I need guidance

Bronze Member
Username: Mattellermets

Danville, IL US

Post Number: 57
hey all. i'm from the car audio sections... anyway my parents were asking me what i want for christmas, and since "gas money" wasnt an acceptable answer, i remembered that my sorely abused vivitar digital camera had stopped working.

now the question.

*what are the brands or models to stay away from?
*which are the favorites or best values?

i was wanting something that does well with action shots, has a quick and/or adjustable frame rate, optical zoom, and decent resolution... my old camera was a 1.3 megapixel, lol anyway i was thinking more in the 3-5 range... but about that, what is usable, i dont really know, i havent owned a nice dig. camera before. thanks... matt

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2099
Check out the Coolpix line from Nikon and the Digital Powershot from Canon. They vary in models dependent on your budget, these are the more reliable ones in the market.
Do you have a working budget?

If you want nice, go for a digital SLR, like the Canon Digital Rebel or the Nikon D70. These 2 beats the 8-10 megapixel point and shoot cameras on the market in picture quality, bar none.

cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Mattellermets

Danville, IL US

Post Number: 58
awesome... thanks man, i wound up getting a new Canon Powershot A400 for just around $150 shipped. I did check out the SLR's... they look awesome, but just out of my budget. is there anything I should know about the powershot?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2117
Nothing special, just read the manual to familiarize yourself with the controls and its capabilities.
have fun!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us