Post Number: 5815
NFC North
1. Vikings
2. Packers (WC)
3. Lions
4. Bears

NFC South
1. Saints (D)
2. Panthers (WC) -- Moore fails and Clausen shows everyone that he was the best QB taken in the draft.
3. Falcons
4. Bucs

NFC East
1. Cowboys (D)
2. Giants
3. Redskins
4. Eagles

NFC West
1. 49'ers (D)
2. Cardinals
3. Seahawks
4. Rams

AFC North
1. Ravens (D)
2. Bengals (WC)
3. Steelers
4. Browns

AFC South
1. Colts (D)
2. Titans (WC)
3. Texans
4. Jaguars

AFC East
1. Patriots (D)
2. Jets
3. Dolphins
4. Bills

AFC West
1. Chargers (D)
2. Raiders
3. Chiefs
4. Broncos

Cowboys > Chargers in the Superbowl.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4631
Looks like we have pretty similar predictions, Brad.

I'll be shocked if the Chargers make the Superbowl. I still picked them to win the division, but I think they've declined from last year. Plus I think all three other teams are getting better in the West. The Chiefs will break out the next couple years. They made some awesome draft picks. Eric Berry (STUD), Dexter Mccluster, and Javier Arenas... lotta young playmakers. Plus adding Thomas Jones w/out the pressure/fatigue of so many carries will be big. The Raiders have had a lot of talent for years, and Jason Campbell is underrated. I expect them to be rejuvenated and play with new hope.

I don't see the Bengals being as good as last year. I watched Benson suck for too many years in Chicago to believe he won't come back to reality a little this year. I think their defense overachieved last year. And I smell trouble with the Owens/Ocho tandem. They both care about their offseason careers more than they care about football. I won't be shocked if halfway thru the year Carson is ready to strangle both of them. I think the Steelers are sitting back laughing that everyone is all over the Bengals/Ravens, but not them. Lotta pride in that Steelers locker room, I think they'll play hard and Ben will come back with something to prove in week 5.

I don't think the Panthers will be very good regardless of who plays QB. Besides no one will care because the real story will be in Denver when McDaniels goes to Tebow halfway thru the season and Timmy starts lighting it up (I've 180'ed my feelings on Tebow; don't tell Reece).

Wanna put some money on the Lions finishing ahead of the Bears? lol.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4510
NFC North
1. Vikings (D)
2. Packers (WC)
3. Bears
4. Lions

NFC South
1. Saints (D)
2. Falcons (WC)
3. Panthers
4. Bucs

NFC East
1. Giants (D)
2. Redskins
3. Cowboys
4. Eagles

NFC West
1. 49'ers (D)
2. Cardinals
3. Rams (will win 5 games)
4. Seahawks

AFC North
1. Ravens (D)
2. Steelers
3. Bengals
4. Browns

AFC South
1. Colts (D)
2. Texans (WC)
3. Titans
4. Jaguars

AFC East
1. Jets (D)
2. Patriots
3. Dolphins
4. Bills

AFC West
1. Chargers (D)
2. Broncos (WC) Tebow will become the starter one way or another( and be sucessfull).
3. Chiefs
4. Raiders

I go back and forth with Pittsburg and Cincy.. Wouldn't be too shocked if both+Ravens go in any order..
This is the year that Texans make the Playoffs and same with the 49ers. Bout fu<kin' time!
Pat's fall apart if Moss don't get his extention.
NFC East will be the big shocker.Dallas might finish last behind Philly and Washington finishes ahead of Philly. This is my longest shot of a prediction..
Colt's > Vikings or Packers if Farve don't make it thru the season.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23698
NFC championship...........patriots vs colts

AFC championship...........cowboys vs vikings

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3220
AFC championship...........patriots vs Raiders

NFC championship...........cowboys vs Saints

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4632
It's finally here. Holy sh!t I'm excited for football!!!!

I like the Vikings to upset the 5 point favorite Saints tonight. The Vikings probably haven't thought about anything other than beating the Saints for the last 9 months or so.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4635
0-1 baby it's gonna be a good year!!!

I actually thought the game went mostly how I thought it would. The Vikings D did a great job of slowing down the Saints offensive attack. If you told me they were going to hold them to 14 points, I would've been REALLY convinced that the Vikes would win. The Vikings offense just looked miserable though. Saints DBs covered Minnesotas receivers like white on rice all night long, and Adrian Pedestrian looked mediocre.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4511
Texans looked good!!! Foster with 192 2nd half rushing yards. BAM!

49ers FTL!

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11949
NFC North - Packers

NFC South - Saints

NFC East - Cowboys

NFC West - 49'ers

NFC Wild Card - Vikings and Giants

AFC North - Ravens

AFC South - Texans

AFC East - Jets

AFC West - Chargers

AFC Wild Card - Colts and Patriots

Super Bowl - Saints vs. Ravens

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4654
Some kneejerk reactions after the first two weeks....

I think the Vikings will miss the playoffs. The magic of last season seems like a distant memory.

I haven't given up on the Cowboys, but they will have to battle all year. The Skins and Giants are legit teams, and the Eagles aren't slouches either.

I think the Chiefs are for real as well. I think they'll run away with the unofficial title for NFL's most improved team this year. They made so many brilliant moves both drafting and signing. I think they'll finish above .500 and compete for the division.

Clausen was named the starter for week 3, we'll see how he does, Brad. I predict epic failure.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4512
Couple of upsideas. 49ers looked a lot better than week 1.
Bush is out for 6 weeks
Kolb is back in the starting role---- to eventually give it up to Vick.. He should survive this week until they play a better team. Vick looks as good (thus far) as he ever has.. He looks focused and seems to have matured a lot..

I'm on the fence with the Clausen Starter call..

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11956
The Panthers are just a bad team, let's be serious. Even after two weeks, there is no reason to continue to start Matt Moore. His stats aren't THAT bad but then again he's not the future QB of that team. They might win 5 to 6 games this year. I think Clausen could have a decent finish for the year.

