Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through November 23, 2008Chase Freeman100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6217
Chase, man. Tech has a system QB and a great receiver. What else do they have? A huge offensive line that is slow! They got exposed. I'm not saying Oklahoma isn't a good team or that their victory wasn't impressive. It was very impressive, but I just think it came down to matchups and Tech was outmatched against a team who defensively isn't ranked in the top 50. That's sad. If their offense was so special then scoring shouldn't have been an issue. Who cares about how many yards Harrell has passed for? He threw most of his yards in garbage time against OU. Not to mention TEch throws the ball 50 times a game. I mean damn. If you throw the ball 50 times and have possibly one of the greatest college receivers ever than I would HOPE that you could have a dynamic offense. Just my .02 cents..

Yeah Florida got screwed in the latest BCS, but if they pick up a big win over rival FSU thenw e may move up depending on how Texas and OU fare. We need a playoff.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2366
yeah they did big time, if ou can beat ok state alot of them are saying we will move to 2. its only a matter of time before yall crush Bama, then we would play for the ship, and then Bama and texas could fight it out lol.

life would be simple that way haha.

x2 playoff.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6227
"A "Sooner" was someone who snuck past the territory markers ahead of the gunshot to get an early start."

The cheaters are having a hard time with OSU. Pu$$ie$.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4809
USC ftw.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2368
doesnt matter a win is a win. in state rivalrys are never ever easy. 61-41. hopefully we will see each other in Miami.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2369
were number 2!!!!

new BCS

1. Alabama
2. Oklahoma
3. Texas
4. Florida

Gold Member

Post Number: 6228
HAHA. Oklahomo sucks. That score look like a basketball game. I can't wait until we beat the living dogshit out of those f4gg0ts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2370
k Reece.

i cant wait either.

im gonna try and go, you gonna? ill buy your dinner while im there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6229
Florida absolutely dominated FSU in all facets of the game. If Florida would have won 61-41 I would have cried. That's just a pathetic defensive display. I mean absolutely unbearable to watch. If Zac Robinson can run for 90 yards and throw 3 TDs then just imagine the devastation that Florida is about to hand the Sooners. I haven't seen a number 2 team with a D as bad as theirs in my entire life. Demps, Harvin (at 75% or less), and Rainey are going to sh1t on OU harder than you could possibly imagine. Sooners won't be able to keep it within 3 TDs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6230
I doubt I'll be able to go. Have you seen ticket prices? They are ridiculously high. They're selling anywhere from 800-1000 a piece. That's without hotel, travel costs, etc... Unless I get tickets for Christmas then I'll be watching it on the big screen.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2371
my dad gets tickets thru Ford and his other business cause hes an OU donor, so all we'd have to do was pay for our plane and a hotel room.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6234
That's sick, man. How many tickets does he get?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2372
just 2 per business. so 4 total.

he just told me we are renting a tour bus and going down with my aunt and uncle.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6235
That's badass, man. Have a good time watching your boys get stomped.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2373
i will. haha.
can we atleast hope for a good game?

just a point, id rather play Alabama lol

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4812
I would love to see Florida vs. USC. At least half of USC's defense will be pro soon, and probably starters. And Florida's offense is like a machine with alot of big and fast guys that will be pro's soon too. Would be a battle, and if I had to put a couple hun on it I would take USC. My mom and dad both went to UCLA and I hate to even think of the horror the Bruins will endure next week. We're talking something like 56-3.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6237
Brad, USC would get worked by Florida too. They don't have a consistent offense. If they can't score at will against teams like Cal, Arizona, Arizona State, Stanford, and Notre Dame then they wouldn't have a shot of putting up any decent amount of points against the Gator's D. They have BY FAR the most underrated defense in all of college football. USC has an incredible defense too, but they haven't played an explosive team like Florida. Florida is going to play a dominant defensive team next week. I think you will see that your couple hundred dollars would be better invested into Florida.

GO GATORS!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6239
Well the national championship is saturday. what are ya'll going for? Florida? Bama?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4728
florida all the way. BAMA is looking tough though so should b a good game

oh and lets go BC win the ACC

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22932
reece florida is going to show the nation why they should be #1. but they better enjoy it while it lasts cause next year usc is coming out strong.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2374
Ill be going for Florida, although I would rather play Alabama in the ship.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4834
http://secfootballblogger.com/2008/12/02/alabama-vs-florida-2008-sec-championshi p-prediction/

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3593
I predict a Florida win, 41-17.

Florida sh!ts on any other team in college football right now, guaranteed. And I don't like Florida.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4836
I don't think it will be that one-sided Pit. I would be surprised, but not shocked. Maybe something like 35-27. If Harvin's ankle is still racked and he can't go, or is 50%, it could be a tight game. Last I read he is looking pretty good but who knows? Alabama's power game could wear down Florida and be like the Georgia and LSU games where Alabama fought til the end and won. But then again, Florida crushed both those teams. I think it's going to be a thriller and live up to all the hype.

Check out this interview with Bobby Bowden about the Gators and the other powerhouses. Good read.

On the power structure in college football in 2008: "Oklahoma, Florida, Alabama, maybe USC, maybe Texas are the super teams, and a lot of us who can't hang with them. ... We're a better football team than we were last year. We're like Georgia, we're like LSU, we're like Tennessee when they [Florida] jumped on them. The Gators are better. They're just better."

In a mock-serious tone, on whether he believed Gators junior quarterback Tim Tebow is ready for the NFL: "I definitely believe it."

As Bowden got the laugh his wishful thinking looked for, he continued.

"But I bet he doesn't [come out]. He enjoys it so much that he ain't going to lose that senior season. A guy that has his priorities in life right, I don't think money is going to lure him out."

On recruiting to overcome Florida: "Whether it's Notre Dame-USC, Oklahoma-Oklahoma State, there's only one answer. You got to recruit guys that can beat their guys. Sometimes you can get a good, solid class with one guy like Tebow. Maybe it takes one star to cement that thing together. ... You look at, 'Can he help us beat Florida? Can he play for Florida?' That's what you look for."

