Pixel and dpi question

Anonymous

i have a cannon printer i850 which has a 4800*1200 dpi. i like to know how many mega pixel will allow my printer to print to its full capabillities. thankyou

Anonymous

i guess no one comes to this forum.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1778
You are talking about 2 different things. The pixels have to do with screen resolution and nothing to do with dpi which has a lot to do with printing resolution. They are related but not in the manner you are thinking.

Put it this way, a pixel on screen can be printed to 1200 dpi.

So if you want better prints, you want to start with a good quality picture to begin with. If you are printing from a digital camera, you want to capture the most pixels and the highest quality that the camera offers. The setting should be on high quality and large size.

Anonymous

thanks berny for clearing this up. the thing is i only have the printer but not the camera. i am looking to get one. How many mega pixel is recomened by u for my printer. which camera do u know of that is good for out doors and indoors. i like the pics to be crisp. im looking at two brands currently one is the sony and the other is cannon- the ones u can put in your front pockets which maybe 4-5mega pixel. or is there anyother brands u think will be better. thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1786
What is your budget and what types of pictures will you be taking???

Anonymous

a little more than $300-500. price is not really a factor but i would like to take in and out door pic with family. i like something that will give me good quality prints and crisp. i saw the milota 12x thats about 4mega pixels. I heard this camera can gives bad quality prints. i may be printing a4 size prints too. other factor like speed is also important i like to shoot when i needed right away. thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1792
here's a good read. After perusing these articles, let me know which way you are going.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/buydigicam.htm
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/2dig.htm

I am using a D70 and a Nikon 4300.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us