I really like Vick a lot right now. i know why Philly is letting Kolb get the starting job but at the same time, how can you say that Vick didn't just earn it? Philly is a better team with Vick back there imo. But it'd be tough to justify letting McNabb go like that in favor for Kolb only to have Vick step in and take it. I give Kolb 2 games and if he doesn't perform and Vick continues to electrify that offense when he gets in, then I think number 7 will be taking the snaps for the rest of the year.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4656
The Eagles couldn't have handled their QB situation worse IMO. I think a year or two down the line we'll be laughing at how bad they f@#$ed up.

They let McNabb go, a possible future hall of famer who is still performing at his prime level, to make room for an unproven guy who they've been primping for a couple years, because they believe in him that much and want to transition to a more pure pocket passer. Okay, fine. If they really believe in him that much, I can sort of understand. When the Packers ditched Favre for Aaron Rodgers, I thought they were doing the right thing, because Favre was getting old, and I felt Rodgers was going to be awesome. But then, after one mildly disappointing half of football, they give Kolb's job away while he's benched due to injury??

It's asinine. They are alienating the guy who was supposed to be the future of the organization, without giving him a reasonable chance to prove himself. And for what? Vick has looked great so far, but if you think he's the answer, I think you're nuts. Like he became a better passer during his couple years AWAY from pro football? I think he's off to a nice start. I also think he'll revert to being about a 55% passer like he always was.

Personally I don't think Kolb has looked that great in the limited times we've seen him. But wtf are the Eagles doing? They inexplicably went from what seemed like a very long-term plan with Kolb instead of McNabb, to suddenly the complete opposite, being charmed by a couple nice performances by Vick. They've gone from McNabb to Vick, which to me is inarguably a downgrade, and in the process, may have ruined the organizations relationship with Kolb.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23524
Pitt, for the record, I hate the Eagles and always did since I moved to this god forsaken state (South Jersey). I'm a Steeler fan from birth and for ever. That won't change. I have to say I agree with your assessment of what the Eagle franchise has done in the past. They are cutting their own throats and so be it. Mcnabb is doing well in Washington and more power to him so I say. I can't wait for the 2 games they meet against each other. Eagles/Redskins. That will be fun to watch lol.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4659
Paul, those games will be crazy. I'm sure Mcnabb is foaming at the mouth thinking about sticking it to the Eagles. That city never gave him due credit, and never really appreciated him IMO. He won't admit it though, he'll play it cool, and be a class act like he's always been.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 6425
Superbowl: Broncos vs. Eagles (Only if Vick Starts though)

Tebow rushes for 120, passes for 300. Vick drops a 200-200 VYNC performance, and the game goes down to the wire. Not sure who wins.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4513
I guarntee NO ONE made that prediction preseason. I like it and could see it happening. Stranger things have happened. Only one problem.. Denver won't get past Houston in the playoffs.. Biased and optimistic as it may be, Houston is my best hope for that level of sucess ofm my top 2 favorite teams as of now. Although The way the 49ers played the Saints (which is no surprise- as they usuall play each other hard no matter how good each team may be) I haven't ruled out hem for at least the playoffs- due to such a week division and it only being week 3.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4514
Updated predictations-
49er-D
Packers-D
Bears -WC
Philly-D-w/Vick
Washington WC
Saints-D
Packers/Philly-Championship

Texans-D
Colts-WC
Patriots-D
Steelers-D
Denver-D
K.C. or S.D.-WC
Texans / Colts Championship
Texans will beat Colts to split the 1-1 tie after Colts beat them later this year

Texans over Philly 35-28 <--extremely biased

Gold Member

Post Number: 4515
^^^^ possible surprises--- Tampa Bay, Miami, Minnisota (actually turning it around- seems a long shot for now)

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4661
Reece, I WOULD say that you don't get credit for those predictions since you didn't make them before the season kicked off, but they're still pretty ballsy so I'll let it slide.

I don't hate the Eagles pick at all. They've been stacked for years and they still are. They might have the fastest overall team speed in the NFL. They just fly at every position. And their defense is always getting to QBs and always creating turnovers. Not a bad formula!

The Broncos pick I do hate. If they make the superbowl, you should give me supreme amounts of sh!t about it, because I'm telling you now that the Broncos pick is trash. I think they might finish 3rd in their division actually behind SD and KC.

Monday Night Football is going to be INSANE this week. Two undefeated teams, division rivalry, two young QBs with rocket-arms playing great football going in... GO BEARS!!! LETS DO WORK!!!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5817
The bottom line is... what is the fun of predicting things like this if you don't bet on some longshots and go out on a limb?

Someone could just as well copy and paste some obscure writers' picks, and to me that is just worthless and weak. And pretty much the same as that would be to just pick the obvious favorites and choose down from there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6426
Seriously guys? You really think those are my honest predictions? Even if you bought the teams I chose, I figured having Tebow rush for 120 and pass for 300 along with Vick rushing and passing for 200 would make my sarcasm obvious. For one, Tebow shouldn't (and won't) start this year, barring injury to Orton. Kyle has done a great job since coming over from the Bears. He's efficient, fairly accurate, makes smart decisions, and spreads the ball around. Starting Tebow would only hurt the Broncos chances at making a playoff run. Regardless, we all know the Broncos will inevitably choke away any chance they have at even making the playoffs; that is, unless Tebow gives the motivational speech of a lifetime propelling the Broncos to a Superbowl run, a la UF 2008 (C'mon Tim!). While I do think the division is wide open, Denver just never seems to finish a season. Maybe McDaniels can change that trend though.

As for the Eagles, I think they can make some noise, especially if Vick continues to be successful throwing from the pocket. Even after two years away from the game, he's arguably the most dynamic player in the NFL. You can't teach freak athleticism and arm strength. That being said, they're an inexperienced team with a first time starter at RB, young wideouts, and a young defense with no identity. So, while I don't think they'll win the superbowl, they can definitely win the NFC East.

Anyway, here are my true predictions...