More on recruiting: "The more you sign, the better chance you have of getting 18 good ones. You ain't going to hit 25 out of 25. It ain't gon' work that way."

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3594
I was probably being a bit dramatic with that prediction, I think it'll be a great game. Saban is no joke, he'll come with a big-time game plan, and his boys will be as fired up for this game as they've ever been in their lives.

I was basing my prediction on Harvin being good to go also, which I hear he will be. Florida, as far as college football goes, kind of reminds me of the current NY Giants in the NFL. They're the best team on paper, have already won a championship, and yet they seem to be a couple of the rare teams that somehow still play with an incredible hunger to win, despite having already accomplished so much. All the credit in the world to Tom Coughlin and Urban Meyer, that sort of thing starts with the head coach.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2375
Florida wins against Bama.

Florida vs. Oklahoma will alot closer than you think.
Florida will not blow us out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6240
I mean I have to predict a Florida win. I'm not going to say a score because I'm kind of superstitious. Anyways, Tebow will dominate and take home the HE15MAN, as it should be properly named.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3597
"Anyways, Tebow will dominate and take home the HE15MAN"

That would be a travesty. He's not a great passer, and his rushing numbers are inflated and misleading due to the team/system he plays for.

Sammy Bradford deserves it if the season ended today.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2376
agreed Pit. Sam for Heisman

Gold Member

Post Number: 6241
TEBOW IS NOT A GREAT PASSER? Dude, you may not like the guy, but don't talk sh1t about him or his play. Have you ever even watched him play? Obviously not or you would know he is a VERY accurate passer. You want to know the difference between Tebow and Bradford? For one, Bradford plays in the Big XII (JOKE DEFENSES) and the second is 150 passing attempts. In Tebows last 8 games he has thrown the ball 145 times for 19 TDs. If he threw as much as "Sammy Bradford" then he would be on pace for about 47 TD throws. Not to mention his 15 rushing TDs.

But yeah, the guy who won the Heisman last year and has accounted for 29 touchdowns in his past 8 games would be a joke if he won the HE15MAN.

You are a joke, Ehren. If you don't think Tebow is the best player in all of college football you are just dumb...

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3602
---"Dude, you may not like the guy, but don't talk sh1t about him or his play."---

I don't dislike him, just not a fan of him as a player. I don't think I talked sh!t about him, I disagreed with a statement someone made, and explained why.

---"You are a joke, Ehren. If you don't think Tebow is the best player in all of college football you are just dumb..."---

lol I don't have time to try reasoning with the unreasonable. It seems you have trouble distinguishing between facts and opinions sometimes Reeces. Other people are not "dumb" just because they disagree with you on what is obviously a highly debatable issue...

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23007
just made it home for the national championship. well its not but mind as well be. hahaha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2377
Bama leads 10-7 end of 1st. First time Florida has trailed since the loss to Ole Miss

Gold Member

Post Number: 6242
Florida wins 31-20. The two best teams in the land played and Florida came out on top. The National Championship is coming home to Gainesville.

"He's not a great passer, and his rushing numbers are inflated and misleading due to the team/system he plays for."

That is an opinion, smartass, not a fact. Can I not respond to you with an opinion? Tebow proved he is the best player in the nation today throwing some INCREDIBLY accurate passes in the process! Did you see the touchdown throw to Carl Moore? How about the strike down the right side to Riley Cooper for 51 yards? How about the throw to Louis Murphy on the sideline or to David Nelson on 3rd down or to Aaron Hernandez on the last scoring drive? Do you analyze his game or are you "just not a fan of him as a player" because he is so hyped and well-liked?

Anyways, I see you didn't even acknowledge the points i made to you. Who would have seen that coming? You can call me unreasonable all you want, but I like to refer to it as being right... When you actually have an argument to back your statements with then you can come talk to me. In the meantime, eat crow, b1tch!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6243
This Missouri game is a freaking joke. They are playing NO DEFENSE. There are multiple receivers running wide open every play. I don't care how great OU's offense is, their stats are still VERY, VERY skewed because of the poor competition they play. Just because your team is ranked high doesn't mean sh1t. If you watch the games you can tell that most Big XII teams have never heard of defense...

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3603
"That is an opinion, smartass, not a fact. Can I not respond to you with an opinion?"

Yes Reece, that was an opinion, and I hoped for nothing less than the opinions of others in response. I feel the difference with you is that you seem to insult people who disagree with you, whatever the topic may be, and not just with me, but with other forum members as well. That is also just my opinion, which I feel is shared by other people on this forum. You don't have to give a sh!t about my opinion or anyone else's if you don't want to, conduct yourself however you'd like. If that's how you talk to people in real life as well, good luck to you.

"Anyways, I see you didn't even acknowledge the points i made to you. Who would have seen that coming?"

I didn't respond to your points because I didn't think the discussion was worth continuing.

"When you actually have an argument to back your statements with then you can come talk to me. In the meantime, eat crow, b1tch!"

My argument is and was ready. But I don't really want to debate this with you if it's gonna be like this. There are plenty of people on this forum who are friendly and enjoyable to talk to. I think you're one of them most of the time, but other times not as much.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2378
Florida will not walk all over Oklahoma.
OU will score. plenty.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6245
HAHA, quit being a girl, Ehren. If you are gonna bring your opinion into a discussion where people are obviously heated and passionate about the issue then someone might say something you don't like. SORRY. The reason I normally manage to call you names is because of the way you post in such an arrogant manner. I'm just trying to get you riled up a little bit, man. If you can't handle little friendly jabbing then I don't really know what to tell you. Maybe find some women to discuss football with... I would be glad not to hear you whine about me in 1/2 your posts. Get over it, man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6246
Chase, I got 100 bucks that says OU won't score 30.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6248
"In the fourth quarter alone, Tebow went 5-for-5 for 72 yards and a touchdown. Florida, not Alabama, controlled the ball for nearly 12 minutes."

