Minolta Dimage Z1 camera

Unregistered guest
I am looking to buy a camera for my family for vacation. We are not very Digital savvy and have been using just a point and shoot style digital right now. We looked at the Minolta Dimage Z1 camera and though it seems great, it also seems complicated. Should we be looking more at megapixels and just standard point and shoot cameras or does this Dimage really have much more to offer us? thanks for any input on the subject! Any recommendations on what to buy is welcomed!

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 306
the minolta z1 seems complicated enough, however, it is also a very simple point and shoot digital camera. It is a very good camera for the new user and the vacationer. I think it has one of the better focus rates on the market. It focuses quick enough to capture those rare moments on memory cards.
It also has enough features for the amateur photographer so that they can be creative if the need arises.
Just remember, always use the maximum allowable bit rate and size, for the pictures you want to take, no matter how trivial you think it may be for that moment. it is alot easier to edit, enlarge, alter and what have you, a good quality picture with a lots of pixels than those taken on a lower setting.
have fun with it!
cheers

deepak
Unregistered guest
minolta z3 with the casio exlim the 4.0 one. i know the z3 has better zoom, but im mainly concern with picture quality, no noies. on this basises which one is good. thankyou

Gold Member

Post Number: 1812
I would tend to go with minolta. Better features, plus they have a longer history with cameras.

deepak
Unregistered guest
thanks berny. my budget is around $500. minolta is one choice. could u possibily recomend me a camera that will give me good pics and no noise. i had a canon camera which gave me bad pic i guess it was the a200 power shot. now im a little worried about getting another one which would waste my printer ink when i print the pics. i will be printing a4s and 6*4 normally. the other area is the speed of the camera which bothers me. the a200 took a long time to take pictures, so i need something that can shoot quickly. i know that digital cams today dont have too much zoom, but i would like to have a good optical zoom also included. am i asking for too much from a digital for 500 bucks? berny sorry to bother you with so many question. thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1826
Unfortunately the only way to minimize "noise" is by using a low ISO setting, but you compromise shutter speed so you may want to use a tripod when shooting in a low light situation.
here is a good read
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/buydigicam.htm
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/2dig.htm

Username: Mrsoundquality

Long beach, California California

Post Number: 4
hello there elicia, i think the dimage z1 is a great digcam and it has several mega pixel configuration that you can choose from i mean that camera is great for out door use, but let me tell you this i best recommend you the 4.1 megapix by exilim casio this digital camera is nominated as number one in japan and you cant go wrong
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us