NCAA National Championship

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2477
This is the 3rd year ive started this thread, i love it lol. its super early but i cant wait for college football to start.
im ready to argue with reece all year. sadly he got the best of me at the very end. i think theres a very good chance OU and Florida could meet again in Pasadena. But Ohio State will go undefeated in the Big 10(more than likely). I dont see USC being a major power this year, they will lose 3 games, i think. Florida is going to be stacked. which is bad for the rest of country.
OU is also stacked, except for our O-line. which could be a problem.
Super Early Pre-Season Top 5
1. Florida
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State
5. Ole Miss

anyone else?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2479
Is no one as excited as me?

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3831
Florida vs. Texas

That is all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2480
itll be Florida vs. Tex/Okla/Ohio State

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3832
You sound like Reece!

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 6349
Florida is going back to back. Tebow wins the Heisman.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2482
Your probably correct about the title, but I think McCoy will win the heisman. Especially if he has the same kind of year.
The 3 from last year will be finalist as will Terrell Pryor.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3835
Tebow's probably got a better shot than Colt at the heisman this year. But Colt is a FARRRR better quarterback.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6352
How is Colt the better QB? People get lost when talking about the quarterback poisition. For one, Tebow can make all the throws, he's just not asked to nearly as often as most other QBs because he has incredible weapons at his disposal in Florida's offense. Look at his passing attempts last year compared to Bradford's and McCoy's, then look at the numbers he had. With the same pass attempts his 'projected' numbers would be in line with ANY QB in the nation. Not to mention he is a human wrecking ball with the heart of a lion. Just because YOU aren't convinced of his passing ability doesn't make him any worse than Colt McCoy. If you honestly think McCoy will have a better NFL career then I am shocked. He's too small, and will have harder time adjusting to the league because of his stature than Tebow will learning a new offense (one that he is already working on this year with new QB's coach, Scot Loeffler, who was also Tom Brady's position coach in college). Just wait until this season and we will see who is the best quarterback is. It should be a fun year!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2483
Its gonna be a great year. Im pretty excited. OU's D killed the spring game.
Im excited for OU/Tex this year, its gonna be intense with alot of emotion.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3836

quote:

If you honestly think McCoy will have a better NFL career then I am shocked. He's too small, and will have harder time adjusting to the league because of his stature

Lol. Don't be shocked. I do think he'll have a much better career as a quarterback in the NFL. I don't think Tebow will even keep a steady job as an NFL QB, like most other college QB prospects that struggle as POCKET PASSERS. His toughness and "heart of a lion", could make him very successful in the NFL at a couple other positions, RB? FB? TE? Who knows.

And since when is 6'3" too small to play QB in the NFL...? LMAO. Maybe you've never watched QB's like Steve Young... Drew Brees... Jeff Garcia... all VERY successful NFL QB's at about 6'0", if that.

IMO Tebow's lack of passing attempts are a godsend for his numbers. That system is perfect for him, if he had the same number of attempts as a mccoy or bradford, you'd see much less efficiency I believe. The fact that the defense doesn't count on him passing that much works to his advantage. If he were to end up in the perfect NFL system for his style (i.e. big ben with the steelers), he could probably play QB long term.

Tebow's a good guy, if he proves me wrong about his NFL passing potential, good for him. If he doesn't, I'll be happy that some of his fans might chill the fu<k out. He has been crowned in ways that are just laughable to me. Particularly his goofyass speech, which was mostly typical sports-world hyperbole, "we're gonna play with so much heart, we're gonna work so hard, blah blah blah". The speech that totally won them a national title!! A title that wasn't won because they were obviously the best team on paper... a title that wasn't won because their offensive/defensive lines toss around opponents like rag dolls... And then like the day after they win the title they carve his fu<kin speech into solid diamond at the top of mount florida or w/e the hellfuck they did. It's just ridiculous, over-glorification to me.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3837
/quote{Is no one as excited as me?}

Don't worry Frase Cheeman, considering the direction this is already going, this is pretty much a lock to be a multi-page thread :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6353
Check Tebow's Heisman numbers where he DID attempt more passes. Stop ranting because you don't like the Gators, and just accept their dominance.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3838

quote:

Stop ranting because you don't like the Gators, and just accept their dominance.

Lol when have I denied their dominance? I believe I said throughout last season that they'd win the ship, and when the matchup was set I reiterated that Florida was going to sh!t on Oklahomo.

I don't dislike the Gators, I dislike the way that fans like YOU (:-)) act like 12 year old girls at a Jonas brothers concert at the mere mention of Tim Tebow's name. Keep it in your pants for christ sake.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6354
You think I act like that because I defend him when you trash him on the message board. In fact, you trash talk him so much I think he's on your mind, rather than mine. I think he's a phenomenal football player and and even better person, but I don't look his stats up everyday or search for Tebow news on the web. I honestly just want the guy to keep winning games and being a genuinely good dude. I think you have a very misconstrued image of what kind of person I am. Of course, I'm going to defend someone you dog on that plays for Florida, but I would defend any other player just the same.

The things I write on this message board strictly pertain to the topic at hand. Just because I write about the guy in a thread doesn't mean I think twice about him outside of when I'm debating "how overrated he is" with you.

The only reason I said what I said in my last post was just to be polite and end the discussion jokingly, but then you had to put in a personal stab. Do me a favor and just don't comment on my actions outside of this message board, because you don't know anything about my personal life. Have I ever chilled with you? Have I ever even so much as actually spoken to you? See my point? I just don't really appreciate it, and don't feel that it's necessary. It would be like me saying, I dislike the way that fans like you () talk sh1t about Tebow just because you don't like him.

