Can't view pictures on a Sony Memory Stick *Help!*

Username: Mbognot

Post Number: 1
I have an old Sony Mavica MVC-FD85 and I got around to getting a 16mb Memory Stick with the 3.5 floppy adapter. I can see the pictures if I view them through the camera, but when I try to read the memory stick on my PC, nothing shows up. I checked the properties, and it shows that the memory is being used, but when I open up the memory stick, nothing is there. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2893
Check the format of your picture files and make sure that your pc can read them.
Are you using a memory card reader?

Username: Mbognot

Post Number: 2
Yes, it's an Iomega card reader, and on the 3.5 inch floppies I use, the pictures are being written as .jpg. That's the weird thing too, I can view the pics on the floppies.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2909
make sure that the memory stick is in the proper format or proper file extensions.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2910
another way to check if it is working is to take it down to your local wal-mart or walgreens and use their self service photo printers and see if it reads the cards.

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony 1GB memory stick in my camera and there is only 5 pictures on it and it says the memory is full. Im taking pictures at standard everything so its impossible to have only 5 pictures and it be full. I've had pictures and videos on it before but I thought I deleted them correctly, perpahs I didn't. Please Help

Gold Member

Post Number: 2989
Insert it into a card reader and check if there are still files in the card. If there are any delete them all. Re-insert into your camera and format the memory card. Check your manual on how this is done.

Laura149
Unregistered guest
I have a sony memory stick and after I connected it to my PC and downloaded the pictures, it is saying "fatal error" on my digital camera now. How do I fix this, and what happened?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3211
Does it give you the fatal error sign without the memory stick?

Unregistered guest
i bought a memory stick pro a while ago, and recently i went to ny. when i got back i transferd all of my photos off and deleted them after on the card reader but now when i put it in my camera it will only let me take 1 picture but it shows no other pictures. please help.

Unregistered guest
I have saved pics to my PC from a memory stick pro duo in the past. Now my computer says it is not formatted for a PC it is formatted for a mac. Is it possible to have reformatted the memory stick to be MAc compatible without deleting the pictures? I can still view all of the pictures from my camera?? My PC is asking if I want to reformat the memory stick for a PC...if I do this will it delete all of my pictures?

Anonymous

I HAVE A SONY DSC-S60 DIGITAL CAMERA. IS THERE A WAY TO DELETE ALL IMAGES ON THE MEMORY STICK AT ONCE OR DO I HAVE TO DO IT ONE AT A TIME?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5130
Use the camera to format the card. This will erase all the images from the memory stick.
Check your manual.

Username: Temduangchotmailcom

Post Number: 1
I have an cannon power shot A70. I wonder that if I accidentally delete the pictures from memory stick by camera, but right now, I would like to get that pictures back. Could you please suggest me how I can get the deleted pictures? please help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us