Nikon D70...vs....Canon 10D

Username: Vlkers7171

Downers Grove, Illinois Usa

Post Number: 2
Ok, I need your guys advice...If your saving up for the Nikon D70 and you run into someone who would sell you their Canon 10D at a lower cost, say $700. Do you buy the Canon 10D, or keep saving for the D70.....Keith....PS- THe 10D is in great condition

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2678
From a photgraphers point of view...the longer you wait for that next thing, the more time you spend not taking pictures.

Of course it also depends on how much longer you have to save for the D70:-)

But aside from ,that...the 10D is has been rendered totally obsolete by the Canon 20D. It has very sucky white balance...very important under changing light conditions. The flash sync also sucks. The 20D really made this camera a piece of junk and so did the D70.

If I am not an avid photographer and really just want to get a digital SLR, I'd get this in a heartbeat. Other than that, I'll keep using my regular film SLRs and save for the D70 or 20D.

Username: Vlkers7171

Downers Grove, Illinois Usa

Post Number: 3
yea, berny. I decided just to stick it out and wait till I can buy the D70. I'm confident I'll like it more

Digital SLR
Unregistered guest
a 'pice of junk'??.. seriously Berny!

Can you tell our viewers where does the faster flash x-sync matters in real life situations? and please also elaborate how it's of no consequence since the minimum ISO D70 supports is only ISO200.. when the 10D has ISO 100-ISO3200 and a 9 frame RAW buffer and shoots faster frames per second than a D70.

While u're at it tell us all how the D70 achieves a higher top shutter speed.. it has a hybrid shutter which leaves it prone to blooming and other artifacts when shooting at higher shutter speeds, not to mention moire and less than stellar JPEG engine forcing one to shoot NEF's to get the best out of it.

10D's AWB is just fine, no worse than D70.. It's built like a real camera, magnesium alloy body, superiour construction, not an all plastic fisher price toy construction of a D70.

the 10D viewfinder is real pentaprism and is large, not the tiny peephole of D70 u can't even manual focus with.

AF is faster in 10D, though reliability has been suspect in some units.. the same can be said about D70 where many reported backfocus problems which needed fixing by Nikon Service.

if in good condition, 10D's are a great deal at $700 used..remember it sold at $1499 and remained out of stock for months when it was introduced!!

another option is to grab the Dell deals and get the new Rebel XT (350D) for around $750

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2905
Yes a piece of junk! Seriously Digital SLR!

I prefer the Canon 20D over the 10D and that is my preference, get over it. If you love the 10D that is your choice more power to you.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us