Ecoustics Fantasy Football League

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5307
.... needs four, or possibly 6, teams. If you want to be in the league you must at least:

Know us (us being Snow, Reece, Mark, Mike, Ehren and myself), have played FF before, promise not to flake out during the season.

Put your email here (with spaces) and I will choose from who posts. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3070
we need two more people! be more fun. 6 would be alright I guess.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2639
Its about time you started this thread Brad! Im in,well you better let me join!!!

bfreeman86 at hotmail dot com

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3930
I posted a link to this thread in the sub section so we can get things moving. Hopefully we can get 10-12 teams.

I'm pumped, had my first draft of the season yesterday for a money league...

1. (10) Chris Johnson RB
2. (15) Drew Brees QB
3. (34) Wes Welker WR
4. (39) Antonio Gates TE
5. (58) LenDale White RB
6. (63) Santonio Holmes WR
7. (82) Jonathan Stewart RB
8. (87) Laveranues Coles WR
9. (106) Cedric Benson RB
10. (111) Matt Cassel QB
11. (130) Chris Chambers WR
12. (135) Percy Harvin WR
13. (154) Leon Washington RB
14. (159) Carolina DEF
15. (178) Matt Prater K

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21010
I might be down if this is a free league this year. I usually play in our money league at work. Got laid off recently so........

wingmanalive @ yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

You choose to be ignor...

Post Number: 1424
im in if theres room. and i wont be picking brett favre as my qb this year

philip306 @ gmail.com

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3931
Just to reiterate for new players.

quote:

If you want to be in the league you must at least: ...have played FF before... promise not to flake out during the season

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11577
y2kmonkey33@aol.com

Please? Lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21015
^^^You have about 45 minutes yanks to edit your post. Put a space somewhere in your addy or you'll get spammed.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23493
paul that's a myth. there are no bots that will detect your email on forums and spam you. lol.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5308
OK -- Twiz, Paul, Phil and Yanks are in. That makes 10 teams. If we get two more worthy owners we may go to 12, but we are good to go right now either way.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21019

quote:

paul that's a myth. there are no bots that will detect your email on forums and spam you. lol.

I don't believe you.Upload

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5309

quote:

Yeah Chad, you go on thinking that. There are thousands of "spiders" online right now. Their only task is crawling forums, newsgroups, message boards and websites 24 hours a day. These emails are "harvested" into huge lists (of millions) and sold by the owner of the spider to various groups that are make money spamming email addresses.

Paul, I am pretty sure that is Yanks' spam address anyways, he doesn't care what goes to that account.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21020
Ok. I see the draft is next Monday. 8:30pm my time?

I don't want Brett and I don't want Vick. Short of that it's anyone's year lol.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3033
If you need someone else let me know.

Lowlife71480 @yahoo.com

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11578
Thanks for looking out Pauly but like Brad said, that's my spam account. I don't care who sends me stuff on there lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21031
I have a few email accounts myself. One for my knife business, one for here and my personal addy I've had for 10+ years.

All it takes though is ONE infiltration and you get SLAMMED! It's like an open wound in a pool of sharks.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3078
wtf why is yanks in it. he didnt even pay attention to his baseball team.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11585
Lmao football and baseball are different Snow. If you don't want me in, tell Brad.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21039
Guys I have a problem with the draft. My DSL has been out all weekend and I'm being told a technician won't be able to come out till sometime this week. I'm currently piggybacking off someone else's wireless network in my neighborhood on my laptop. It's been in and out and NOT reliable. I'm pissed cause this weekend was going to be a hot one for my tent rentals but I can't access my email regularly to set anything up.
My Ebay and knife store sales have been neglected and I can't keep up with all my CL ads that I've been planting. I've lost $100s off this "technical" glitch and getting Verizon to care is like pulling teeth. I can't expect the network connection I have now to be reliable tomorrow at 8:30pm EST as all my neighbors are old folk who turn all their chit off early. I leave my modem on 24/7. Not everybody does though.
Can someone stand in for me in the draft? I know I'll be taking a hit but I'm not tanking on the league, just won't be here for the draft.

For the brave soul who can/does I'll send ya a knife or two for the help.

Email me and I'll send you my screen name and password as I'm hoping to be at my folks tomorrow at a BBQ and can use their internet to send it to you.

Thanks guys.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5313
Nobody can draft for you -- but what will happen is, your "player rankings" will take over and that will determine who you draft. and when. The computer will fill your team up position by position and sometimes will make better choices than us humans in the long run. Click "Rank your players" on the main league page to edit.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3936
Being at the draft is ideal, but I agree with Brad, as long as you take time to do your pre-rankings for at least like the top 100-150, then the team will have your stamp on it so it's fine.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5314
Draft is tonight at 5:30PST/8:30EST. Get there 15-20 early to check your system, go over your picks, and talk smack in chat. See ya there.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3095
cant wait til this weekend.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21080
Man did I get hosed.

