back we can use some xp troubleshooters.

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony MSAC-US1 memory stick reader. It is not reading a newer 256meg SanDisk memory stick while a sony mem stick memstick can be read. I see the access light flashing.

I am using widows XP pro service pack 2.

Can you help?

afzal

Gold Member

Post Number: 4891
Try formatting the memory card by using your camera first.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us