LEXUS-Roll over problem.

Username: Tony9434

Post Number: 2
I've read that Toyota's Lexus SUV's have a tip/rollover problem. The present Electronic Stability Control or ESC only brakes certain wheels to prevent the rear of the vehicle from skidding outward when cornering in an attempt to make the vehicle travel in its intended path.-----see: How ESC Works
http://www.iihs.org/ratings/esc/esc_explained.html
This present ESC System may be fine to control the vehicle on slippery roads to keep the vehicle from slipping sideways. But, more control than this present ESC System is needed to prevent high profile vehicles from tipping or rolling over.
This roll over problem could be }}solved by incorporating an automatic tilting/banking mechanism that would tilt the vehicle inwardly while cornering. Much like the raceways and highways are banked inwardly around corners. This tilting mechanism could incorporate an hydraulic aided system that would lower the vehicle on the inward side of a corner and conversely raise the outer side of the vehicle. The steering wheel position and sensers could be used to control the tilting/banking toward the inward side of the corner. Tilting the vehicle inwardly around courners would also keep the passengers weight from shifted outwardly.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9601
From what I've heard about this "study" done on these Lexus trucks is that they roll over in EXTREME conditions. What moron drives their SUV like a race car? If you're one don't be too surprised when you flip over, hell, even if you drive a lowered car in extreme conditions you can flip over. Shocking right?

Post Number: 3
Hey you're not xxx and you are not worth $20.----Th3pwn3r
Have you seen the Video of the Lexus SUV-Not a truck??
This SUV was not driven on a race track it was driven on a normal run and it almost flipped over. Even Toyota has stopped the sale of these SUV's.
If you could read, you will notice that the fix I proposed, would lower only the internal side of the SUV on the inter-side of a curve while cornering and raise the outer side. These High Profile Vehicles are top heavy and are prone to flip over even in normal speeds. If you will study the picture of the ESC control at:
http://www.iihs.org/ratings/esc/esc_explained.html
- you will notice that the oversteer correction pictured on the bottom right, tends to keep the rear of the vehicle from slipping/spining outwardly thereby } stopping the outward movement of the vehicle and thereby NOT ALLOWING the normal weight of the vehicle to slide outwardly. Not allowing the vehicle to slide outwardly could be the primary cause for the vehicle to flip over. This ESC fix is wrong and may cause the vehicle to flip.
Hydraulic methods are commonly used on trick cars which can make them jump up in the air in an instant.
Get a Life.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9605
I'm sorry if this is a surprise to you but lots of SUVS have issues with roll overs.

Get a life yourself because I'm taking yours.

By the way, I didn't open what you attempted to make a link. That would have required copying and pasting which is too much work for me.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11137

Post Number: 4
Th3pwn3r--
You sound like a Life Treatening Killer. When you say that you are taking my life. It is people like you that aught to get a life. You sure do not have a life in the first place.}

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9607
OH NO I DON'T HAVE A LIFE

Why are you so srs? Tony, I'm sorry I'm the only one who bothered to post in this thread because it's obvious that nobody else gave a sh1t except for Muddy and he probably clicked the thread to see what kind of garbage I'd post in here for lulz or to make fun of me or somethin =/

Back on topic, the rich muthafuckas can buy a new Lexus or prosthetic limbs after it rolls over :D

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11154
F*ck Tony. And not to make fun but read your lulz. Lol

Post Number: 5
Muddy-Basshead-Dumbhead and Th3pwn3r- You guys break all the Terms and Rules set by these Forum guidelines.
Shame on you. Get a life.
You guys make Conservative Republicans look bad.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

Sorry, I have a new 20...

Post Number: 1554
Tony,
the hydraulic tilting mechanism you described has been tried and has failed. The tilting simply changes the vehicles center of gravity but in doing so it also provides a false confidence to drivers who use thier sense of gravity to determine how far the vehicle can be pushed. This leads to drivers believing that the vehicle can be pushed farther due to the fact that it leans inward.
I read about the test in a automotive journal. Ill see if i can find it.

btw Rob FTW

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9610
Tony is just like me, he's a douche bag BUT without any sort of comical value. He's Mr.Srsfag on an internet forum :D I think he's just mad because he rolled his Lexus but couldn't afford the insurance and now he's out some money.

Thanks Phil =)

Post Number: 6
Here we go again --More Toyota Recalls
First-The Gas pedals Stick the car goes fast.and won't stop.
Second- the Brakes don't work.. The car won't stop.
Third--The SUV's tip --over.. Sales for vehicle stopped
Fourth--The Cables holding the Spare Tire rusts allowing
the spare to fall out for the car behind to hit.
Fifth-- Toyotas won't accelerate-- Recall issued.
Sixth--} Basshead and Muddy--Love their cars and each other.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9613
SEVENTH(!)-You failed because "Basshead" and "Muddy" are one in the same and if you don't love yourself nobody else will amirite?

Do you work for Government Motors or Ford by any chance?

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11155
Lolz
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us