Jake Delhomme sh1t the bed. -3 points. Ouch.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2652
Whoever BLNT 420 is,is gonna lose! :-)

Sure you're winning now but my Giants are just now starting the 2nd half and I still have Peyton playing tomorrow. As of now I only need 26 more points to catch up with you. Hopefully between the Giants and Peyton I can get that!

Good luck to me! lol

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21114
It's up in the air for me. I'm down 30+ with three playing tomorrow. It's MUCH closer than last week for me but will probably tank as well. I have to make some moves.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2658
I just looked at your line up Paul,its not lookin too good :-(

Good luck though!

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11602
My team is weak......oh wait.

:-)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21115
"I just looked at your line up Paul,its not lookin too good".

I know. It's what I have to deal with. I'm trying as I can with the time I have...........

I have......alot going on with my life right now.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3126
stfu Yanks. You get lucky.

Trade me for AP.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3127
Or anyone want to trade for T.O.? Send me offers.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3948
Offer sent now go accept.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3130
sike!

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11604
You make your own luck

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2692
"My team is weak......oh wait."

Why yes it is Yanks

Damn I wish I was in first place...........oh wait

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21302
I don't know how but I'm up by almost 25 and I have Chester Taylor tonight. Phildo's D1ldos has 4 playing tonight though.

I had 4 players with a bye.

Thank God for Antonio Gates.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2832
Oh sh*t!!! Peyton is on a bye week next week!! WTF am I gonna do?

I NEED A QB ASAP!!!!!!

Someone help me out yo!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21369
Hardy har har.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3971
Offer sent.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2837
Im thinking about it Pit. I dont know if I wanna give up TJ though lol. Did you see his numbers last week? Im a Bengals fan and even though TJ doesnt play for them anymore I still like having him on my roster. I already have Carson,Chad, and Cedric. Im really gonna be f*cked when the Bengals have a bye lol. Give me a couple more days to see if Matthew Stafford is going to be playing Sunday,hes my back-up QB but it says he is still questionable for Sunday.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3974
Cool. I don't blame you for wanting to keep TJ, he's one of the most consistent route runners in the NFL, good hands, good speed. Total package.

Like I said you have several guys I'd be interested in so feel free to counter offer.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2858
Ok Pit so my backup QB is not going to be playing Sunday. Now I REALLY need a QB. Who do you want for your QB besides TJ lol.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2860
Sorry Pit I WILL NOT give up my Giants D lol.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2863
Scratch all trades. Im gonna just take my chances with the back up QB I have now,Daunte Culpepper, he will be taking Matthew Stafford's place this Sunday.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3985
That's what you should've done in the first place in my opinion. Good luck.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21454
Looks like we will have a 200+ point total this week. Wow, and holy crap!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4000
Johnboi has the best team.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21512
And he's the only guy I beat? How is that possible lol?

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2913
Good thing I dont play him again. But I did beat him the one time I did play him :-)

I guess Ill see him in the playoffs :-)

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4001
Head to head fantasy football leagues are kind of a crap shoot. Hell, fantasy football in general is kind of a crap shoot.

Johnboi was beating all of us in overall points going into this week, and depending on what happens tonight, he's going to extend his lead on all or most of us this week.

Peterson/Jones & Jackson/Moss is gonna be a pretty tough RB/WR core to deal with.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11645
Thanks Pit :-)

I'm pretty pleased with my team right now but I'm in the process of making some trades I hope. I got at least one QB I'm trying to dump (take your pick), CHI Defense, and hell maybe even one of my RBs. Send some trades me way fellas. Pauly, take a look at the trade I sent you.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11646
Btw, I dunno how I lost to Paul and Twiz lmao. No offense fellas lol. I should be 4-2 but that trade with Loudon going through last Saturday kind of screwed me over since I couldn't put Breaston in the game and had 2 0's but still put up 210+....FML lol.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4004
Paul, you should really make a few moves buddy. I won't get into specifics unless you want me to, and everyone thinks it's okay, but you could make a few easy changes to improve your squad.

I play Paul next weekend, so I'm not trying to be unfair here. Just want the league to be balanced.

Also, if anyone knows Phil personally, please call his blackass and tell him to sit at the computer for 5 f@#$ing minutes each saturday, it's not that difficult. This week he played Hasselback on a bye week, Trent Edwards who was benched for Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Jerious Norwood who has 13 total fantasy points this year instead of Vernon Davis who has 85. Pay attention.

To Phil:

quote:

promise not to flake out during the season.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

If youre going to give...

