My Dad's New Truck!

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2044
2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD. It's the basic model with "flex-fuel", but it still has the 6.0L in it. The muffler is as big as a 10" Bazooka tube.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
UploadUpload

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2045
I know I put a couple duplicates in there, my PC is running like sh!t tonight.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2046
Upload

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2047
He had it custom ordered with the ball hitch for the goose-neck trailer in the bed, Rhinolined and a new switch hitch for the rear bumper. Only thing left to do is put the snow plow forks from the old truck onto this one.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25535
Sweet man. That looks like one hell of a workhorse. You farm guys sure do love your toys!!

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2049
Yes it does, and yes we do. We just started combining the corn yesterday but the yield sucks because of lack of rain this summer. Especially since we just used the brand new combine and in parts of some fields the monitor was reading 0 bushels per acre. We're averaging at most 120 BPA, but last year it was around 210. Hope the beans do better.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2050
Also just traded our old grain truck for a 30 foot boom lift. SWEET!

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25536
Yeah I have kin in Texas and everyone's grass is brown as far as you can see. Been reading up on the drought. It's bad this year. Northeast isn't as bad but out west is hurting. One of our local farmers only got one yield of corn this year because of the lower rainfall. He usually rotates and gets at least 2 fields/summer. He's irrigated too.

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1467
Here in arizona we have gotten more rain than usual... .last year we didnt get much.... more dust storms than last year too. Btw 3 cup holders ftw

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2051
LOL, yeah. Three cup holders in the center console plus two in each of the front doors.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2052
Just looked and there's two more that flip down behind the center console in front of the back seats.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5539
Nice looking truck Mark. And thanks for feeding us.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2053
You're welcome. That reminds me though, this is the bumper sticker that's going on it.

Upload

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2055
Governor limit is only 95mph.

Username: Carroll08

Post Number: 6
Wow the truck is looking awesome. But dear you are not good in taking pictures. Anyhow i like the color of the drive. Can you please post that how much it costs. I hope you don't mind for this question. Thanks
http://roofrackcity.net.au/

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2062
Yeah, and that I suck at taking pictures? It's not my fault my phone only has a 3mp camera on it. Anyways, I really don't know how much the truck was. I'm guessing 30k with the trade-in. And if you read my thread about the combine, I misscalucated it by 50k. That came out to 310k for the combine. It works great though. One harvest and no problems. Most of anyones equipment (no matter how new) breaks down at least once during harvest. Of course It needs a maintenance check every year, but this one is still going strong. Except for the heads binding up, (already bought new ones, both corn and bean head) I'ts an awesome machine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us