My threads make babies.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FL

Post Number: 10835
I am getting ready to watch one of two movies.

either Pan's Labyrinth or The Hurt Locker.

both look very promising. just watched a trailer for The Hurt Locker and it looks ama-za-zing.

be back on later dudes™

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4260
Both are OUTSTANDING movies. Completely different, but awesome. Enjoy.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1426
i heard Hurt Locker is really good flick to watch

enjoy!

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10836
Pan's Labyrinth was absolutely amazing! 5 stars!
the movie is a gem! i almost didnt want to watch it bc i didnt feel like reading sub-titles, but im glad i did. very engaging story and top notch acting all around.

off to watch Visioneers w/ Zach Galifianakis, if it has a bunch of film festival symbols, it must be good!!!

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22153
Pan's Labyrinth? What's it about? Have to look into it.

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10837
Pan's Labyrinth is about a little girl who is destined to be with her father, the king o fthe Under Realm. she is visited by a fairy, and led to a well that is in the middle of this mysterious labyrinth. meanwhile, her pregnant and sick mother is married to a psychopathic Captain in the Spanish Army, who is hellbent on preserving his family name. you'll see. Its awesome. the little girl out-acts a lot of established American actors for christ's sake. she is very talented.

and so was Visioneers!!!!! amazing performance by Zach Galifianakis!! this movie plays rather slow, or so you think, but it is all really about his transformation from this Zombie of a person, into a scared, vulnerable man that feels empty, yet is bursting with emotion he can't understand. the movie is a little weird to get your head around. they live in the "future" where one corporation is the most profitable, and people literally "explode" from too much stress. really good story, and the ride you take watching Zach is emotional to say the least. 5 Stars for making you think about a lot of different things.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4261
Regarding Pan's Labyrinth:

quote:

a movie that obliterates the distinction between reality and fantasy and carries us along in its powerful wake.

That sums it up prefectly. What an awesome f@$%ing movie. Honestly I want to watch it again now just talking about it. Paul I think you would love it. You like films that take the viewer on a journey, and my god what a journey you will embark on. A film class' DREAM. This movie is soooooo open to interpretation. I watched it in a film class a couple years ago and the discussion was never ending.

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10843
lets make love.

just u and i.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

ROFLMFAO

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10846
tonight on the roster is:

Awakenings - Robin Williams and Robert DeNiro (this movie really intrigues me, i have watched about 30 mins of it so i plan on finishing it.)

Surrogates

and Last but not least, The Hurt Locker.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22158
Awakenings is gooood. You watch 3 movies a night?

Wow.

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10849
no. lol

i finished Awakening and was too tired to start another movie, so i started watching Louis C.K. stand-up, so raunchy and hilarious!!!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4267
I watched The Warriors one night this week, a classic I had never seen. I liked it a lot. Cool flick!!

I've been on a "classics" binge lately. I want to be able to say I've seen virtually every film that is considered sort of a landmark in film history.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us