Ford Contour Se v6

Username: Leyla88

Post Number: 1
Was up my name is Joe and I would like to know if you can help me out with my ride I just put new brake pads and front rotors not too long ago and when I'm driving on the road and I stop I feel the brakes drag and I could feel it on the brake pedal also would you be so kind to help me figure out what it can be? I woudl really appreciated I'm in desperate help. I would lime to thank you for uour time and cooperation.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3199
IMMEDIATELY take the car to a pro. If YOU did the work, learn what you are doing before attempting brakes. You might want to start with something easy, like an OIL change.
Before you installed the new pads, did you push the pistons BACK into the caliper? I use a BIG C-Clamp for that with a socket that fits the piston.

You tube has bunches of videos to help with this operation, many available on YOUR car.

If you drag the new pads on the new rotors, you'll GLAZE 'em. That's short for FRY them. You could fatally damage the parts. If so, you may have to turn the rotors and it might even come to new pads. Worst case? New stuff AGAIN.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us