So who is watching the Olympics???

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17772
I have been watching Michael Phelps who just received his 9th gold medal.

"BEIJING (AP)--Michael Phelps won his third gold medal and record-tying ninth of his career Tuesday, breaking his own world record in the 200-meter freestyle at the Beijing Olympics.

The American finished in 1 minute, 42.96 seconds, lowering his old mark of 1:43.86 set at last year's world championships in Australia.

He cruised to the wall nearly 2 seconds ahead of silver medalist Park Tae-hwan of South Korea, who finished in 1:44.85. Peter Vanderkaay of the United States earned the bronze in 1:45.14.

Phelps' ninth gold medal tied him with four others, including Mark Spitz and track star Carl Lewis, for most career golds.

He is 3-for-3 in his attempt to break Spitz's 36-year-old record of seven golds in a single games.
"

Go USA.Upload

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8549
Not me, for some reason I don't find them too entertaining. I think the last time I watched them I was like 10 years old.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17773
I've always loved watching the winter sports myself. Ski jumping, luge, ice hockey, ect....

Still though when an American sets mega records it's fun to watch, (as an American) anyway.

Did anyone see the opening ceremony?

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2319
ive been glued to the tv since theyve been on. i like it all. im a sports nut in general the only thing i cant really watch is cycling. eh.. not to exciting. i have a timer set on my dvr so i can watch it when im not home or sleep.. whatever, im totally eaten up with it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17774
I love it myself. Have since childhood. It's the ultimate rush when it comes to winning.

Think about it. It's worldwide!!!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10181
Watching the what?

Seriously though, I watch some events but can't say I watch it like I do for baseball or football. I'm glad to see Phelps succeeding so far. I watch it for the patriotism if nothing else

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14098
hmmm i agree with what Rob posted - kinda like me

anyway im not really a sports guy ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17775
I like watching it.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14125
still not watching it but have heard my little country of Trinidad & Tobago has so far copped 2 silver medals in (i think)men's 100m & 100x4 relay ...

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 82
anyone watch the BB ball game this morning? USA played like sh1t but still won. if they would fo converted more on 'fast break" points they would of won by 15 easy.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6354
i watch it usually for an hour in the mornings whatever it is. its just cool to see people playing and relize wow these are some of the best in the world

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3469
I actually love the fact that they showcase some of the less popular sports. Things like volleyball and badminton just as examples, are sports in which the athletes don't get nearly enough credit for what they do. The track & field stuff is interesting as well.

But while I want to respect and admire all these olympic athletes, I must admit the power walking thing strikes me as downright silly. Sorry.

What's next? Rock-Paper-Scissors?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us