Vivitar 3740?

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
I just recently got a vivitar 3740 for 50 bucks brand new and i was wondering if its any good? I have taken a few pics on it...they are not too impressive but i have yet to change resolution/landscape/portrait/focus etc so im sure they will look better. Good camera? or crappy quality?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2947
If it works, it should be fine. For 50 bucks, you really can't complain.
Always set it for the highest possible resolution and biggest possible size.

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
The highest resolution makes 2 MB pictures. But i find most pictures to be a bit dull and sometimes blurry. There If i set the resolution to a small size (640x480) then the pics seem sharper and more vibrant. The pics seem to be about the same as my mustek DV 2000. They are ok but for 3mp i would expect them to look better then a 1 mp camera.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2949
Your eye won't be able to tell the difference between 1 and 3 megapixels. You will notice the difference between 1 and 5.
The small size seem sharper because of the LCD. But when you print them, the bigger size will look better.

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
the small size looks better when i print them aswell as on my computer screen...the images are sharper??

Gold Member

Post Number: 2954
There you go. I think you have found the best way to print them.

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
Could it just be the camera?? its almost as if its not focusing...the edges are not sharp to me (compared to other 3mp cameras) and the color is dull. Photoshop or camerashop?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2960
It seems that you really are not happy with this camera. Therefore, no camera shop is going to make you like it, even if the focus problems can be fixed. If it is under warranty, the trouble could be worth your time, if not, it is not worth the effort. You can Photoshop, but you really don't want to spend all that time post processing your pictures unless this is what you do for a living or as a hobby.

Time to set your sights on a different camera, a Canon Powershot perhaps:-)

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us