Not to mention he led two 60+ yard drives in the 4th quarter; one to take the lead and one to solidify the victory. THAT is Heisman Trophy material.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3605
lol I didn't think arrogance was one of my many faults. Explain?

"I'm just trying to get you riled up a little bit, man. If you can't handle little friendly jabbing then I don't really know what to tell you."

I wouldn't have it any other way. My friends and I talk sh!t and goof on each other all day long. Some of your posts don't come off as "friendly jabbing", and being that this is a public forum, for everyone to see, I feel obligated to defend myself.

Hahaha don't flatter yourself Reece. 1/2 my posts? lol. If you think I spend any more time thinking about you or your posts, than the 5 minutes or so combined that it took me to write my last few posts in this thread, you're outta your mind lol.

I don't know what to say other than that if you knew me personally, I am not an overly sensitive or touchy person. I enjoy "friendly jabbing", but we aren't talking in person. I can't hear your tone of voice, I can't see your face, so it wouldn't kill you to throw in a *ucking smiley face or some sort of context to let strangers know you aren't being hostile. If you tell me I'm a joke, and call me dumb, and nowhere in that post is it evident that you don't mean that to be insulting, again I feel obligated to say something.

I'm over it. I was never under it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6250
" With Oklahoma leading 55-21 with less than four minutes to play, Stoops had quarterback Sam Bradford throw deep to senior receiver Juaquin Iglesias."

Hence Bradford's bloated stats...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6251
I feel you, Ehren, and I forget that sometimes. I guess I just consider the fact that I have been on this forum for nearly 3 years now and I have known you through this forum basically that entire time. Me and my friends poke fun at each other and talk trash to each other all the time so I guess just add a sarcastic/joking tone to anything harsh I say that doesn't involve Obama, haha. No hard feelings?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2379
Stoops wanted that record.
They arent bloated stats, that pass wasnt completed. Bradford only had 2 TD passes last night.
Look at our rushing TD's. That is the only the 2nd game Bradford has played the whole game

Sam is THE Heisman choice. Tebow was deserving last year, although he does not deserve it this year. Point Made.

Everyone can argue all they want.

I watched the game yesterday, he can run no doubt, but I was not impressed with his throwing skills. He had some nice balls no doubt, but i just dont think he needs 2 trophy's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6252
How did you just make a point? Tebow has 28 passing touchdowns with 175 less attempts than Bradford. Bradford plays against some of the shittiest defense I've ever seen. Tebow played the number 1 team in the country with one of the best defenses in the country and threw three touchdowns. You obviously didn't watch well enough if you still say that Tebow can't throw the ball. You seriously have to be blinded by your hate for the guy. He made some of the most perfect throws I have ever seen last night... All Bradford has to do is hit one of the 4 receivers that are running wide open on every play. If you throw the ball as much as the Sooners throw the ball then your stats are bloated.

You may have 45 team rushing touchdowns, but Florida has 41 on 59 less attempts rushing not to mention we have 300+ more yards on the ground in 59 less attempts as well. No facet of OU game can dominate Florida. Our offense can play with ANY offense in the nation and our defense is UNBELIEVABLY better than the Sooner's D. OU has the 99th rated pass D and 65th rated total D in the nation! LMAO! Point Made.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2380
We will not get overrun like you think.

Bradford is 3x the athlete Tebow is.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3606
My grandpa always said "Hard feelings, are for soft people. Get over it." Definitely no hard feelings here:-) And I apologize if I came off as trying to "call you out" or bullsh!t like that. That was NOT my motivation, just didn't want to be made a fool of without speaking up about it.

Back to the matter at hand...

I didn't see all of the throws you referred to on Sunday Reece, because unfortunately I was stuck working til 6 (retail in december:-(), but I caught as much as I could on the computer at work. I don't think Tebow is a POOR passer, he is solid. But I don't believe he is an exceptional passer either.

Your point about him playing in the SEC is well taken, but he also plays in the bubble that is Florida football the past couple years. That team has been playing on another planet, you know this. And we have all seen TONS of players be monsters at the college level, only to be exposed when they get to the pros.

So do I think Tebow will be exposed as a fraud? NO! But a little overrated? Yes. I've seen the guy in pre/post game interviews, he's got a good head on his shoulders. Very intelligent, competitive guy. His toughness and ferocity are undeniable.

About his limited number of passing attempts, it's a double edged sword. Defenses playing Florida are much more concerned about the run, and are expecting the run on the majority of plays, because that's how florida wins. The Bradfords and McCoys are playing against defenses that know exactly what they're trying to do on most plays and still can't stop it.

I think he may struggle in the NFL because...

A. He makes solid throws, but I don't see the elite passing skills to make lazer throws all over the field like a Bret Favre, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees etc.

B. His running skills will be mostly nullified. He just isn't a fast runner, and in the NFL he will not be stiff-arming his way through defenses like he does in college, BELIEVE THAT! NFL defenses are stocked full of muscle-bound physical FREAKS who salivate at the thought of the opposing QB being carted off the field. He will not be rushing the ball a dozen times a game, because even if he could, his coaches wouldn't let him. So his

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4866
From NBC Sports Heisman Hopeful's:

"If Tebow does not repeat as Heisman winner, it will be because he could not live up to himself.

His record-setting sophomore season set the bar impossibly high, and Tebow couldn't manage to match those numbers.

However, one factor that has been vastly overlooked is the quality of competition. Of the Gators' 12 wins, nine have come against teams whose defenses rank in the top 37 in the country.

On the flip side, Texas' Colt McCoy didn't face a defense ranked higher than 65th. Oklahoma's Sam Bradford faced only two defenses among the top 30 nationally in non-conference foes TCU and Cincinnati. Every other team he played against had a defense ranked 50th or worse.

But more importantly for Tebow is he surpassed his 2007 total in wins, added an SEC championship and a likely berth in the BCS Championship Game. From that standpoint, he had a far better year.

