Writing to a Sony memory stick

Does any one if it would be possible to to down load pictures from my PC (shot with a Canon G2, compact flash memory card) onto a Sony style memory stick. My new TV has a slot for a Sony memory stick with viewer function. I would like to use it to view my digital images. Sony sells a memory stick reader / writer that has a USB connection. I am not sure if I can burn my images onto the Sony stick and view them on my TV. The problem may be with the file names.

Username: Dominic9

Post Number: 1
I am in the same situation. Has anyone got the answer to the original post?

Appreciate the feedback.

later,
dom

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2122
Yes you can.

Or you can get this,
http://www.sandisk.com/retail/dpv.asp

it is a digital photo viewer and will accept any type of memory cards or sticks, it attaches to your TV via video cable, your Sony TV has a Video input and the memory stick slot is not of better quality. A much better option and it prevents you from spending more money on Sony products that can be used ONLY with Sony products.

The method of downloading your photos from compact flash to computer and then writing it to a separate memory stick is just too time consuming and a pain. But of course, you can do it that way.

I hate those proprietary sony products.

Username: Pleasehelp

Woodbury, Mn Usa

Post Number: 2
does anyone know how to retireve pics on a sony 32mb memeory card/ everytime i try to view them the computer says" needs to be reformatted
" what do i do. i keeep saying no since i am too afraid to lose all my pics?!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2457
Can you view them using your camera?
Have you tried transfering the pictures by hooking the camera up to the computer?

Woodbury, Mn Usa

Post Number: 3
yes have already tried that.

Woodbury, Mn Usa

Post Number: 4
i tried what you said berny but it came up on the cpu needs to be reformatted. should i do that or will lose my pics . thankyou

Gold Member

Post Number: 2482
haleh,
Can you see the pics in the camera?
Does the camera have an internal memory?
Remove the memory card and check if you can still see the pictures...if you can, you have an internal memory card. Transfer the pictures without the memory card.

Another way, insert the memory card in a memory card reader that is attached to your computer. Right click on the icon where the meory card is located. Click copy and paste on your desktop. Go from there.

If you reformat the memory, you will lose all data.

If you can still see the pictures, that means it is in there somewhere. You just need to find it properly.

Woodbury, Mn Usa

Post Number: 5
i cant see the pics at all camera or computer. can these pics be retrieved manually if i take it to a professional. any suggestions???

Gold Member

Post Number: 2483
Whoah! That does not sound good.
Were the pictures there before?
Sorry to ask so many questions, but I had to ask to give a proper course of action.

I wouldn't reformat the card until after we verify that the pictures were residing in the memory card.

If the pictures are very important you may want to try this
http://www.datarescue.com/

here's a read on the matter,

http://www.imaging-resource.com/SOFT/PHR/PHR.HTM

Woodbury, Mn Usa

Post Number: 6
i could view the pics a while back but now i cant. many people say its cos it got corrupted or something like that?! thanks for all your help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2490
here is a simple test.
take the memory ONLY to wal-mart and try one of their photo printers. Insert the memory card into the slot provided and see if the machine can "see" the pictures in the card.

DAVAL
Unregistered guest
If I write photos from my PC to a memory stick
and then try to view them using my digital camera
I can't see them. Anyone know why please?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2708
You have to write it in the same format as the Sony picture files. Sony uses proprietary picture files so you won't be able to see it in your camera. Your computer should be able to write the same type of files that the camera uses.

Username: Vivek19

Clemson, SC USA

Post Number: 1
Hi
Does anyone know how to reformat the sony memorystick.I was installing the "Partition magic " software and it asked me to create rescue disk and i did not have a floppy drive on my computer so i gave the memory stick drive. But it did something because of which my 64 MB card now shows only 1.44MB disk space. Is it possible to retrieve the the entire disk space

Anonymous

I am a novice at using my new digital camera and the memory stick. How many photos can be stored on a 128MB memory stick?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2835
Anonymous,
It depends on the size of the pictures you are taking. Your manual should also be able to tell you approximately how many pictures you can fit into a memory stick if you are using Large/Fine, Normal or small.

Unregistered guest
Hi ,
Does anyone know how to retrieve back all my pics as I accidentally press the reformat button and all the pics are gone , all the pics are really so important to me I need Help please ,freinds told me I could call the company and sent them the memory card so that the expert could some how help to get back the pics ,is that true ?(there must be a way ).... but please if anyone know how to bring back all the pics I would really appreciate, please...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2851
try www.datarescue.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us