Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 2976
http://www.wimp.com/gametime/

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 146
Wow, just wow.

The thing that bothers me about the guitar hero/rock band games is that if the people who played them put all of that time into a REAL instrument they might actually be pretty damn good.

Just my .02

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3592
"The thing that bothers me about the guitar hero/rock band games is that if the people who played them put all of that time into a REAL instrument they might actually be pretty damn good."

I hear so many people say that. I couldn't disagree more. The complexity of playing a real instrument is on a whole different level. Play guitar hero for a few hours, you'll start to get pretty good at it. Play a real guitar for a few hours, you'll be frustrated as hell and will have not even scratched the surface.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 147
^^^I agree. Sorry, didn't mean to come across as an azz.

What I was getting at is not the casual just for fun player of the game but the ones who pour hours upon hours into it. What comes to mind is a couple of close friends of mine. They both play between 4-6 days a week anywhere from 2-4 hours per day. It seems like they have done this since the first Guitar Hero came out.

What if the Jimi Hendrixs, Kirk Hammetts and Jimmy Pages of our time never pursue playing a real instrument in favor of just the game because it seems more fun than struggling with the real thing?

^^^That's mainly what im getting at.

Again, not tryin' to be an azz or sound like a douche.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4823
People throughout time have felt the need to pretend and mimic the skills that others possess. Rappers pretending to be actual musicians and DJ's thinking that they have talent, are two examples. Rock Band and Guitar Hero are two more.

Just remember... we aren't decendants of the fat and slow cavemen that got eaten by the dinosaurs.

We are descendants of the quick little fückers that made it back to the cave.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8948
"Just remember... we aren't decendants of the fat and slow cavemen that got eaten by the dinosaurs.

We are descendants of the quick little fückers that made it back to the cave."

WORD! It's a shame that the majority of us are fat and out of shape though. I've been there personally when I was 5' 7'' and 180 pounds at age 13-14 but at least I was still able to bench my own weight back then.

You still packing it on Brad?

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 10052
mmmmmmcinnamonrolls.....

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19170
I was always told those who can't do, teach.

Three kinds of ppl in this world. Those who:

Make things happen

Watch things happen

Wonder what happened

Step back and think what category you fall under.

Gold Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 1131
I always heard it as

Those that get Phucked
Those that do the Phucking
Then the Ones that Phuck the Phuckers

Step back and think what category you fall under.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19172
^^^That's not life. More like politics.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3349
"Rappers pretending to be actual musicians and DJ's thinking that they have talent, are two examples."

Roflmao, very well put Brad.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10071
the VAST majority of rappers have absolutely no musical talent....but every now and then....one rapper out of his 1238203821093 albums will have a song that makes you think....hmmmm interesting, or perhaps bewilders you with his wordplay...but other than that...its all gahbage with the sawce poured on it.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10767
Thieves, are you really rolling on the floor laughing your azz off?

Awesome video btw.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3350
Yanky doodle, I wasn't quite on the floor, but was definitely having trouble containing myself.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10768
Lol. Just checking man.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19176
Rap is rap. I'm not going to dis a music genre. It is one now you know.

What bugs me about SOME rap is how they claim to be "professional" musicians and performers now.

Rappers don't play instruments or are expected to carry a tune. I'm sorry. They don't.

Years ago MTV did a thing called unplugged. It showed exactly the kind of talent people had without the help of soundtracks in the background.

Don't hate me for saying it.....

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

Olney, IL US

Post Number: 978
Unplugged FTW!

The Nirvana Unplugged album is one of my favorites of all time.

On a side note, has anyone heard when jayz tried to sing wonderwall by oasis? it just blows you away how musically untalented some of those guys are. i will say that lyrically, there are some out there that are brilliant, but musically well.. not so much.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

Olney, IL US

Post Number: 979
also has anyone noticed how the off topic posts get off topic from the topic that was already off topic? not complaining, just noticing lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19180
LOL. Yeah it does spin a little.

Then again it is OT.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8957
By the way welcome to marketing. That's a viral advertisement for those of you that weren't aware.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 2982
Rapping I dont see as a talent. Anyone can sit down and write a bunch of words that rhyme but I do think free styling is a talent. Ive seen a few guys do it and it amazes me how they can come up with insults about someone standing in front of them and put it to a beat and have it flow so smoothly.

I dont even think I could free style about how good a bacon cheese burger is from burger king

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4841
I keep hearing Lupe Fiasco is all great... are you kidding me? It's almost embarrasing all the lights and glitter they put around this fool to make him look like he is doing something. Then he gets some guy to sing the chorus and intro and even that guy sounds pitchy. I seriously don't know how anyone could listen to it twice. I had a pretty rough time making it through once. Absolute and utter talentless shite.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10081
i think i just threw up a little in my mouth

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19201
Not a fan. Not a listener.

Don't know why but lately I've been preferring country music. A part of me always liked country music but I never let myself listen to it. Now that I have there's some fun stuff out there.

Not to mention some of the chicks involved are hot as the sun.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4842
You mean like Lila

Was a pleasure staring at her ass for six months, I'll tell ya. The first video I ever played on:

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19203
Nice.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3356
did you opkay the drums on that vid brad?

she sin't too bad, the song was inda repetivitivfe, but is wasn't bad.

sorry if you can't read this, iim a lil bit drunkright meow.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1543
are you a studio drummer brad?

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4845
Yes to both.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1546
thats sweet - i started playing drums in like the 4th grade, but havent even touched a set in a couple of years

i want to save up for a nice kit, i just have money going too many other places at the moment

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 2989
who else have you played with brad?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19243
Well let's just stop and think about all the lovely girls we've seen Brad................

Oh you mean worked with.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3608
"Well let's just stop and think about all the lovely girls we've seen Brad................ "

Ohhhhh Vanessa *droooooool*

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4874

quote:

who else have you played with brad?

In the last few years: Patty Loveless, Strike Force, Melissa Manchester, Kris Kristofferson, Fall Out Boy, Manta, Headtrip Superstar, and Juice Newton + a hundred or so regional/newly signed bands that I did drums, guitar tracking or production for. I also help bands prepare their live show, which I did for Paramore early this year.

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 2993
I remembered Paramore... Is this all you do for a living or do you have a "real job"?

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4877
Off and on I have a "real job". I get easily bored sitting around, so right now I am working as a design engineer for a medical device company. I love the crew I work with, to make things, and I feel like I am helping people instead of my usual full-court hampering lifestyle.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us