Nikon D70 - PictureProject software

Username: Kathy

Post Number: 1
I recently pruchased the Nikon D70 and am trying to get the PictureProject software loaded on my Dell/XP/system. I am getting an error message from Install Shield referencing a SetupDLL file. NO ONE from Dell, Nikon, or Ritz/Wolf Camera has been able to come up with a solution. Anyone have any ideas? Is there other/better software that I should look at?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2510
is this the error?
"WnPAPI32.dll"
Do you have Nikon View as well? Make sure you remove it prior to installing Picture Project.

A better software would be Adobe PhotoElements, Picture Project is useless.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2511
Come to think of it I would highly discourage you from installing Picture Project. Too many bugs and not very user friendly. Just use NikonView to view your pictures and use a different program to edit the pictures.
Also use a card reader to transfer your photos, the USB on the D70 is very slow.

Username: Kathy

Post Number: 2
Thanks - I was heading in that direction. The error code is: 5004:0x80070005 The error description is: "SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp(1924)

pAPP:PictureProjectPVENDOR:NikonPGUID:FF3999BE-

1A7B-4738-88AA97BF14094A4A$7.1.100.1248@Windows

XP Service Pack 2(2600) IE 6.0.2900.2180"
Any ideas?
What is Nikon View? I probably do NOT have it if it did not come with my camera and accessories. I DO have Adobe Photo Delux. Is PhotoElements better/different?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2514
If you purchased the D70 go here
http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?goingto=dtc_options&cat=1&grp=2&productNr=2 5214

and this

http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_prod _lvl1=19&p_prod_lvl2=56&p_cat_lvl1=22

get the latest firmware.
You should also be able to download the free NikonView software

NikonView is a software that helps you organize and download the pictures from your memory card to the computer.

I haven't used the Adobe Photo Delux, but Photoelements is an excellent program to manipulate your pictures, plus it has the plug-ins if you decide to take pictures in RAW format.

Username: Lindas

Post Number: 1
Hi -
I am having a problem with emailing a .MOV
- can anyone lend assistance?
thank you,
Linda

Gold Member

Post Number: 2834
Linda,
Have solved this?
The file is probably too big and there are limits on some e-mail accounts as far as the file size is concerned.

Tams
Unregistered guest
I had just bought a Nikon D70. I am concerned if I can use the software on both my PC and on my Laptop. I do a lot of Editing at home on my PC. But I also Travel to many places taking Photos. And I would like to edit Photos while I am away from home.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2901
yes you can.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us