My PS3 Broke!!

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1752
I swear I have the worst luck with electronics. Last night my ps3 froze on me so I switched it off and when I turn it on now this screen pops up that says the HD's file system is corrupt and needs to be restored. So I hit OK and wait a few minutes and it pops up again, and just keeps doing it. I tried everything I could think of to fix it besides take it apart and it just does the same thing. I read a few websites that showed problems like the yellow light of death and sh!t like that, but none say anything about the problem that I'm having.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5517
You have a few options Mark. You could buy a laptop hard drive enclosure (around $20 shipped on newegg), plug it in via USB to a desktop, and do a System File Check on the drive. Windows will analyze the file structure and repair it without any loss of files (saved games). Or, you could take the HD out and put it in a laptop and do an SFC. Or, You might need this so that your comp recognizes the Seagate drive: http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/discwizard

And the third option, which you should try first, is this:

1.Turn on the ps3 and the little red light should turn on

2. Hold the power button until you hear three beaps, the system should turn off again and the little red light should appear again.

3. Hold the power button until you hear three beaps again, that should take you to recovery mode

4. Chose the setting that says Restore Playstation 3 System...

It will erase everything in your hard drive but your ps3 should be working again....the secret menu only works on ps3's that have firmware higher than 2.50

What generally causes this problem is the PS3 powered off during the 'write to disk' stage of game startup, which is easy to do if the factory default "Auto Start Game" setting is on in System Settings. Turn it off.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1753
Thanks man. I guess I just wasn't holding the power long enough. Lost everything but oh well, at least it still works. I've been thinking about getting a bigger HD for it anyways.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1754
Did I lose all my online info too though? I haven't tried it yet but It's telling me to sign up again. Plus I forgot my password.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12959
Brad to the rescue again. Brad ftw

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1313
Did you get your online info back?

what games do you have for ps3?

i just recently purchased a ps3 and got unchartered 2 - this game is amazing. From graphics all the way to gameplay lol.

I borrowed modern warfare 2 and this game's multiplayer is really addictive.

What other games should i get my hands on? i'm looking for metal gear solid 4 and maybe a racing game or two

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 188
Sorry to jump in here but i found a ps3 the other day,it didnt have the power cord or any controllers with it. Now when i hook it up using my cord from my other ps3 it turns on ok, but for some reason my controllers wont sync and my remote wont work for it either. Any thoughts on how i can see if this thing works? Any help would be great thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 189
Ok, i got the controllers working for it now. But when i put my games or movies in it, i get nothing. It just stays on the main menu like its not reading the game. Any thoughts on this? And is there a cheap or easy fix to it? Thanks guys any help would be great

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1756
I don't know how to get my online info back. My brother set up the account and he can't remember the password.

The games I have are GTA 4, Bioshock, GH Metallica, PURE, COD MW 1&2. I only play COD online, maybe Guitar Hero once in a while.

I've owned all the Metal Gear games besides 4. I love those kind of games (except for the one on NES, that one sucks).

As far as racing games, I downloaded the GT5 demo and I was not impressed at all. I also downloaded the Dirt series games demos and I thought they were pretty good. I love ATV and MX racing games so PURE was one of the first games I bought for it. I played the Pulse demo too and thought it was pretty good.

I played the Uncharted 1 demo. That game seems pretty cool.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1757
^I meant Reflex, not Pulse. Didn't know what I was thinking there.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1758
How do I get my online info back? I went to the Playstation Network website and typed in my email address and it said invalid email or some sh!t. My brother used my email address to set it up so I don't know why I can't get my password. I typed in my user name also and still nothing.

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1120
360ftmfw i sold my ps3 withing 5 days of having it..

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4259
julians mexican.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4262
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts