Nikon D70 DPI help

Unregistered guest
Hello,

I am getting a brochure made for my company and I used a Nikon D70 to take all of the photos. But, my printer says that he cant print them because the DPI is 72.

Can I just go into photshop and just blow the resolution up to 300 and then size it accordingly? Or will this make the photo lose quality?

Also, you know when you look through magazines and you see ads with models in them, how do they make their pictures have that professional look? Is it all about lighting?

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 92
Photography IS all about lighting. Yes, much of it is their lighting setup; there's also post-processing of the images.

The DPI is just a documentary setting in the image, it doesn't change the pixel data. Now obviously when you tell it it's a 300DPI image instead of a 72DPI image, PS will calculate a different print size. Depending on what that is vs. the printed dimensions you want, you will either need to downsize the image less or possibly upsample. If done correctly image quality shouldn't suffer too much. For that situation, I've used Fred Miranda's action with success (a 3.3 MP image printed 13x20 for example).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us