And his proclamation following the loss to Mississippi when he promised no player and no team would play harder the rest of the season; nine straight wins later it's a called shot that ranks right up there with the Bambino.

However the voting shakes out, Tebow made a solid Heisman defense."

Gold Member

Post Number: 6253
Well, Ehren, I just really don't see Tebow as an overrated player. I just can't agree because I watch the guy play every week and analyze every throw he makes. Honestly, though, I think you should watch some of his passing highlights including the SEC championship where I couldn't believe some of the throws he was making. It has been a long time since I've seen a player make 5+ throws that dropped my jaw. I understand where you are coming from in saying that he won't be successful in the NFL, but to me that is only more motivation for a guy who will do whatever it takes to be the best; and he does it the right way. Mechanics can be fixed if that is what you're worried about, but you know what they say: "if it ain't broke don't fix it." The guy is a physical monster and more of a freak than MOST NFL players FOR HIS POSITION. Not saying he will be stiff arming Ray Lewis or anything, I'm just saying Tebow with NFL strength training is downright SCARY! Can you even imagine what strength coaches in the league could do with a guy who has the kind of work ethic that Tim has? It's just sad he has gotten such a bad rep by playing his whole career in the spread, but those offenses were in place before Tebow got there and as a player you can't control what offense you play in (minus choosing the school you go to, but c'mon). You just have to compete and play at a high level. The worst part is I almost wish 15 would have signed with Alabama just to prove to people he could play and be dominate in the pro-style offense.

Anyways, whether you think I'm crazy or not I think he deserves the Heisman Trophy. I just really wish he would have dominated the beginning of the year like he has the past 9 games and then there would be no doubt. Although, in my mind, he was trying too hard to involve everyone else in the first few games and finally realized, after the Ole Miss loss, that he was the best player in the nation. You may disagree, but please don't tell me that Sam Bradford is a better college football player. Don't tell me you would take Colt McCoy over Tim Tebow. I couldn't bring myself to believe someone who says that. No one does more for their team or plays harder than him and no one else in the nation could make a promise like he did and come through more with his performance on the field.

The statements in the press conference and on the field following that game are a long string of Heisman moments if I have ever seen one and I think everyone in the nation can agree. It all culminated into two 60+ yard drives in the 4th quarter against what could possibly be the nation's best defense.

At the beginning of the year I actually did expect Tebow to repeat as the trophy winner, but I knew his stats wouldn't be as gaudy. That being said, I don't think the Heisman Trophy should be based solely on statistics. I think A LOT more goes into it such as the defenses faced, "Heisman moments", and numbers behind the stats. People use the vicarious victory rule all the time when talking about which team is better than the other and I hate this, but if you make the same argument with about player's stats like I did earlier, than Tebow's stats are RIDICULOUS. Tebow has thrown the ball 174 less times than Bradford and he wasn't putting up stats in garbage time like Bradford has done nearly EVERY WEEK.

He threw a TD with 4 minutes left in a 45-20 game against Cincy.

He played until the 4th quarter against WASHINGTON (who went 0-12 this year) throwing 5 TDs, 2 after the score was 34-0.

He didn't leave the game against TCU even when it was 35-3 in the third quarter.

He had 372 yards against Baylor in a blowout, throwing for 187 in the second half, over 100 in the 4th quarter.

He threw two picks against Texas.

He was still throwing TD passes in a 49-21 blowout over Nebraska. 149 yards and 2 TDs after the score was 49-21.

He threw 2 TDs against A&M after the score was already 38-14.

He threw a 2 TDs against Tech after the score was already 52-14.

Those facts added up with the fact he hasn't played any great defenses this year should show you how skewed Bradford's stats are. He is a GREAT quarterback, don't get me wrong, but he wouldn't have such gaudy numbers if he had a classy coach like Mack Brown. He would be Colt McCoy WITHOUT the rushing yards. Take away 9 of his touchdowns and 150 yards passing a game in their blowouts and see how his stats compare to Tebow's. That would leave him with ~3,000 passing yards and 39 passing TDs and since he threw a INT during garbage time against Nebraska we'll say 5 picks. Very impressive numbers and a much more legitimate stat line. That being said, I don't remember Tebow making it out of the third quarter against anyone in a blowout minus a TD against Georgia at the beginning of the 4th (which I think is pretty justified considering last year events), one against the old ball coach in the 4th, and one against Hawaii who talked mad sh1t about us last year. Regardless, the fact that Tim threw the ball 175 less times and probably would have thrown another 15+ TDs make the 3 garbage TDs he threw irrelevant.

As pointless as the whole argument is I think things like this should come into consideration...

You may say this is all bullsh1t, which I inevitably see Chase and maybe some others doing, but it's cool. Its just my opinion.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6254
Sorry for the novel. Adderall FTL.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2383
Nicely done Reece.

But your right, I still think Bradford is the best QB in the country and deserves the Heisman without a doubt in my opinion.

What most people dont know, is that Sam is an exceptional athlete and just isnt given the opportunity to run that Time has, in high school Sam clocked a 4.61 40-Time. Thats without any special strength or conditioning training. I'd take Bradford over Tebow everyday.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6255
HAHA. Tebow ran a 4.5 in high school, but regardless what does that have to do with anything? I think this quote from ESPN analyst Pat Forde says it best:

"No matter how many late-game, pile-it-on points Bloodthirsty Bob's Sooners scored in recent weeks (a total of 38 in the last half of the last quarter of the past two games, against Oklahoma State and Missouri), they can't erase Texas 45, Oklahoma 35."

That's how the cookie crumbles...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2384
Bradford>Tebow

Gold Member

Post Number: 6257
Ask anyone who knows anything about football and they will tell you different.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2385
not really. because everyone knows and thinks that Bradford is a better QB.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6259
you obviously didn't master reading comprehension in high school. i said anyone in the nation would build pick tebow over bradford and mccoy to start their team, not who is "the best quarterback" by your standards. tebow is the better player and leader.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6260
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/secconf/0-3-85/Who-the-Heisman-Trophy-finalists-have- faced.html

The truth hurts, man. Tebow > Bradford. PUNK B1TCH.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2387
by referring to Bradford>Tebow i was referring to their positions, i have no reading comprehension problems as I scored 32 in reading on my act. so reading is not a problem.

