Nikon 3200 - Picture Project

Username: Hhaddick

Post Number: 1
I received a Nikon 3200 for Christmas and it came with Picture Project 1.0. When I installed this software it crashed my system. Since it wasn't going to work, I uninstalled it.

However, now I find that my Internet connection (MSN) is not working properly, my email client does not work at all and I have lost Paint Shop Pro 8, as it will not load.

I have a CompaqPresario, 800 mz Celeron, 320 MB ram.

Any suggestions?

Bill Haddick

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2352
What is your OS?

Username: Hhaddick

Post Number: 2
Berny

Windows ME. Perhaps I should add that I already had MikonView 6.2.1 installed. I uninstalled it to install Picture Project. When I uninstalled Picture Project and reinstalled NikonView, my problems cleared up but I still could not transfer my pictures. The error message I got was:
VxD dynamic link call NTMAPHLP (2) + 00000002 to "004F", service 1 and my system was halted.

What do you make of this?

Bill Haddick

Gold Member

Post Number: 2369
Bill,
That error message is not attributable to the Nikon Software. Seems like a USB driver flash reader problem.

Try the Nikon Knowledge database

http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

Unregistered guest
I just baught a Nikon 3200 Digital Camera. My brother has Windows XP and I can transfer pictures on his computer, but I have Windows ME. I can not transfer my pictures. What am I not doing? Please help me A.S.A.P!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2555
EK,
Get a memory card reader. The ME platform is not that great when it comes to plug and play devices, plus you run a risk of corrupting the data if you transfer from the camera directly to the computer. It is best to transfer your pics by using a memory card reader.

Unregistered guest
I have picture p[roject on Windows 2000 professional. Neither the print command nor the email command work. Any suggestions.
The pictures transfer with no problem from my nikon 4100 to the copmputer and everything else appears to work

Bronze Member
Username: Freeringtones

Post Number: 44
You guys chose a good camera.

The Nikon Coolpix 3200 digital camera was designed to be easy use. It offers lots of automatic settings that make taking digital photos as easy as select, point, click, and view. This camera is ideal for casual photographers making their first transition to the world of digital photography.

Nikon Coolpix 3200 Digital Camera

Username: Vickivc

PlymouthUk

i have a nikon 3200, i can easily transfer pictures to pc but want to transfer back to camera/card so can be printed. Any ideas?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2816
vicki,
Do you have a memory card reader? You can transfer pics to the memory card by using a dedicated memory card reader.

Username: R0xyq02

Long Beach, CA United States

ME AND MY BOYFRIEND SHARE A NIKON COOLPIX 3200, AND WE INSTALLED PICTURE PROJECT ON HIS MAC, AND IT WORKED FINE, THEN HE INSTALLED PICTURE PROJECT ON HIS SISTER'S HP SO SHE COULD USE OUR CAMERA, AND IT WORKED FINE, BUT ON MY PC, IT INSTALLS, EVERYTHIN GOES FINE, AND LOOKING AT THE DVD, ITS DONE EVERYTHING ITS SUPPOSED TO DO, BUT WHEN I PLUG IN THE CAMERA THE TRANSFER PROGRAM DOESNT AUTOMATICALLY COME ON, AND EVEN IF I GO INTO PICTURE PROJECT, THERE ARE NO PICTURES! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING? IVE PLUGGED IN THE CABLE INTO ALL THE USB OUTLETS THERE ARE IN THE PC, BUT STILL NOTHING.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2916
Install NikonView on your PC.

Unregistered guest
I AM TRING TO UPLOAD THE PICS FROM MY NIKON 3200 FROM THE INTERNAL MEMORY AND CAN NOT FIND THEM ANYWHERE AT ALL TO TRANSFER HOWEVER THEY ARE STILL ON THE CAMERA. I TRASFERED AND DELETED THE PICS ON MEMORY CARD TO PC FINE. I HAVE WIN 2000 PROF. HELP!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2968
Check your manual.
Are you using Nikon View? How is the camera connected to the PC?

Unregistered guest
I am using the Picture Project software that came with my Coolpix 3200 for creating/viewing slide shows and movies.

Question: How do I access the Dialog Box before a slideshow or movie is shown to make changes. For some reason it never appears anymore resulting in no control over features (music, etc.)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3086
Try updating the picture project software.

jason100
Unregistered guest
another problem with pictureproject here. i just installed pictureproject1.0 on my pc. i transferred pics with no prob from my 5200 coolpix but when i try to export them as jpegs to a file on my desktop from the program i get the message "an unexpected error has occurred" can anybody help? my pics are all trapped on pictureproject! thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3121
Remove picture project and install nikonview.

Unregistered guest
Hello All, I just installed Picture Project v1.51 that came with my D70s, and the pictures when viewing using the organize tab show up good, then when i select one to edit, the colors go all crazy, Red is blue, skin color goes white. any idea what setting is wrong is set wrong? it's driving me crazy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3232
Tyr opening it with a different photo viewing software.
What is the color setting on your camera?
Is your monitor calibrated?

Carmine80
Unregistered guest
Thanks alot,
it was the monitor setting. it didn't even come to mind.
thanks alot.

PS. The D70s is an amazing camera even for an amateur photographer

Unregistered guest
I've managed to get pictures from my Coolpix organised into collections on my PC using Picture Project. How do I transfer the collections to CD or whatever to take them in for printing?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3256
Do you have a CD burner?

ceraq
Unregistered guest
Berny - Yes, I have a CD burner. (Apologies for the delay in responding).

Gold Member

Post Number: 3719
Well, have you burned it on the CD and take it to the printers?

Now make sure that your monitor is calibrated properly, that way, the prints match what you see on the moitor.

Unregistered guest
like others.I was given a Coolpix 5100. It came with the Picture Project 1.0 for Macintosh which appended a note that to use it on I-mac 9.1 I had to download Nikon View 6.
Two questions: Where is View 6? I've checked the Nikonimaging and other sites to no avail.
If and when I can download View 6, do I then proceed to load the Macintosh Pict. Proj..
I can think of another Q. Is there an alternative piece of software that I can use to download the pics? I have photoshop elements.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4623
There is no such thing as a "View 6". The proper name of the software is Nikon View. The 6 is version/revision number. Go here to download to Mac. If you want to download to your computer, use a memory card reader. Nikon View will automatically download the files from the memory to a folder in your Mac. Remove Picture Project if you already have Photoshop PhotoElements. The Picture Project software is very poorly done, PhotoElements will work very nicely for your photo editing tools.

http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqi d=61

It will have a version for your Mac.

sharnita
Unregistered guest
any idea how i can transfer pictures from the internal memory on the coolpix 3200 onto the memory card?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5364
Have you consulted the manual?

Unregistered guest
I had coolpix 4600 and had no problem to transfer photo from camera to pc by using the picture project ver1.1. However I had problem encoutered when I want to do the reverse transfer, from pc back to camera. The photo is in the SD card but the picture is unable to be shown in the camera. How do I resolve this issue?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5673
You don't unless you can make it the same exact format that the camera uses.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us