Regardless, If you can't see something special about the dude then you need your eyes checked, man. I'm not even talking about on the field. He is a great person. Sorry that I admire his moral fiber and Christian values. As for acting like a 12 year old girl at a Jonas Brothers concert, whatever, man. I hope you understand my position a little bit better now.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3840
Dude... I made a blatantly RIDICULOUS joke... unless that coincidentally really did apply to your personal life, and even then it would be by mistake. How you took that as a "personal stab" is beyond me. I don't even know enough about you personally to stab at it... like you said.

You asking me to do you a favor in what I comment on in posts because it upsets or offends you, is like a KKK member asking not to be called a redneck as he throws out racial slurs.

Reece, certainly if you're gonna call people idiots and insult their intelligence when debating (i.e. last years ncaa football thread), and then claim they shouldn't be offended cause you're just havin a good time or whatever, you can't POSSIBLY get defensive now, after such a silly non-personal joke.

I expect at some point you'll start telling me or other posters how dumb our arguments are and that we don't know jack, so you should expect me to joke about you popping b0ners at the thought of Tebow.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3841
Chase I still think USC will be in the picture. They lost a bunch of sick players but they had a bit of depth too. Taylor Mays is just a beast I can't wait to see him start laying people out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6355
I won't be personally stabbing at anyone this year. I'll just be putting in my two cents, and you can do with that what you want. The point I was making is that the only reasons you hate on Tebow are, one, because you don't like him, and, two, because I am a fan of his. So, keep making jokes, I'll laugh all the way to back-to-back National Championship!

By the way, me calling you an idiot because you make a ridiculous point (generally just to get under my skin) just because you don't like the guy is not the same as making claims that I pop b0ners every time I hear Tebow's name. I am simply commenting on your statements written on this board when I call you an idiot. It won't happen again, though, as I realize everyone was offended last year. So give me the same respect, and don't comment on things you don't know. Especially when you are stereotyping a whole group of people, and telling me you pretty much hate me. Just tone it down, man. We're just talking about football.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6356
http://www.secstats.blogspot.com/

Just sayin...

Silver Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 113
I dont know I just kinda skimmed through this thread but I saw nothing about Tennessee Vols man I think they are gonna make some noise in the NCAA this year, just look at there coaching staff.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6357
I go to the University of Tennessee and I'm pretty good friends with quite a few players. They should be good on defense, but they just cut their second best DB, they're adjusting to a new defensive scheme, and their offense will still be anemic, not matter what freshman are coming in this fall. They have no quarterback and BJ Coleman, probably their best hope, just transferred. Kiffin has let 9 players go already, and seems to be just clearing house for his own players. I can't see things going incredibly well at UT this year. Most people around here would be shocked if they won more than 7 or 8 games.

Silver Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 115
Wow well thanks for the update haha I wasn't aware of all that so scratch my last comment, I'll re-post it in about lets say 3 years.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3843
Eric Berry is a mother f@#$in BEAAASSSSSTTTT. He and Taylor Mays are probably the two players in all of college football I'm looking forward to watching most this season.

Reece I don't hate you at all, I like you just fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6359
Berry is the truth. Best safety in college football.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2484
I agree, Berry is an absolute freakkk. but so is taylor mays.

Im ready for September!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6360
Mays is huge, but he doesn't have an all-around game like Berry. I mean 7 picks and 4 of them for TDs last year!! He's unbelievable.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6361
Yeah, right after I posted that I saw this on Facebook:

Upload

No lie!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2485
dude its gettin closer.

you think Snead can lead the Rebels to the title Game?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5134
Notre Dame yo

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3856
Someone should tell Brad that Peyton has been posting under his name lol^^^^^

Gold Member

Post Number: 6364
snead could, but i dunno if he will.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2486
I think he will.

Idk if they can handle all the pressure thats being put on them this year tho.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6365
Alabama has a better program with better players and a better coach, so we'll see. If they are able to find a QB who is even decent, I think they will make their way to the SECCG again. LSU is also someone who could be a surprise. They had a great recruiting class, and, as big of a tool as he is, Less Miles (yes, I meant to put two 'S's) could have a great team.

Obviously, I feel that Florida overmatches most of their opponents this year, especially in the SEC East. Not saying there won't be competition, but Florida is better than anyone in the country on paper.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2494
lotta trash talkin goin on.. cant wait

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23428
i love these threads. reece and pit just make the thread that much better.

usc is irrelevant this year. no mark sanchez. that's too bad too cause he would of been the heisman winner this year.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3927

quote:

i love these threads. reece and pit just make the thread that much better.

That's how we do. SAY SOMETHIN!

quote:

usc is irrelevant this year. no mark sanchez. that's too bad too cause he would of been the heisman winner this year.

I categorically disagree with both opinions. I don't think USC will be irrelevant. I think their defense will still be one of the best. Taylor Mays throws the planets out of alignment when he hits people.

And the offense isn't stacked enough for Sanchez to win a heisman. Plus, Tebow and Bradford MIGHT be interested in adding another heisman to their collection.

Personally, I'm rooting for Colt to win it this year. His name is "Colt McCoy". A person with a name like that has to be either one of the best quick draw shooters in the wild west, or a sick quarterback.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2495
im excited. 6 days away.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3938
Can you hear that? It's the sound of Chase's heart breaking.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2496
i really cant believe that happened, hopefully we can bounce back, it will help once we are back to full strength, with bradford and gresham back. I am just in shock, Stoops was on the local news last night, and he was super not happy with the O-Line, they flat out sucked hardcore. Not good.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23500
usc was superb.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2497
Gresham is out for the season.

we will be lucky if we can rebound..

Gold Member