Bradford is a better Quarterback, check out who won best quarterback..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6261
Maybe, maybe not. We'll never know considering he played dogshit defenses.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4883
While I have enjoyed reading you two go back and forth on this for weeks, I do not enjoy the personal attacks on Chase. I know Chase pretty well -- and Adderall or not Reece -- trust me when I say that you wouldn't insult him to his face. Just sayin'...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6262
I don't care how big he is. I used to play high school football too. It doesn't impress me, nor does the lack of knowledge he displays in daily conversation with me. It's normally just him ignoring everything I say and responding with some line about sucking Sam Bradford's dick or just giving the whole team a rim job. It's just annoying when someone (Chase) has such a strong opinion with no argument behind it.

P.S. I'm 6'3" 210 pounds. I'm pretty sure I can handle myself.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2388
haha, i dont want this to get personal. i have alot of respect for Reece, and thank you Brad for sticking up for me, I appreciate that.

While he may or may not have played "dogshit" defenses, because the big 12 offenses make the sec ones look like high school teams, so in turn the SEC defenses will have better stats. You just wont admit that. But in fact it is true, as read on ESPN.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 6263
So everything ESPN says now is true? What you don't understand is that the elite defense in the SEC is what makes you think they have bad offenses, but to say that SEC offenses look like high school teams? You have lost all credibility. Vanderbilt would treat your high school team like a bunch of red headed step-children. The score would be 100-0.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3615
If I had a vote tonight I think I'd give it to McCoy at this point. About a thousand more yards passing than Tebow PLUS more rushing yards!? And what like almost 10% better completion rate than Sam Bradford, plus when they played head to head he got the best of Bradford.

McCoy gets my vote.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4888
Sammie will win it.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4890
And the results:

Sam Bradford = 1,726
Colt McCoy = 1,604
Tim Tebow = 1,575

Gold Member

Post Number: 2389
heckkk yeahh budddy. best player won.
im sure reece will find a flaw in the system and make a case for tebow and why he should have won.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4893
Of course he will. But he needs to realize that nobody likes Tebow outside Florida. In fact, nobody likes Florida outside of Florida. Tebow is a talented kid no doubt though, and I joke about him. One thing is for certain though -- this was the ugliest final three Heisman candidates I can recall. If these guys weren't famous, they would be throating cocks outside supermarkets for pocket cash.

And.... Mikey will be here tomorrow with an interesting story about attending the Heismans in person and meeting Tebow and Bradford. Interesting stuff.

I will leave it at that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2390
haha, very true Brad.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2391
Bradford will be the only player in OU's history to get a statue outside the stadium in Heisman Park and still be playing(unless he declares for the draft).

The statues are really cool, Bill Sims, Steve Owens, Billy Vessells and Jason Whites statues have already been put up with Sam's statue already being planned. Each statue costs the university roughly 75,000 dollars.

Heres a picture of Steve Owen's

http://www.freebase.com/view/wikipedia/images/commons_id/1145106

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3616
Jason White has his own statue?..... that's just not right... sorry.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6264
No way would I try to find a flaw in the Heisman voting. Congrats to Sam Bradford. Tebow already has one, no big. I was very impressed and gained a lot of respect for Bradford by the way he handled the spotlight. That being said, he gave one of the worst Heisman speeches I have heard. I think he said "unreal" 20+ times... Regardless, he deserved it. He put up sick numbers all year. All I can say is VY. Tebow will be doing his best to imitate him in the NC and I can see is happening.

I agree is really sucks that Jason White has a statue. He is a JOKE. Haha.

Brad, those votes are deceiving considering Tebow got the most 1st place votes... It should probably be decided accordingly...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2392
yeah im gonna agree here and say Jason White was a huge flop. I mean he did have the passing records at OU, now they all belong to Bradford, and yes Sam did say unreal alot haha, our local newspaper said it was 4 times or something but that speech wasnt real long so it seemed like a whole lot, i cant imagine how nervous he was tho.. i woulda shitteedddd my pants.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6265
yeah.. i woulda shitteedddd my pants too...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2393
lmao.
of course.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3618
Is shitteedddding your pants from nervousness normal?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2394
i think it would be considering the pressure from the WHOLE nation watching you give a speech, plus 25 legends breathing down your neck right behind you haha.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 10093

quote:

If these guys weren't famous, they would be throating cocks outside supermarkets for pocket cash.

i almost buttpi$$ed right there. LMAO

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10094
lol. fukin ecoustics with their sh1ttypants HTMLoser

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10097
2{╩zz○♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10098
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! lololol

Gold Member

Post Number: 6266
yeah i was joking... florida > oklahomo though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2395
i think you messed up Reece, didnt you mean Oklahoma>Florida? i am just curious?

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10100
generally speaking....OU doesnt ever play anyone worth mentioning. they have 1 good season and ohhhhh look out here comes OU!!!!

lol
(watch the sh1t i'll start with that one^^^)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2396
How can you even say that?
Florida lost to an Ole Miss team that OU would just demolish we played the number #2, #4,#10#12,#13, #14 and #20. or something like that.
Texas, Texas Tech, Ok State, Kansas, Mizzou, Cincinnati, and TCU.
How is that not anyone worth mentioning?