Before the season:
AFC East: Jets
AFC North: Ravens
AFC South: Colts
AFC West: Chargers
WC: Titans

NFC East: Redskins
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: 49ers
WC: Vikings or Cowboys

2 weeks in:
AFC North: Steelers
AFC West: Broncos
WC: Texans

NFC East: Redskins
WC: Eagles

And for the record, I wouldn't have picked the Vikes before the season; not because I predicted they'd be 0-2 right now, but because I hate Favre.

What's surprised me the most is how the Bears have looked under Mike Martz. I figured he would give the offense a little boost, but they look like a totally different team. That being said, they're gonna have to run the ball at some point, and Forte is averaging under three yards a carry this year. Their division is too tough to be one-dimensional.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4663
Someone needs to talk to Reece about how many teams make the playoffs in the NFL...

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11958
ROFL I just died a little bit there Ehren

Gold Member

Post Number: 6427
I honestly don't know what I was thinking... All I know is that I'm still smashing in fantasy. Pretty sad you clowns are getting kicked around by someone who doesn't even know how many teams get into the NFL playoffs...

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4666

quote:

Pretty sad you clowns are getting kicked around by someone who doesn't even know how many teams get into the NFL playoffs

Valid point.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4677
Since we're doing updated predictions...

- Bears make the playoffs over the Vikings. In week 1 we get a sloppy win on a last second call which robbed Megatron of a game winning TD, then in week 3, Hester returns a punt for a TD and the Packers shoot themselves in the foot with 15+ penalties. Feels an awful lot like 2006 lol.

- The NFC East has me completely confused. I feel like any of the four teams could win the division.

- The Chiefs are for real. I "officially" picked them to finish 2nd in the division, and now I'm wishing I had had the stones to trust my instincts. They're breaking out even more emphatically than I expected. San Diego watches the playoffs from home this year.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6433
This year has been crazy. No one is dominant. The Vikes looked a lot better last night, but Favre continues to kill them with turnovers. I'm thinking Randy realizes what he had in Tom Brady by the end of the season...

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4709
I'm picturing the Giants in the Superbowl right now. Their pass rush is looking like it did last time they were there.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1888
HELL YEA Ehren! That's what i'm talking about lol. They are doing great at the moment. Even the NY Jets are doing good. I just HOPE the Giants do not choke. If i'm not mistaken, I think the Giants last year started off to a 5-0 but ended up choking. Many teams are just not like they used to be and all the 'lower end' teams are getting up there in the stats.
I mean the chargers at 2-5? Vikings at 2-4? Many teams have too many loses so early into the season. Just as Christmas Elvis said, no one is dominant.

Too bad Romo fractured is left clavicle. Really doubt the cowboys are going anywhere this season. Same for the Vikes and Favre's fractured foot.

I'm really liking the Packers. I want them to go far this season. I'm really impressed with Rodgers and I think they can definitely make it far.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4457
I'm with Singletary and Jed York in saying that the Niners will win the division and make the playoffs.

lol

lmao

bwahahahahahahahahaha

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3259
I won't be surprise if Singletary gets fired in two weeks.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4459
Me neither. I think he is more a hard-nose,motivational, coach, rather than an X's and O's coach.

Niners are going to start Troy Smith at QB in London.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23769
Favre should announce his retirement soon.

So he can retract it and play another season next year. I mean, just get it over with already.

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3261
I think the Vikings do better with T.Jackson. Favre lost his touch.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1906
LOL - We need to see some of this in the NFL

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23847
HOW ABOUT DEM COWBOYS!!

Errr. Not.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3260
at least they've won a game lol we're well on our way to having a season rivaling the Lions

Username: Lxxsumi8

Post Number: 5
thanks for sharing this.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23853
^^^^Fucking tool.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4536
Week 10 leaves a chitload of questions!!!

Not gonna cover em all here but I will ask a couple..

-Are the Eagles that f'ing good?
What can you say about Vick, besides, "WOW!"

Is Dallas all the sudden wakened by the new head coach, or is Smith's absence that critical?

Is Tampa really a true force?

Is Vick the League's MVP front runner (even though he has missed some playtime? Do the Eagles have to go far in the playoff's for that to happen?

Steelers- overrated? or Pat's that good?
I'll stop there but I have plenty of other questions ..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4537
I consider myself to be pretty "up-to-date" on internet chit (viral vid's, ect.)

But about a week (maybe two) ago I found out or got the "Two Manning's, One Cup" Team name of Reece's. I have to say that I am glad to not have watched the actual video( i simply watched Joe Rogan's reaction to watching it to get the idea). But that team name is brilliant for other more football reason's too. I know this is random, but I was already typing and thought about this and figured, better late than never! Nice one Reece!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6441
I can't take credit for the name, Mark. I'm sure it was used by 1000s (even hundreds of thousands) before me, but I did find it clever.

As for the Eagles, I think they're legit. They play tenacious defense and the amount of offensive weapons at Andy Reid's disposal is almost unfair. First of all, how great does the Vick contract extension look now? This is a guy playing at a 100 million dollar level, yet they're paying around 8 million dollars to reap the benefits of his dominance for the next two years. The emergence of "Shady" (aka LeSean McCoy) has also been huge for the Eagles. I have to "gas myself up" to some extent on this one, because I drafted him in every fantasy leagues I'm in and was confident he would be pick up where Brian Westbrook left off (thankfully he doesn't have a vagina like Westbrook). He is as versatile as they come, capable of running between the tackles as well as catching passes out of the backfield. Now, throw in Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, and Brent Celek. How is a defense supposed to stop everyone if the offense is clicking? Add in the addition of Jerome Harrison (hopefully that son of a bitch doesn't nab too many goal line carries from McCoy), and they possibly the most complete offense in the league.

