Nvidia Graphic cards?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1529
ok i been out of the graphic card scene for a while i haven't bought one in 5 years. i just built my new rig and i'll be posting pics son, for those following heres how the build went.

Antec 900 case

Amd Phenom 9950 Blck Edition

Thermaltake Black Widow Edition 850 watt power supply

Gskill 1066 ddr 2 gaming ram "thanks for the suggestion brad"

1000 gig Seagate sata harddrive

Asus M3a78 - T Mother Board with on board ATi Radeon 3300 HD

1 Hp Dvd burner from my old pc
1 Hp LG DvD burner With Light Scribe form old Pc

A internal Hp Memory Card reader from old Pc

hp Photosmart C4599 Black limited edition wireless printer.

that pretty much wraps up the build, i went with XP for now due to the driver fiasco i'm dealing with, my hd 3300 ati card is nothing but a headache which my last ati card was pretty much to. at this point i'm taking a trip to Nvidia , they really haven't ever failed me. i have all the latest pci and so on graphic ports on the mobo so i'm thinking 512mb should suffice for what i want to do which is run roller coaster tycoon 3 at maximum overkill. so my budget for the card is like 100 - 120 and i want it to be a Nvidia Chipset, one last catch, i want it form best buy due to the discount so prob figure since the discount 150 - 160 is the budget. thanks for the help guys.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1530
i forgot to add, Hdmi out, if possible.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8932
With that kind of budget you can't get a good card at Best Buy. I was going to recommend getting a 9800GT(really just an 8800 with a re-name) but they sell for $200 at Best Buy, that's what they were ripping people off for when I went there and had a look a week ago. Order online, it's a much better idea and get something from BFG or EVGA so you can take full advantage of their "Step up" program if you ever need to. PS, the two top tier cards that I owned from Nvidia both took craps on me which is why I'm not a big fan of them. I may actually get one sometime soon though. I'm still waiting since new cards are being dropped soon supposedly.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4806
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102770

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2130
My EVGA 9800GTX's have been troopers.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4711
I have 2 8800 gts in sli run great

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8935
Lol, how's the scaling working out for you Charlie? SLI basically for noobs at the moment, a good comparison is a capacitor in the car audio world. The gains while running in SLI are uber fail and unless you're going for bench records don't even bother. 8800GTS also are the same as 9800GTXs with performance being a bit better on the 9800s. The 9800 is just a rename of the 8800, noobs get owned because they think the higher number means it's that much better. Nvidia's marketing is awesome that's for sure. When running in SLI you get what I believe is a max boost in FPS of 30percent and that's being generous, I've seen way less increases in performance when going from a single card to an SLI setup.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1532
i picked up this one for like 120 today, i figured it was decent. i got 30 days to return it if i dont like it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=8719041&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4721
i dont know rob they run pretty great for me i can run crysis to the max and no issue wat so ever so i dont mind lol.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8950
"i dont know rob they run pretty great for me i can run crysis to the max and no issue wat so ever so i dont mind lol."

LOL, there's no setup that can run Crysis to the max with great frame rates. The fact that you think your 8800 GTs can run it maxed is a huge joke. People with tri SLI'ed 280 setups can't even max Crysis with great FPS so you need to tone it down about your 8800s =/ Do you want to see benchmarks? I highly doubt you're pulling good FPS with a maxed resolution, actually I don't doubt it, I know it's not true. Like I said 3 280s don't even max Crysis with great performance. All the GPU power that's available will cause you to bottleneck at the CPU which in turn makes all the GPU power near pointless to have.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4723
ive def maxed it b4 and never had a prob so idk i dont rlly care to b honest lol im happy with it

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8951
What resolution are you playing? No matter what resolution you're playing at you still can't possibly max that game out and get DECENT performance.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8952
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2007/11/30/rv670_amd_ati_radeon_hd_3870/11

As you can see there 2 8800GTS in SLI only pulled 29.3 FPS on average with a minimum of 20FPS. That's not even maxed. That's with anti aliasing turned off and anti strophic filtering off. With AA and AF maxed you'd definitely be getting 12FPS if you're lucky. Now tell me again that you maxed the game and it played great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us