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10105
listen....i was simply trying to get you riled up. chill dude. lol

but.....:-)
OU had a very strong schedule THIS YEAR. and they have done VERY well. but generally speaking(like on a year to year basis) they dont play many good teams. those teams they play arent consistently in the top 20 like the majority of the teams in the SEC. thats ALL im saying. i am not saying they suck or dont deserve the championship, bc they have been playing there A$$es off!

and as far as the Ole Miss game goes, Florida fell asleep and that game woke them up, they didnt lose a SINGLE game after that, bc they understood how it looked for them to lose to an unranked team. Florida AND the SEC is are consistent(maybe not this year) with being a hard team and teams to beat. do you understand where i am coming from now?:-)

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10106
we did smoke the number 1 team though :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2397
i totally understand where your coming from Muddy there, the sad thing is they could combine the big10 and pac10 and still not be as competitive as the big12 or sec.

and yeah the sec is a lil down this year, with UGA being a bust and Florida and Alabama being the only 2 powers.

and usually tech is down and mizzou and kansas, it just happen to not be the case.. i think in the next 1-2 years Baylor will be the team to beat, besides Okla and Texas of course, they are very athletic, they were only down 14-7 to the longhorns at half of their game, i wouldnt be surprised to see them go bowling next year. and i really hope they do cause its a great school

Gold Member

Post Number: 6270
demarco murray will miss the national championship throwing out what little hope OU had left...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2398
yes i just read that, made me sick to my stomach. even though he isnt our leading rusher, he sparked our team. backup mossis madu is has the same amount of talent as demarco just not the experience. Mossis is a touch faster tho. we wil still have chris brown our leading rusher

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10117
:-) agreed

Gold Member

Post Number: 6271
say what you want. demarco murray is the most dynamic player on oklahoma's squad. not to mention he was the leading rusher before he got hurt in the big XII championship. only 2 players in the nation had more all-purpose yards than him... ou's chances have diminished greatly if not entirely.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2399
dont get me wrong he is one heck of an athlete, and yes he was our best player without a doubt but we have depth, kinda like florida does, they won without harvin, we can win without murray.

although i would feel better with him running the ball:-) lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 6272
we can win without harvin because we have tim tebow, the most dynamic player in the land. ou has sam bradford. a one-dimensional qb.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2400
if given the opportunity sam can and will run!
sam is one of the best athletes on the field.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3619
"we can win without harvin because we have tim tebow, the most dynamic player in the land."

Lol Reece, you have completely lost touch with reality when it comes to your favorite college football player and the team he plays for. I'm not sure he's even the most dynamic player on his team.

OU has two chances in the title game, Jack and Sh!t. And Jack just left town.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6273
dude. read what the analysts say if you think i'm crazy. they talk about him being one of the greatest of all time...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2401
since when are the analysts always right?

Hes not one of the greatest of all time, greatest player of the last ten years? probably not. hes an average quarterback played on a great team, colt mccoy would run that offense ten times better cause hes faster and tougher.

Username: Sorabeckham

ODu

Post Number: 3
Mac dvd to iPod is an excellent DVD to iPod conversion tool that is designed for Mac OS users to convert DVD to iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod nano and other iPod players,
By using DVD to iPod Converter for Mac you can easily convert your favorite DVDs to iPod Touch,iPod Classic and iPod Nano,
want to convert your funny videos to you iPod, take a look at iPod Video Converter for Mac ,
enjoy your DVDs and videos on your iPod by browsing Convert DVD to iPod for Mac .

Gold Member

Post Number: 2402
dont ever come back here.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10121
we hang ppl like you beckham.....god dammit!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6274
" colt mccoy would run that offense ten times better cause hes faster and tougher."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry, that was just too funny. Look at the stats. Tebow was the first sophomore ever to win the Heisman and first ever to go 20-20 (actually 30+ and 20+). Get off your Big XII high horse and admit Tebow's dominance.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3621

quote:

Get off your Big XII high horse

hmmm... something about a pot... and a kettle... color similarities... I dunno probably wasn't important.

Anyways, McCoy is faster than Tebow, but he sure as hell ain't tougher. Maybe he's tough but I don't think you can say anyone is toughER than Tebow. Tebow plays like a *ucking rhinoceros.

McCoy really got jobbed this season, same with Penn State, USC etc. This year more than ever shows how bad college football needs an 8 team playoff. Penn State lost what? One game by one point or something!? USC allowed like 8 points a *ucking game this season!? It's really a shame these teams don't get a chance to be the best in the country.

I guess the NFL should quit wasting time with playoffs and just do it this way. I mean we all knew the Patriots were the best team going into the playoffs last season right....

Gold Member

Post Number: 6275
OK, yeah, that was a little hypocritical. That being said, I don't recall ever saying that every SEC team could beat every Big XII team. If I did, then I was talking out of my a55 and I don't really believe that. Although I do think Ole Miss will give TTU a hell of a game. That being said, the stuff Chase is now throwing around is very laughable and honestly, I think it would be a good foot race between McCoy and Tebow. McCoy would probably come out on top, but still, just the mere fact that your compared anyone else's toughness against Tebow is "unreal" (to borrow the only word for Sam Bradford's vocabulary.) The guy is the epitome of tough. He played the state championship his senior year with a broken leg. And Tebow is, as much as you all hate him, one of the greatest of our time (if not the greatest) and after next year he will be (and should be) considered as one of the greatest of all time. For you to say he is an average QB on a great team is absurd! He is the team. Without Tebow Florida would most certainly not be here. Without Percy? We proved we can beat the best anyways. If we didn't have Tebow for the SEC Championship we would have lost. Point blank. He drives the team and is maybe the best leader in the NCAA. Bradford's athletic ability doesn't compare to number 15's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2403
haha, that last statement is funny.
Sam Bradford is way better an athlete than Tebow.
Im just going by what i know about sam on this one, but he averaged over 20 pts a game in highschool and played varsity golf. at a 6a school, which is our biggest class in oklahoma

Gold Member

Post Number: 2404
thought this was interesting, from ESPN.com

BCS National Championship (17 points)
Oklahoma versus Florida
Miami
January 8, 8 p.m. ET
Florida is the best team in what is usually the strongest conference. Oklahoma is the best team in what is currently the strongest conference. The Big 12 South is the story of 2008, and that's really the bottom line in this affair. Florida is a great team, but the SEC features seven offenses ranked 91st or lower, five of which were on the Gators' schedule. Florida tortured Georgia's Matthew Stafford with three interceptions, but the Bulldogs still threw for nearly 300 yards. The Gators otherwise didn't face a quarterback better than Mississippi's Jevan Snead or Alabama's John Parker Wilson. Oklahoma's much-maligned defense, on the other hand, has run the gauntlet of Big 12 triggermen. Tim Tebow is an amazing player, but facing top-flight quarterbacks is just a weekly routine for the Sooners. For Florida's defense, which features nary a single senior starter, Sam Bradford and the Oklahoma receivers will be uncharted territory. The Oklahoma defense has taken its lumps this year, but the offense had most games put away before the opponent started scoring, plus the defense has improved dramatically since it lost leader Ryan Reynolds during the Texas game. Oklahoma is on a mission of redemption for past title-game defeats, and this time the Sooners have the goods to deliver.
Oklahoma 45-28

Gold Member

Post Number: 6278
Tebow is bigger, stronger, and faster than Bradford... /debate.