That's not to say there won't be bumps in the road. For one, I cringe every time Vick gets hit. He appears to wince every time he picks himself up off the dirt. While I hope he stays healthy, his style of play is VERY conducive to injuries, especially considering the dude checks in at 6 foot tall, 215 pounds (in pads, soaking wet). It's just hard for someone his size to take punishment from 300 pound defensive linemen, 260 pound linebackers, and 220 pound safeties. I hope, both for the Eagles' and my fantasy team's sake, that he stays healthy, though, and if he does, I don't see a more deserving candidate for MVP.

Phil Rivers is putting up monster numbers, but the Chargers have a losing record. Same can be said for Kyle Orton. Then you have the normal names--Manning, Brady, and Brees--but outside of Peyton, none of them have asserted themselves MVP caliber players this year. Both Brees and Brady lost to the Browns for Christ's sake. Yeah, yeah, yeah, the Browns are back... Whatever, Colt McCoy is their starting quarterback and their only other win came against the 2-7 Bengals.

That being said, both the Patriots and the Steelers are overrated. The Steelers defense looked unbelievable the first five games of the year, but the past few weeks they have been quite vulnerable. Contrarily, the Patriots defense looked great last week, but the Steelers offense has been out of sync and losing Hines Ward doesn't help. While it seems like a stretch to call the Pats overrated, they just haven't been impressive, even while winning, this season. Regardless, the Pats are the Pats, so they will be around come playoff time; I just don't expect them to hang around very long. It's hard to make a championship run with BenJarvis Green-Ellis as your starting runningback. If they go back to the basics like they tried to do last week, getting Welker and Branch involved, I think they have a lot better chance to finish the season strongly.

Lastly, I think Tampa is legit. Freeman looks WAY too poised for this to be his second season. He has great pocket presence, a cannon, and a talented group of young receivers to air it out to. While their defense has been suspect at times, their offense has been able to bail them out thus far. It will be interesting to see how they look coming down the stretch.

Is it zany that I called the Pats overrated and the Bucs legit? I can't say it isn't, but I'm more-so talking about their standing in respect to how they were projected to look this year and the hype they've received thus far. Do I think the Bucs COULD beat the Pats? Of course, but whether the would actually pull it off is a different story.

That's my ¢2...

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4756
The Eagles are a really strong team. They fly (no pun intended) at pretty much every position on both sides of the ball. However, the Giants just showed us, albeit in a losing effort, that they CAN be slowed down.

My NFC Power rankings would be:
1. Giants
2. Packers
3. Eagles
4. Falcons
5. Who cares it's a four team conference IMO.

Is Tampa legit? Depends on how you define legit. At this point in the season I'd define it as a team that will make the playoffs, and potentially do damage once there. I don't think Tampa can. They're finding ways to win games, and Freeman looks awesome (thank god I grabbed him in the ecoustics league or I'd be f@#$ed), but their record is way better than the numbers that have gotten them there. Their schedule has 9-7 written all over it. @Baltimore, @New Orleans, vs. Atlanta, vs. Detroit which is no gimme. They'll finish 10-6 if they're LUCKY.

I agree that the Pats are a tad overrated. Their defense is bad, and their run game isn't great either. Granted they find a way to make plays on defense, and they certainly put up points, but I don't trust them. I like the Steelers and the Jets best in the AFC. Run the ball, stop the run.

Colt McCoy is playing great for a rookie on a bad team, Reece. So far his worst opponent has been the Jags, other than that he's played @NO, @PIT, vs NE, and vs NYJ... give the kid some credit, that is as tough a 5 game start to a quarterbacks career possible, and he's done quite well considering.

My gut is still telling me Giants, Giants, Giants. I don't think there is a more complete team in the NFL. They need Nicks to get healthy. But their defense is well rounded, with maybe the best pass rush in the game, and on offense they can do it all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6445
Ehren, while I agree Colt has played surprisingly well, I'm pretty sure most of his success has emanated from Peyton Hillis's beastliness. I know you've seen his numbers, but have you seen the Browns play? They're offense is seriously run, run, check-down, run, run, check-down, check-down, run, run, run, check-down, run, run, run, run, run (Just an approximation). Colt rarely has to make throws beyond 10 yards even if he's given the option (which is isn't most of the time). He plays exactly how he played at Texas, dinking and dunking down the field, except he actually has a running back in this offense. Regardless, considering he was nearly cut during the preseason, the organization couldn't ask much more from the guy.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4766
My gut tells me the Steelers pull an upset tonight, and the Pats hold it down at home tomorrow night.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23989
How smart you are.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4768
Jets = EXPOSED.

Paul, I watched SNF with my Dad, and pregame we made our picks. He was big on the Ravens, and I told him the Curtain has better playmakers on its defense, and that they'd get a big turnover to win it in the fourth quarter.

He wanted to cry.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23999
The Ravens should have won but they flat out gave it away.

And guess which QB I have on my fantasy team? Peyton (I flucking love throwing interceptions) Manning. The man will throw for 350+ yards and get at least 2 in the end zone every game yet because of the picks he nets me 15-20 points?

I want to cry.

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3268
How about them Chargers??????

Gold Member

Post Number: 6446
Peyton is a victim of a terrible running game. You can tell how frustrated he is out there. He'll read the defense like a book, checking to a run play that is wide open, only to have Javarris James, Mike Hart, or Donald Brown (what an absolute waste of a 1st round pick) mosey into the hole and get drilled. Now he's trying to put the game on his back by forcing throws down field, feeling like he has to make the big play, but there's nothing there because the defense can afford to sit on deep routes and wait for the Colts to take a shot. The Colts are in trouble until they get a RB who's worth a sh1t.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1942
Jets = EXPOSED!

i'm not a fan of them, but i don't dislike them. I understand they lost to Patriots, even by that much. But the fact that they couldn't score a damn TD with the Dolphins is just horrible. It's about time their luck ran out.

Their next game is at the Steelers, which IMO will be a victory for the Steelers. Then they are off to the Bears, which IMO will lose against the Bears.

And finally, it will be Bills vs Jets. This is where i want the underdog to win so I will be rooting for Bills

Eagles at Giants - can't wait for Giants to regain division leadership!

