Sony or Casio

Vanessa
Unregistered guest
I'm looking into buying a digital camera for the first time, but there are so many out on the market, I dont know which is the best. I've narrowed it down to 2 camera (i think). I'm trying to decide between the Sony DSC-W5 and the Casio EX-Z57. I want to be able to print out the pictures, so which camera will give me the best pictures?? Which camera is better?? Sony or Casio?? Plz Help!! Thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 80
Have you looked at Nikon or Canon. Canon's PowerShot S500 or Nikon's Coolpix 5200, 5400, or 5600? They are about the same price range and sensor size. Both Nikon and Canon are well-established camera companies while neither Sony nor Casio are.

Check out www.steves-digicams.com for camera reviews. Looking there real quick, two things that bother me about the Sony & Casio are the Sony locks you into their proprietary MemoryStick memory cards (not a surprise), they can only be used in Sony products. If you plan on staying with Sony cameras exclusively not a big deal.

The Casio does not have a removable battery--these P&S cameras go through batteries at an amazing rate with the high power usage of the LCD screen & dependency on them with this class of camera. To me that's a deal-breaker right there, once you're out of batteries you're don until you can get back to the base station & plug it in. I cannot count the number of times I've swapped batteries in my old Coolpix 995 midway through the day--many times literally 20 miles from the car & another 50 miles from the nearest plug!

Both the Nikon and Canon use CompactFlash, which seems to be more and more the standard and they both have removable batteries. They also have long expeience in designing and manufacturing camera lenses.

Adding two cameras to your choices probably wasn't much help, but I personally wouldn't select either the Sony or Casio myself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us