NIce weather were having.

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1150
76 degrees tommorrow i will be enjoying a cold beer with shorts and the fan on:-) just had to rub it in to you easterners who keep getting snow lol

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22122
Fagola you are. Deep snow I'm am I.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4257
You're just happy there's no snow to cover up all those beautiful lawns you're dying to mow.

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1151
lmfao pit!

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2986
lol Pit!

F*ck snow man I got about 2.5-3ft on my yard right now. It sucks! Im movin to Cali f*ck this.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3434
wtf.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16034
Florida is having a real unusual cold winter since Jan 1.....normal temp highs are usually 76 , but have been 58-62 almost daily...cold nites 32-40....Gulf water temps are 56-59 daily...been real breezy and more rain than usual too...Northern Florida even has had snow twice this year (very rare in decades)....no weather for beach, pools, or boating ...I have not needed to mow since Nov 1, cause nothing usually grows much in the winter months, especially this year where frost has killed many plants and grass in most all yards..and I'm in the warm part of Florida too, Southwest down by Fort Myers area.....baseball spring training starts soon in few weeks, should warm up by them...March always has some nice 90's warm , but not humid, days...

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FL

Post Number: 10815
we'll see, cuz i'm just not seeing an end to this sh1t.

where i live (90 min. north of Orlando) it was COLDER here than it was in Vancouver yesterday. wtf.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13440
LOL Pit

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22125
***Wishes he had a fireplace***

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13441
wishes my dish network installation was done today....i miss my tv

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1410
We had a small snow/rain mix down here yesterday which pretty much turned everything to ice by morning.

Busted my @ss 3 times this morning just going to my car.

I officially hate snow! (except when only an inch or two is expected and its a Friday night - cause i'm off during the weekend )

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22126
Minus the shoveling I generally love the snow as well. Food shopping is done, all the flashlights are charged, good supply of ice melt on hand, kerosene heater ready and the kids stoked. I love watching it come down.

But when you get 50" between 2 storms enough is enough lol.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5607
I was actually hot today and ran my AC in the car when I was in town.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1450
Another POS @##%^!#$%&*$#^& winter storm started here this morning. Started off with about 5 inches of snow in the morning which now turned to mixture of rain/snow. Its also expected to turn into complete snow again by evening.

Approx. 10 MORE inches of snow expected through tomorrow.

I am going to have to vote this as being the WORST winter ever so far in my life....

any1 else getting the white stuff?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22225
Last night I was expecting a monster. Just got about 2 inches overnight. Looking at the radar it LOOKS like it's almost over for me but they say it will gear up and still dump up to 12" through tomorrow. Still haven't seen the forecasted 40-50 mph winds yet either. It's actually quite calm.

They're calling this one a "snowicane"?

Haven't seen it yet.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1452
ya they are calling it a 'snowruicane'. I think its because it is cycling back on the weekend.

WTF is happening!?! lol

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22228
Snow is gradually picking up. Yesterday I filled up the kerosene heater and spare tanks, filled up on food and beer also lol.

It's not so much the snow but combined with the wind and the previous storms the trees and branches have already been weakened, not to mention they are naturally more brittle this time of year anyway. When the wind kicks up is when the power goes out.

This year will hold in the record books for a looooong time.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1456
so how much did you end up getting Paul?

Got hit with minimum 14 inches - and we are supposed to get a couple more by the next two days.

But its not cold at all - its actually close to 40 and things starting to melt.

This is the worst storm so far this season.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22249
I'd say we got a good 4-5 inches. NOTHING compared to what they predicted or anywhere near the last few storms. The wind wasn't even as bad as they expected. The roads are already just wet.

What threw all the forecasters off in snow accumulations was the 40+ degree days we've been having the week prior. The ground has been storing that heat. The snow didn't stick to anything pavement until the wee hours of the morning. By 10 am it was over anyway. We dodged this one.

Funny how the weather predicting industry today has millions of $$ worth of equipment, computers, satellites and such yet has about the same accuracy as they did in the 70's.

At noon yesterday they were predicting in my area 12-16 inches with the possibility of 24" in some areas! So naturally ppl here freaked and crammed the stores and gas stations. At only 3 pm they changed their tune to like 12" or less. At dinner time it was down to 3-5". It's a profession where you're still patted on the back when you're predictions are horribly wrong. They ALL cheer themselves when they're right but when crap like this happens they blame it on ever changing, unforeseeable "natural" conditions. What that tells me is when they're right, they're lucky, not good lol. I want that job.

Today my elderly neighbor cleared the snow off her driveway with a broom. I didn't even bother with it myself. Not worth putting on my shoes.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1457
lol. I wanna be a weatherman now.

Its like 1 weatherman sees another's forecast and decides to copy it - and so on.

I can't believe you only got 4-5 inches. Schools are closed here. I thought you guys down in Jersey ALWAYS get worse than we do.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22251
I don't know. It was a classic nor easter in the making. Moisture from the Atlantic hits the cold Canadian air and BAM. The moisture was there and as you know the Northern coastline got absolutely hammered with rain. NY city was just on the rain/snow line just like Newark was. But before the storm's rotation could bring it all down my way it sorta stalled until the fury was past us. My kids have had 2 weeks of school closings due to snow this year which puts them going into July.

THIS is why it's so frustrating in regards to forecasting Mother nature. One missed prediction and you're unleashing hell on millions of panicked people. There's a lot connected with kids missing school too. Parents have to take off work, townships (taxes) are paying OT for snow prep/salting, extended school year into the summer, ect. Not to mention local hardware stores have just raised their prices on shovels, salt and ice melt. Plus our mail gets suspended. The last storm suspended our trash and recycling for 7 days also. I mean the state just shuts down.

You think I'll get a credit on my quarterly bill for the week we had no service? Ha! Their employees are paid hourly so where does the money go then?

And this is Jersey. It doesn't take a 12" storm to scare everyone down here. 3" and my kids are home from school.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16024
where im from in the Caribbean its been high 90s & little to no rainfall since the yr started ...

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1458
Your absolutely right.

Wow.
Schools are usually opened here even with 8 inches of snow.

Rovin - ur lucky! Don't you miss winter or snow? Have you ever been blasted with snow?

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10891
FL has been in the 30's and 40's at night, and 50's and 60's during the day. RIDICULOUS

Last night in fact, it got down to 26 degrees. Thats probably the 10th time this year its got down that cold.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22254
26 degrees in FL???????

That's where ppl move to retire AWAY from the cold lol.

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10892
yeah tell me about it. I have never experienced (until this year) my car cranking up slowly because of how cold outside it was. lmao
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us