What to buy..where to buy it?

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 349
I'm thinking of getting my college-age daughter an inexpensive digital camera for Christmas. I'd like one that's easy to use, since she'd be new to this, and costing around US$200 or less. What brand/model would be the best bang for the buck in terms of ease of use and reliability in that price range? And where are some recommendations to buy? Places like Best Buy, Circuit City, or order online? TIA.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1903
Try the nearest Best Buy or Circuit City and check out any offering from Olympus, Canon and Nikon, they are pretty much the same within that price range, but these 3 offer better reliability.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 350
Thanks Berny. I figured Canon and Nikon would top the list. I'll also take a look at the Olympus.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1906
No problem, and also, check out the cameras that do not use proprietary memory cards. They're too much of a pain, check the ones that use compact flash cards or SD cards.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 354
Great, thanks, that certainly makes sense. I may now be in the market for two cameras, my son is now interested as well.

The Canon A75 and the Nikon Coolpix 3200 have caught my eye so far. Also thinking about adding a 128mb or 256mb flash card. I still need to go to CC or somewhere to actually see them up close and personal.

Username: Admin

Post Number: 170
The digital camera reviews listed here could help you decide.
https://www.ecoustics.com/Editorial/Reviews/Digital_Camera/

When shopping by price, start here:
http://ecoustics.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php/page_id=48

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 356
Thanks!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help