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5866
Reece -- it has a lot to do with the Colt's run blocking. They seem confused and sluggish every time they are in run mode. In pass mode, they are fine, because that's all they are used to. But with a few tweaks to the scheme, Addai coming back soon, and Jarvarris James emerging as a possible star, the Colts offense will be improved come playoff time.

And the defense is tough against the pass but have been burned all year by the run, giving up a lot of yards, first downs, and points. 31 to the Pats, 36 to the Chargers, 38 to Dallas and 28 to the Titans... in a row. The D keeps this up, and they are one and done. But this year, they match up very well against their two biggest (and most probable) opponents, the "pass first and run later" Chargers and Patriots. The team they better hope to avoid is the Steelers, who can run and pass well when needed, and have a very tough and fast defense. Nobody has been able to run on them all year, which is why their passing defense stats are so inflated. Pittsburgh would crush the Colts right now.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4777

quote:

it has a lot to do with the Colt's run blocking.

Agreed.

quote:

Jarvarris James emerging as a possible star

We can't be thinking of the same guy. He looks awful to me.

quote:

they match up very well against their two biggest (and most probable) opponents, the "pass first and run later" Chargers and Patriots.

If the Colts make the playoffs, I think they get SMASHED by virtually any opponent. The Pats'll own them. The Steelers or Ravens would crush them too. I even think the Chargers would beat them.

The colts are a bad team this year. They need to overhaul their offensive line. I think they've been so focused for years on pass protecting Peyton, that their run blocking has been practically ignored. Addai and Hart look at least OKAY to me, but the system is f#@$ed. Peyton stilll manages to single-handedly win them some games, but if they had even a respectable run game, their offense would really be a force. I think they're actually much stronger at receiver right now than they were back in the Marvin Harrison days, which is a scary thought.

Username: Jonyleaber

Dhaka, Dhaka Bangladesh

Post Number: 2
Divsion Winners:

AFC North: Ravens
AFC West: Chargers
NFC East: Cowboys

Wild Cards:

AFC: Titans
NFC: Vikings

MVPs

AFC: Ray Rice, Ravens RB
NFC: Drew Brees, Saints QB

Super Bowl:

Jets 20, Packers, 14

Surprise Teams:

Packers: I say they have the number 1 defense this year, also the breakout star in the NFC is going to be either B.J. Raji or Clay Matthews. They'll have huge years for this team and put the D over the edge.

Raiders: After a slow start, they'll compete for a wild card spot until the final 2 weeks where they'll collapse, but not after an encouraging season.

Breakout Stars:

Clay Matthews, Packers OLB
Rey Maualuga, Bengals OLB

Rookie of the Year:

AFC: Eric Berry, Chiefs S
NFC: Russell Okung, Seahawks LT

Most Improved Player

Darius Heyward-Bey, Raiders WR
Vernon Gholston, Jets DE

Gold Member

Post Number: 4548
holy facktards . wtf??^^

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4780
DA BEARS!!!!!!

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1947
are you still seeing the Giants in the superbowl?

With a shameful loss the other night, my hopes just went down.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4781
It's hard to see it right now when they beat themselves so often. Coach Kaughlin (sp) needs to go IMO.

If they can find a way to clean up the sloppy play I still say they're one of the best, most complete teams in the NFL.

I hope they make the playoffs and get matched up against the Eagles in the first round though. I'm calling it now, the Giants beat the Eagles in the playoffs if they get the chance.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4549
I'm calling it now, Eagles WIN the Superbowl, with their middle of the road defense!

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5869
Nobody will beat the Chargers if we can make it in to the playoffs.

By that time we should have a healthy and rested Gates, Floyd and Jackson. With the way Philip is playing right now (I would take him over anyone, including Mike) and our defense? Fuhget about it.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4785
I don't know Brad, I can't decide how I feel about your Chargers. I picked them to make the superbowl last year and the year before, and obviously I was incorrect.

Without looking at the numbers, no one would guess that they're 2nd in total offense, and 1st in total defense. As impressive as that seems, you would think they were a 12-2 powerhouse cruising to a first round bye. But, no. They are 8-6, despite playing what has been IMO a really weak schedule. They've lost to the Seahawks, Rams, and Oakland twice. I understand the Rams and Raiders aren't gimmes anymore, but the Charges have been boom or bust every week. They should easily have 10 or more wins.

If I were a betting man (and I am ), there would be no way I could trust them enough to pick them to beat a team like the Patriots in the playoffs.

The Pats defense isn't great, but they're my AFC favorites with Tom playing OUT OF HIS MIND. He's this years MVP right now IMO.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16417
Patriots vs Atlanta...Superbowl

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1948
sure seems like that right now when both are 12-2. By I don't see the Falcons in the SB. I DO see the Pats but not against ATL.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24126
Born in Westmoreland county hospital, September 14th 1971. A Pittsburgh fan by birth and forever after. That's my roots, forever.

Fucking period.

Win or lose. They are my colors forever.

Yeah, I'm a fan lol.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4787
I predict Paul will continue to be a Steelers fan.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24128
Ahhhhhhhh yup yup giddy up.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4788
Wow, Chargers. Just pathetic.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5876
One of the announcers said it was "the best group of talent I have ever seen miss the playoffs in all of my years in the game."