I found it interesting that accuscore.com has Florida winning and a 56% favorite.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2405
link didnt work.
either oklahoma blows them out of the water or florida blows us out, it wont be a close game i dont think.

personally i think Mr. Bradford is going to exploit that very very very young defense. the sec features 7 offenses that are 91st or lower. yet Stafford still had close to 300 yards, should be another career day for bradford, oh btw as read above 5 of those offenses were on floridas schedule. haha thats funny, it also says the next best QB yall faced was Jevon Snead, thats embarrassing. OU offense FTW. Florida's defense wont be able to keep up. pshh 91st or lower... pitaful. thats why those "amazing" defenses look so good... what a joke.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6279
Chase, dude, you have been denying my arguments this entire year and now you are arguing against me with the exact same opposite argument. You are really something, dumbass. Florida's D will be there and OU's offense better get ready to play a REAL football game, not the powder puff Big XII. Florida is going to roll in this one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2406
its an opposite argument that is EQUALLY as respectable and if you think its not then you need to leave this discussion.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6280
No f*cking joke, clown! So why have you been denying it all year? Did a light bulb just go off in your head now, months after I had been saying the exact opposite argument? I knew you weren't so bright.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2407
no it has always been in the back of mind, i know our defenses arent ranked so high.
i just never wanted to look up stats, and it was all in here in this article, yeah im a pretty bright guy, i have a 3.95 flucking physics i have an 89. but a's in calc, ap euro history, ap pysch, english 4, and bio 2.

Reece ya know i love ya. lol.
Our heated discussions are fun, i love this time of year.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6281
no hate here, man. i'm glad you're doing well in school. i wish i would have applied myself more in high school everyday. actually i wish i applied myself now... :/ anyways man, this time of the year is great and what's crazy is how we both feel the exact opposite way than each other... it just goes to show the influence of where we were raised.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2408
I know it's crazy. Like we are polar opposites. I've been meanin to ask you what you thought about jeff fischers call last week? Down by 1 and your in fg range with a red hot kicker? And he throws a bomb?I don't get it. What's your thoughts on that?
Brandon jones used to be a sooner:-) LOL.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6283
I honestly could not believe my eyes... I was furious when it happened. We have two damn good backs, one weighing over 250 pounds, and we decide to put the ball in the hands of our 40 year old quarterback who looks like he's playing through a hangover every week... It just doesn't make sense.

Anyways, you are exactly like my roommate, who is a huge Tennessee fan. He's also a big Texas fan. Regardless, we are best friends, but we act like we hate each other half the time because we're arguing haha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6284
Oh yeah, no wonder Brandon Jones sucks. We really need a go-to receiver...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2410
Dude i know i was watching and Lendale white is freak. i really wouldnt wanna try to tackle him.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10123
its funny to read you 2 guys swinging from either QB's nuts. lol :-)

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10124
btw.....Tebow's nuts are bigger.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6285
Lendale is too fat, but he is still ballin.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10128
lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2411
hes a load thats forsure.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10153
but a load for sure.;-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2412
i cant believe ND won tonight against Hawaii. shocked me

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3629
Florida state just straight dookied all over Wisconsin today. Didn't even look fair.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2416
i know, i picked florida state.
i picked cal too, i hope they can pull it out.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5025
USC flat out crushed Penn St -- so I say once again... USC could not only play head-to-head with, but possibly beat both Florida and Oklahoma if given the chance. To say that this isn't true is just being a homer. The whole way the BCC works is seriously flawed. If USC doesn't lose that stupid Oregon State game, then they are unanimous #1 and we wouldn't even be talking about this. Period.

USC = seven straight top 5 showings.
Pac 10 = 5-0 in this seasons bowls.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3639
That post would have been better with a picture of ur girl in a USC jersey. Just sayin.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5027
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2417
Utah strikes! Beats the 2nd best SEC team.
Maybe Utah should be in ahead of Florida.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2418
i just cant get this through my head how UTAH beat an SEC team. and Alabama at that. Alabama played Florida tough. Both Florida and Utah scored 31 points on Alabama's "historic" defense. And Alabama scored 3 more points on the MIGHTY Gator D than they did against a mwc defense.

Something is misleading. OU could score 60.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6288
Dude if you really think using that vicarious bullsh1t is relevant that you are a moron. I could say the same thing to you using different teams. Alabama came out with no energy and Saban got flat out out-coached. They had nothing to play for and obviously hadn't recovered from the SEC Championship loss. If you really read that much into a vicarious victory then you suck. For real. I mean Georgia Tech killed Georgia who killed LSU who killed Georgia Tech. Quit being a fool.

What is NOT misleading is that OU's last like 7 games have been against defenses ranked an average of 92 in the nation. We will be the best defense they have faced all year. We have more athletes than anyone they have faced all year. We have Percy Harvin and Tim Tebow. Two FREAKS that are impossible to game plan for.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6289
BTW, Ole' Miss (4th ranked SEC West) DRILLED Texas Tech. If Ole Miss can put up 47 on them then OU should have scored 100. That is if they were really the truth. I mean they played their starters until the 3 minute mark in the 4th!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2419
its just about as mis leading as Florida playing 5 offenses ranked 91st or worse and then bragging about their defense.