Post Number: 1463
how am i flaking out there big shot?
i have a trade currently pending ALL my players except davis had byes this week. should have played davis this week you're right.
Im sooo sorry i made some mistakes in fantasy football. ill be sure to dedicate the next week of my life to getting better.

btw im not actually black ya dogfucker

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3261
lmao.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2923
ROFL Phil!! Pit got pwnd lol.

Upload

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11648
Wait.......you're not black Phil?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4006
Starting two guaranteed 0 scores at QB sure looks flaky to me... if that was a conscious decision, that's even scarier lmao. For most people it only takes a few minutes, but if you need to dedicate an entire week of your life to FF in order to have a player starting in each slot, we appreciate the devotion.

In all seriousness though Phil, I saw your lineup for this week, and then saw that your overall point total is kind of low, and I assumed that maybe you hadn't been managing your team. If that isn't the case, I apologize. No hard feelings I hope. I accept that I am a dogfucker

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5388
Total domination:

http://i33.tinypic.com/df9elt.jpg

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4007
Holy s#$% Brad. How many people are in that league? I thought the ecoustics league had huge rosters, but I've never been in a league with that many IDPs. Looks like fun, but talk about high maintenance!

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5390
Yeah, well.... the guy who is admin is an old buddy of mine -- we started a very successful website together. When he saw that they expanded the IDP position options he chose to "take one of each". He is a super nice guy and is suffering from Crohns disease, so none of us said anything. It is hellish every week having to deal with byes and drop superstar IDP's, but there is sort of an unspoken rule in this league to avoid picking up bye week superstars that were waived by other teams. I kind of wanted to do that same thing here at E but I forgot. There are eight teams, same as here.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11649
PAUL, check your team. I sent a trade proposal.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21523
Got it. Waiting on you now I guess lol.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2928
Anyone want my Giants Def? I need 1 or 2 good w/r/t,doesnt really matter which one just someone good. Hit me up with some trade offers!

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2939
Someone trade me a RB for my Giants DEF please!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4032
You waited too long Twiz... The Giants' D isn't what they were projected to be. If you're expecting to get a legit RB at this point, I don't think you're going to.

I'm not really interested, but even if I was, I'd only be willing to trade a flex back or something, not a must-start RB. Sorry.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4033
Besides if you want to deal the Giants' D so bad, make someone an offer. You're advertising something you don't want, and expecting to get great offers? If ANY offers?

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2940
I never said I wanted a GREAT offer,just a decent RB/WR. Ive looked at some teams in our league and my Giants D is better than a lot of the ones people are starting. Whoever NYFOOTBALLGIANTS is only has one DEF,the Jets,and they are on a bye this week so I think it would be a good trade for me AND him. If you're not interested thats cool but theres no reason to be a d*ck about it. Maybe you should grab the Giants def so you actually have a chance against me when we play next week

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4034
Maybe I will grab the Giants D after you realize they have no trade value and drop them

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21564
It's a $#!@ing game gents lol.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2943
I know Paul. Pit is the one who got his panties stuck in his twat about it! I was just simply asking if anyone would wanna trade but damn I guess thats wrong of me. My bad,I suck at life. Im gonna go kill my self now :-(

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4035

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2954

Nothing wrong with a little smack talk.

Good luck!

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3302
I'm going to lose this week. Would take a miracle.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4041
Jason Witten is going to explode this week.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5405
I don't think I have ever seen anyone trade a team DEF in all my years playing fantasy. The best defense out there vs. New Orleans or New England is about the same as the worst defense playing St. Louis or Cleveland. It's all in the matchups. And the Giants just got lit up by both N.O. and Philly for 40+.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4044
I agree, it's all about the matchups. Every year in every league people will overdraft Team DEF, IDPs, and Kickers. Team DEF is somewhat understandable, although I still think the top projections go way too high.

Kickers and IDPs should be drafted with your last picks, period. I know experienced fantasy players (some of you guys maybe) who still disagree with me on this, and it's insane to me.

In the ecoustics league, most teams drafted kickers in the 13th or 14th round which is nuts. The difference between those guys, and the guys you could draft in the final round, or even that go undrafted, is minuscule. Those picks IMO are much better used looking for sleepers. Look at some of the players that were drafted later than those kickers... Percy Harvin, Devin Hester, Rashard Mendenhall, Ricky Williams, Miles Austin... and that's just to name a few. Those guys are having wayyyyy bigger impact than any kicker. The best fantasy kicker so far this year, wasn't even drafted.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4049
I really don't like outscoring the entire league EXCEPT for the one team I'm playing... head to head FTL, sometimes.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11674
Don't complain until you lose 215 to 211.50

Yea, I lost to Loudon WITH an empty slot in my lineup

FML
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us