I think Norv coached his last game here.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4789
I don't think Atlanta is ready yet. I think a few weeks from now people may be saying "Atlanta was just never the same after that Monday night loss to the Saints". The lights felt extra bright tonight, and Atlanta couldn't make the plays when they needed them most.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16419
NFC WILD-CARD ROUND
Sat., Jan. 8 at 4:30 p.m. ET (NBC): No. 5 SAINTS at No. 4 SEAHAWKS
Sun., Jan. 9 at 4 p.m. ET (FOX): No. 6 PACKERS at No. 3 EAGLES

AFC WILD-CARD ROUND
Sat., Jan. 8 at 8 p.m. ET (NBC): No. 6 JETS at No. 3 COLTS
Sun., Jan. 9 at 1 p.m. ET (CBS): No. 5 RAVENS at No. 4 CHIEFS

NFC DIVISIONAL ROUND
Sat.-Sun., Jan. 15-16 (FOX): TBD at No. 1 FALCONS
Sat.-Sun., Jan. 15-16 (FOX): TBD at No. 2 BEARS

AFC DIVISIONAL ROUND
Sat.-Sun., Jan. 15-16 (CBS): TBD at No. 1 PATRIOTS
Sat.-Sun., Jan. 15-16 (CBS): TBD at No. 2 STEELERS

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP
Sunday, Jan. 23 (FOX): TBD at TBD

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP
Sunday, Jan. 23 (CBS): TBD at TBD

SUPER BOWL XLV ON FOX
Sunday, Feb. 6 (FOX): NFC champ vs. AFC champ, Dallas

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1957
My Picks:

WC:
Saints>Seahawks
Packers>Eagles
Jets>Colts
Ravens>Chiefs

Division Playoffs:
Jets>Steelers
Patriots>Ravens
Saints>Atlanta
Packers>Bears

Conference:
Patriots>Jets
Saints>Packers

Superbowl:
Patriots>Saints

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1023
I dont agree with your AFC picks. The Steelers wouldnt play the Jets in the second round because they are the 6th seed. If the Jets where to win they would play the Pats. The Steelers would play either the colts,ravens or cheifs in the second round depending on who wins. But... I do agree with your NFC picks tho.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1958
really? wouldn't the winner of Jets/Colts play Steelers?
Thats how i thought it was setup.

I'm still new at this so i'm sure i could be wrong.

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1024
#6 seed(if they win) will always play the #1 seed.
So,if the jets were to win they would play the pats in the second round. Then the Steelers would play the winner of the chiefs/ravens. But...if the Colts win since they were the 3rd seed they would play the Steelers an the pats would play the winner of the chiefs/ravens. It all goes by seeding. #1 seed will always play the lowest seeded team left. It does get alittle confusing sometimes.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4798
I'm curious, what do you guys think of the NFL's playoff format? All over ESPN the "experts" are talking about what a travesty it is that Seattle made the playoffs at 7-9. On Mike & Mike this morning, they pointed out that maybe more importantly, the seeding is what needs to be reconsidered.

Because of the divisional format:

The Jets play @ Indy (which is huge since Peyton and company have always played way better at home), despite having finished a game better than the Colts.

The Ravens play @ Kansas City (a notoriously tough field to travel to, where KC is 7-1 this year), despite finishing two games better.

The Packers play @ Philly, who finished with a record equal to Green Bay's, but lost to the Packers earlier in the year, giving the Pack ownership of the tiebreaker. Again very significant, as the Packers were a 7-1 powerhouse at Lambo field this year.

And of course, craziest of all, the 7-9 Seahawks get home field advantage against the 11-5 Saints, a whopping FOUR GAMES their superior.

I'm going to wait a couple more days to make my official predictions, but I think home field will play a HUGE role in the first round this year. Guaranteeing division winners a playoff berth makes sense to me for a few reasons, but the seeding is unfair IMO.

Another interesting storyline going into the playoffs, is that this will be the first year with the new overtime rules. I, like many others as Greeny and Golic pointed out, had completely forgotten about this. For the first time ever, if any of these playoff games go to overtime, and on the first possession the team makes a field goal, guess what, THE GAME ISN'T OVER!!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16422
WC:
Saints>Seahawks
Eagles>Packers
Colts>Jets
Ravens>Chiefs

Division Playoffs:
Steelers>Colts
Patriots>Ravens
Atlanta>Saints
Bears>Eagles

Conference:
Patriots>Steelers
Atlanta>Bears

Superbowl:
Patriots>Atlanta

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16423
Division Playoffs:
Steelers>Baltimore
Patriots>Jets
Atlanta>Eagles
Bears>Seattle

Conference:
Patriots>Steelers
Atlanta>Bears

Superbowl:
Patriots>Atlanta

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4809
Didn't post my picks in time, but I'm one for three so far. My picks were:

Indy > Jets (Wrong)

Saints > Seattle (Wrong)

Ravens > Chiefs (Right)

Packers > Eagles (Looking good so far)

I've got Packers/Ravens in the Superbowl, that's what I picked preseason, and they're both strong teams so why flip on them now!?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24231
Seattle threw me for a loop pool wise but I nailed all my other picks this weekend.

David Akers must be seeking means of suicide after his 2 missed FGs that would've ultimately won the game for the Eagles. (He should be kicking himself).

First quarter I was actually rooting against my pick in the Raven/Chief game. I really wanted to see David beat Goliath's Defense. (mainly so the Steelers would be facing the Chiefs next week).

The Jets over the Colts? Didn't surprise me a bit. Peyton had a sour second half to his season and I expected it to roll into the playoffs.

Now as a Steeler fan I have to rustle all my confidence I can in their offense to match up against the infamous Raven's D.

Winning a 7th SB would just be surreal to any/all fellow fans.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 314
steelers may beat the ravens but they won't beat new england, their offense is the best in the league by far and pits offense won't score enough to keep up.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23744
falcons gonna take it all this year.

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1034
"steelers may beat the ravens but they won't beat new england, their offense is the best in the league by far and pits offense won't score enough to keep up."

Yea,the pats have had are number for awhile now. I think Brady is somewhere around 7-1 against us. There just a pain in the @ss really. lol I think we can squeeze past the ravens,but im hoping that somehow the Jets pull off the upset. An AFC champ game played at Heinz field would be nice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 315
falcons vs patriots is gonna be good. really want the falcons to win nice to see a "nobody" team win it all. or we could all sh1t ourselves if seatle wins it all lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24236
Seattle cashed in all the chips they had on Saturday. The road ends this weekend for them IMO.

In today's league you can't crown any team so lopsidedly. The Pat's are damn good but you can't be afraid of them, or else they've already won. Sack his azz a few times (hard) and remind him he's human and he can fold like any of them. (Time for NE fans to interject their assumed dominance).

Oh and Sean, I'm crossing my fingers too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4550
"really want the falcons to win nice to see a "nobody" team win it all. "

a "nobody" team won it all last year.. Really don't get more "nobody" than the "Aint's"

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1036
"Oh and Sean, I'm crossing my fingers too"

Its very possible man. With the way things have turned out this season you really just never know.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24275
HOW BOUT THEM STEELERS!!??? Lol. Actually it was a badly officiated game filled with errors from both teams. 5 turnovers in a playoff game? It's a W but not a proud one.

And who would have thought the Packs would be up 21 points in the 3rd against Atlanta? Currently driving for more as well.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24276
Correction. 28 points.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4354
Packers are going to the SB

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24277
I can't believe the Jets are holding the Pats to 3 points. I mean, these are the Patriots correct? The New England Patriots?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5430
Not happy in New England Tonight...We Got De-Feeted...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24279
Well I'm dealing with mixed feelings about it. I had picked NE to win as a betting man on my office playoff pool but as a Steeler fan I'll take the Jets at home over NE at their place any day.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1967
J.E.T.S JETS JETS JETS!!!!

How you like them apples Brady?
lol

wooohooo GB won!
I'm predicting GB > Steelers for SB

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24281
Skullz, you on as they say lol.

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 2103
The shoe was on the other foot today!

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1058
Some dam good football over the weekend i must say!!! AFC champ game at Heinz field? Wow,i gotta say i really didnt see it working out this way but...I'll take it! I just hope they dont take this team lightly. They did just beat Manning an Brady on the road so...they can play a little bit. Should be a good one!

Here we go Steelers,Here we go!!!! Lets make it 7!!!!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24283
Yes I was subtly wishing for the Jets to win also but after watching what they can do on the road it scares me a bit also. Although the Pats weren't anywhere near up to par and Brady's receivers had a touch of the nerves it appeared. Lot's of experience on the team so no excuses. Pittsburgh better leave what they brought against the Ravens in the first half at the door. That chit won't fly in the AFC championship game.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23747
steelers got this. they better cause i can't fricking stand mark sanchez and jets. i hope sanchez never wins a superbowl or even go to the superbowl.

now that my falcons and colts are out, i have no team to root for so i will be watching with no stress lol.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1970
why do you hate sanchez so much?

He's not bad.......for a rookie.

Unless it's something personal??

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1065
"He's not bad.......for a rookie."

I dont think hes that bad. Hes more of a game manager, that makes a throw here an there when he needs to. But...hes only been playing for 2 years an this is his second AFC championship game so he must be doing something right.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23748
i just don't like the dude. didn't like him too much at USC. him leaving usc didn't help either.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24286
I need both GB and Pitt to win this weekend and it will rake me in $300 on my office playoff pool. Out of 20 there are only 4 of us left and I'm in the lead.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1972
lol that's a good bet.

I should have put money down on some of the games and i would have won.

Will you still be happy if the Jets beat the Steelers? (representing NY/NJ?)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24290
Honestly I'm happy the Steelers have gone this far. I dread watching Steeler games with my Father because he's the ultimate pessimist. Literally by losing the coin toss he's dead against his own team. He calls it reverse psychology but all it does is drive my Mother insane.

All in all as long as an AFC team wins the SB I'm good. I have nothing bad to say about the Jets and how they got where they are this year.

But an extra $300 and a 7th trophy would be nicer.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24293
Just to throw it out there, let's look back on all the disappointments and shocker losses in the playoffs.

The Saints beaten by Seattle? Defending SB champs? Wow.
The Patriots. The most anticipated SB winner of this year beaten by the Jets. Holy crap!
Falcons Defeated by a sixth seeded Green Bay? Must be a joke, but it isn't.

Now we have classic and historic match-ups this weekend with Pitt against the Jets and Greenbay against Da Bears. I'm all tingly inside lol.

It truly IS anyone's game lol.

Mind you regardless of who wins I'm a "football" fan first. I love watching the game regardless.

Nah scratch that. If my team losses I'm with the rest of them and spend the next two weeks licking my wounds, hating the world lol.

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1073
Paul,who would have thought at the begining of the year that we would go this far? With Bens suspension they didnt even have us making the playoffs. Got to love the sport man! Any givin sunday.

P.S. Paul, check out Jim Shearer on youtube when you get a chance. He does these little skits every week called "yinz luv da stillers" Some funny stuff.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4815
Steelers 20, Jets 16.

Bears 27, Packers 20.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 12049
I disagree on both of those guesses

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24302
So you think it's a Jets/Packer superbowl?

Interesting game if so. Like I said, at this point it's all good lol.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4816
Bears/Packers should be a great game, but I think the Bears can pull it off. Jay Cutler is as talented as any QB in the NFL, and I think he's taken some big steps in maturing this season. His decision making has been greatly improved for the most part. Throw in a big return or two from Hester, and I like our chances. In week 17 when the Packers were fighting for their playoff lives, and the Bears had little to play for, we still managed to make them look bad (even though they won the game). Their offense looked miserable against our D, and they barely managed a single touchdown.

The Steelers pick I'm pretty confident in. Not that the Jets can't win, they're a very good team, but I'm not on the fence at all on this one. The Steelers D is better than the Jets IMO. The Jets won't be able to run on the steelers much, so Sanchez will have to pass, and Woodley/Harrison will be all over him. The Jets need a great game from Sanchez, if they get one then they're in business cause their receiving corps is really good. But I'll take Big Ben over Sanchez any day, and I'll take the Steelers' D to make enough big plays to win it.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24303
Yes the GB/bear game will IMO be the game of the day. Such an old school match up with today's talent would be a crime to miss. Sometimes I use geography to give a team an edge in the playoffs due to weather. Not this time since both are cold climate teams. It wouldn't matter if it was snowing or raining out, 60 degrees or 10, both are playing in their element outdoors in soldier field. GB is on a Cinderella ride and I'm hoping (football pool financially wise) they continue it for just one more week.

