Anyone know much about body lifts?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3121
I want to lift my 00 cherokee xj like 3 inches and throw some 31x10.5s on it. I'm really going for mostly appearance, but also some trail riding and i work construction a little in the summers.

i was looking at 3.5" rubicon express lifts, but my cousin told me i could save some dough if i just do a "body lift". a friend told me i couldn't do a body lift on my jeep bc its a unibody, but my cousins scrambler is a unibody and has a body lift?

basically, can someone tell me if i can give my jeep a body lift and what it would entail (what i would need to order, etc.)

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3279
You can do a body lift but they are a PITA and look tack IMO. Check quadratec and they should have packages. By doing a body lift your frame still sits at stock height and if you do a 3" one your bumper will be 3" lower than the bottom of your lift gate, unless you fab a piece to raise your bumper too. I helped instal one on a ford ranger and would never do it to my truck. Why not do 2" spacers and you could do 31's with some trimming if youre looking to go the cheaper route

Gold Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 1140
body lifts FTL

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6461
dont do it. they look like sh;t on most things. just get a 4" suspension lift and some 33s. 4wheelparts.com usually has halfway decent price on kits.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us