Sony DSC-P8 Problem

Unregistered guest
When I turn my camera on, I can get the set up screen and the screen which shows images which I have previously taken. The other modes on the dial, when displayed, show a totally black screen. My lens does not pick up images which I would like to take a picture of. I need help!

jacobs4
Unregistered guest
I had this problem and found out how to solve it: Simply turn the camera on, hold it about 2 inches above a table or flat hard surface and whack it a few times. The LCD will come back on! Bizarre, but it works!

Unregistered guest
Thank you very!! much jacobs4. I was ready to toss the camera in the trash, saw your post, did exactly what you said, and VOILA!! THE CAMERA WORKS!!!!

Username: Stevenberk

Washington, DC USA

Post Number: 1
Hi, my name is Steven Berk. I am an attorney in Washington, DC, who specializes in representing consumers who have purchased defective products from technology companies. I am currently working on cases of that kind against JVC and Sony. In that regard, we are filing an amended class complaint against Sony to include digital still cameras. In connection with the amended complaint, it would be very useful if I could interview anyone about their experience with the blank LCD screen problem. If you are interested, please email me at stevenb@cuneolaw.com or call me at 202-789-3960. Thanks for your consideration.

CajunShaneD
Unregistered guest
My Sony DSC-P8 Cyber Shot Camera comes on but the telescopic lens is stuck. I can't get it to come out for anything. After turning it on I can hear it trying to open but after 45 sec. I get an error message saying turn camera off and back on.
Still nothing........

tirza
Unregistered guest
My Sony DSC-P8 Cyber Shot Camera telesopic lens is stuck in the "out" position. Wen I turn the camera on I can see old picturess I have taken and the setup screen, but everything else is blank. When I shut the camera off the lens stays open. Any suggestions?
Much Thanks,

Unregistered guest
Hi. there,
cc: Steven Perk

Oh. my god. I can't believe Japan product can be such a crap!

I experienced the exact same problem as described here. This is the second time. The first failure may be because some button was pressed during its charging. It was recovered by me when I plug in charging cable, turn it on and press display button ON, then unplug the cable. It kept display ON and the len could capture again. But the issue comes again for unknown reason. It cannot be resolved by the above method. Please help help help. My daughter will have her birthday in a few days. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Sam

"When I turn my camera on, I can get the set up screen and the screen which shows images which I have previously taken. The other modes on the dial, when displayed, show a totally black screen. My lens does not pick up images which I would like to take a picture of. I need help!"

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5715
So what country can you believe makes the best product?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5716
Or is it a certain race that makes the best product?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5717
Just messin', man! It's a Sony...they have a long way to go when it comes to making cameras.

Username: Lumpy

Post Number: 1
Okay, here is the fix... DO NOT BANG IT ON A HARD SURFACE! That is just stupid!
1.)Turn the camera on so the lens protracts
2.) The outer silver part that surrounds the lense is stuck on with double sided tape. Take a very small flat head screw driver and your finger nails and gently and evenly pry the silver "cap" off. (this is the silver part that says "Sony Lens/Optical 3x" etc.
3.) Turn the camera off (so the lans retracts back into the camera.)
4.) You will need a very small phillips head screwdriver (you can get a micro screwdriver kit at the home depot for about $8.00) made by Stanley. There are two small phillips head screws; remove them.
5.) Gently pick out the black shutter . You should hear a little snap as the springs snap the shutter.
6.) Put the shutter right back in.
7.) Put the screws back in
8.) Turn the camera back on
9.) line the Silver lens dressing back up and stick it back on.

You should be back in business

Gold Member

Post Number: 8101
Some people actually think that it is an official repair procedure:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us