Pittsburgh? Ben is a bull of a QB with the gift of patience in the pocket and the ability to shake off the rush with enough time to find his playmakers in veteran Ward and young gun Wallace. Paired up with a fantastic D it gives them the edge all the analysts are predicting.

This is where they have to prove that. I say it in all playoff games and it's never more so true then now. Turnovers and special team plays decide the game. Pitt has a bad habit of allowing kickoff returns for massive yardage/points that it could mean the game today. If Troy can step it up and shake Sanchez up it will certainly make a huge difference as well.

In the end if both teams play mistake free football and both do what they are built for I give the game to Pitt. But, on any given Sunday........................................

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
wow my choices were way off had pats an falcons in the SB lol. would like to see pit crush the jets idk why just never like the jets ever. the packers bears will be the game of the year imo looking forward to to it more than the sb honestly, to old school rivals fighting to go to the sb what more could we ask for. my picks packers 27 bears 24 in OT thats right and pit 21 jets 10. lets see what happens an play some football.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4817
Bears game was extremely painful to watch. Credit to Caleb Hanie for at least making it interesting in the fourth quarter.

I am VERY anxious to find out more about Jay Cutler's injury. The city of Chicago is pretty upset with him right now, sure didn't look like he made much of an effort to get back into the biggest game of his life.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4356

Gold Member

Post Number: 4551
"puttin'; yellow on green like a flag on a play" lol

great line.. catchy little ditty.. Congrats to all the Cheese heads..

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1973
Wow....whta way to fck up Jets. If they did half of what they did in the second half during the first half, they would have most likely taken the win.
Anyways, everyone I know rooted for and picked them over jets.

I still say GB>Steelers in Superbowl.

Not that Ben and his team isn't better, I think they are. I just beleive GB will be the better team at the SB.

I hope.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4818
Stave that has to be the most remixed song ever, I'm pretty sure there is a version for like every sports team. The original is a great track. Best remix I've heard is the "purp & yellow" Lakers mix with Snoop and The Game.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24304
Skullz no disrespect to the Jets at all because that was a nail biter of a 2nd half. How does a team 24 points up ALMOST give it away? No points scored in the 2nd half by the Steelers and still win? Wow.

I know Jet fans are bitter and they had a very great story to get where they got. The Byrd influence was spectacular. God bless him. Like I said earlier I have NOTHING against the Jets so if they did win tonight I hoped they would be the ones to upset the Packers.

So we have Pitt against the Packers. Many are distraught and many are inflated, yet we all are psyched. At least you should be as a football fan. Two classic defenses against two great scrambling QBs?

Hold onto your butts lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16424
Two deserving teams in the Superbowl..a win win situation for both...Rodgers finally getting his shot after shadowing Favre..and Ben and the boys ready to prove themselves once again...ya have to admire both teams and their accomplishments this year...was a great NFL season with many twists and turns..I'm gonna predict the Packers, but hell I been wrong all thru the playoffs..lol

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1074
Did anybody happen to catch this stuff during the steeler game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C8p8lRDeMk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsk8XGpj9J8

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1976
i saw the Sanchez one before but WTF MENDENHALL!!!

They never showed that one on TV.

HAHA that was a good laugh

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24321
Lol. Mendenhall better be careful. With Ben's rep and all. ;)

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1083
Getting close guys! Anymore final predictions?
I think its going to be a high scoring game. Kind of like the game these guys played last year when the steelers won 37-36. There was a combined 900 yards of passing in that game. Should be pretty dam exciting!

I think the steelers defense comes up big when they have to... Steelers 31 Packers 28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj_np4f1zw4

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24344
Born and raised. I still believe. In my pool at work I need either a Steeler win or a total point score of 48 or less. That brings me $300.

Regardless, if the GB Packers pull it out and win it I'm fine with it. The Steelers still prove themselves as the team they are to get this far.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4821
Steelers 27, Packers 23.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24349
Congrats GB. The Steelers simply couldn't overcome their 3 turnovers. Mistake free football wins these games. I myself was wondering if the last 2 minutes of this game were going to reflect what Ben is capable of but, that's the game. No hard feelings and celebrate as you wish GB, you earned it the hard way like Pitt did as the 6th seed several years ago. My son is crushed though. Without loss you cannot appreciate victory.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4822
Great game. Competitive all the way even though it felt like the Packers might pull away at one point. Like Paul said, the Steelers made a couple crucial mistakes turning the ball over, and it cost them for sure.

Packers should be a force for years to come in the NFL, as some of us have seen coming (scroll to first post of this thread ).

All non-football aspects of this super bowl sucked IMO. I can't think of any commercials that really stood out other than the "reply all" commercial which made me laugh. Christina messed up the lyrics to the National Anthem, and the halftime show was unfathomably bad. Fuggie looked gross and sounded even worse, as usual.

Reply all commercial

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3621
Yeah the commercials in the beginning were pretty good, but pretty much after halftime they all were stupid.

Back Eyed Peas suck too. How is fergie a singer?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1982
Also Career Builder commercial was OK. But the Reply All one was definitely one of the better ones.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1984
Kardashian had me drooling as well lol

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4825
I agree she looked amazing.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24351
Truthfully I hadn't noticed the botched anthem lyrics until today. I didn't care for her rendition of it from the start so I suppose I didn't pay attention. Halftime show was indeed pathetic. Slash should've stayed home. Coupled with the seating drama before the game I wouldn't give the complex much more than 7/10 stars for the event.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1505
I was happy with the game. I couldn't believe how well Green Bay played. I'm not really a fan of either team but I was pulling for Green Bay. If they hadn't of messed up those few times they could have had even more points on the board. Like with the pass the one guy missed which could have been a touchdown. Gotta say that both defenses were spot on. It just seemed like the Steelers had the ball more often, but when the Packers had it, they did something with it. As for the half time, I thought they could have chosen someone better. The black eyed peas are ok, but they've only had one new, recent song out. Most of all they sang was out dated. The highlight I thought was Usher.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us