Where Is Your Seagate Now?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9748
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=263481

Just posting for Brad :D Back in the day we had a raged argument about WD or Seagate being better and what not. Of course the numbers posted are kind of misleading if you really read into it but I found it a bit interesting. Oh and from what I hear Seagate is standing on shaky ground these days.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3597
So what do you think is better, Seagate or WD?

Personally, I would and do choose WD.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9750
They're both pretty close in all aspects. I think it comes down to price per GB or TB if you will. My cousin said he just did an azzload of research on HDs and came up with the same thing, says better to just get either one based upon pricing. He also said that anything over 1tb and you see much higher failure rates. He's pretty poor and an extreme cheap aasss so I don't doubt his research because he says he's finally going to purchase a new hard drive haha. Check out slickdeals.net if you didn't know about them already, nothing but the most uber of deals there.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4353
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/off-topic/544105.html

Had it bookmarked lol.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9753
Yea, Brad owned me with that pie graph but in the meanwhile I don't think he knew what was going on with Seagate :D Those issues were never even solved. Sucks for a lot of people out there. They had "fixes" but they were somewhat temporary because after said fixes people still had the same friggin issue. Of course it's only a problem in the larger drives.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3606
I think it's far better to use two drives. One small faster drive designated just to the OS, and then the other to whatever size you want for storage.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3325
^ word.

ssd is the only way to go for an OS/programs drive these days.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9754
SSD is the way to go if you REALLY need the speed(odds are that you don't). The price per GB is still ridiculously high, SSDs are only nice if you play a lot of games that you need the fast loading times IMO. Nice for boot times too but how many times do you boot up your PC per day? Anyhow, regardless of that I agree that it's better to have a disk drive dedicated to the OS.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16248
I wont buy wd again I got a bad new 2 tb
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us