A spread team like oklahoma and utah will beat people. you cant beat oklahoma by scoring 45 points. youll need more than that. and florida can score, but not as fast or as much as us. i know harvin is a freak, and so is tebow, but we have some freaks of our my man. Chris Brown would embarrass those so called backs there. He runs in the 4.5s and still kills people. you will be surprised my friend. i promise you.

93 points is the total. i wouldnt be surprised to see a 100 actually tho, once ou gets rolling.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5035
Reece is it impossible for you to respond to a post that is contrary to your beliefs without telling the poster that they "suck, are a moron and a fool"? If you called me any of those things to my face you would be in an ambulance on the way to the ER. But you wouldn't -- so why do you feel that you can call Chase those things here? Seems to me that any slight against a team you like, causes you to fly into rage of uncontrolled anger. You seemed like a very nice guy when I talked to you on the phone, and I went out of my way to help you and give you some tools to use for your projects. Posts like that make me wonder why.

We are well aware that your beloved Gators are the best team that ever played college football, and that Timmy Tebow is a Seraphim posing as a quarterback, but nothing you can say will affect January 8th.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10221
dont beat on the Gators b/c Reece pisses you off. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2420
Brad thanks for seein it with me.
Thats why we are on the internet, cause id hate to send someone to the ER lol.

The only people beatin on the gators is gonna be Stoops and Co.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6291
Brad, I never called Chase a moron and a fool. I said if he really believed that teams compare vicariously than he is a moron and a fool because that is absolutely foolish. I would say the same thing to any Florida fan who says we will beat Oklahoma because we beat 'Bama who beat Ole' Miss who beat Texas Tech, who beat Texas, who beat OU. I mean give me a break, Brad. I'm sorry if you are offended by me saying that, but you shouldn't be. Chase knows better than that too. I'm sure of it. That's why I think it is a mute point.

And sorry I am biased towards my team. Every post I've seen you make in this thread involves how great USC is so it's kind of like the pot calling the kettle black with your facetious statements at the end of your post. You seemed like a nice guy on the phone too so that makes me wonder why you are being an e-thug to me now. no offense, man, but i don't give a damn what you nor anyone else says they would do to me over the internet. it sucks that ya'll wanna act like friends to each other and make jokes, but then when someone does something you don't like you get pissed when it's all in fun. if chase is getting upset about it then i would expect him to tell me, but he has had no problem coming up with rebuttals all year, i don't think he needs your help now.

BTW, i appreciated your help greatly over the phone and I even downloaded the program and drum sets you linked me too. i haven't gotten to use them much, but i hope to try and put something together soon. I seriously don't mean to offend anyone and i think everyone else here should know me and chase are both just stubborn football fans arguing in good fun. sorry for offending you, brad.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6292
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFxwOLbImcU

Gold Member

Post Number: 6293
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls08/news/story?id=3809361

That was a VERY bad choice...

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3645
lmao @ the texas tech bell ringer!

Nice one Reece.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2424
im not upset with reece. we chat on facebook regularly. were cool. i just love to argue. its me!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2425
yeah i was disappointed with Dom's comments. But he will be there one covering Harvin most of the night and is the fastest player on our defense, he was a 4.4 guy in high school. i know harvin is a hell of a lot faster than that but this dude is crazy athletic. so he should be able to atleast slow him down, we also just got word our starting MLB will be playing, Austin Box, which is huge news for us.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6294
I thought someone would get a laugh out of the "bell ringer".

Back to the subject at hand, apparently Dom hasn't seen film of the LSU game this year or the FSU game last year. He is going to be playing in top form.

Percy will be close to 100% and is ready to play his heart out. He said, "I won't be leaving the game unless I'm carted off the field" on Sportscenter. I'm sure you already heard that though. He's going to be pissed off about Dom's comments too.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3648
I dare one of you to tell me Eddie George doesn't look like a turtle.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10265
you.....dare.....me......

Gold Member

Post Number: 6299
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3812762&spor tCat=ncf

Great article. It's all that needs to be said.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6302
Oh come on guys, the game is TOMORROW! Let's get one more fight goin' before the game! Haha! There have been some real good stories about both teams and their players these past couple of days on Sportscenter.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2426
Boomer Sooner!!!!!

Take it home Sammy

Gold Member

Post Number: 6304
Well today is the day! Good luck...

GO GATORS}!!!!!}}

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3653
Time for final predictions.

I say OU comes out hyper-aggressive, the no-huddle throws off the Gators D a bit, 24-17 OU at the half. Gators take control in the 2nd half, OU looks to have blown their wad. 38-34 Gators victory.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2427
Nicely said Pit.

I think they come out aggressive yes, and then come out in the second half and pound it out with Chris Brown and control the game.

Oklahoma 42 Florida 31

Gold Member

Post Number: 2428
wow. 7-7 at half. gonna be a good one.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3654
NOT the type of game I expected obviously. But the Gators are starting to flip that switch offensively like I figured they would. When it's REALLY time for the game to be won or lost, the Gators just have another level of focus and intensity they go into that other teams don't have. I give Urban Meyer 100% credit for that.

OU will squirm a bit, but Florida's grip will be too tight these last 15 minutes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6305
GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3655
Congrats to Gator nation on solidifying themselves as a college dynasty.

Black's interception was ABSOLUTELY the play of the game. The OU receiver literally had the ball caught, and Black just said "I want it more" and ripped it out of his hands.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2429
Congradulations to the sooner and especially the Florida gators on a great season. This game was excellent. I don't anyone can say much about it. Great game. Both teams had missed oppurtunities. It was a fantastic game. I figured it would have been a higher scoring game. But nonone can predict anything anymore. The gators and the sooner both faught hard. Congrats gators on your title.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10283
Gators FTMFW....i called it. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6306
Yeah, I called it at the beginning of the year! I'm so glad I don't have to hear about how great the Big XII offenses are. The best of all the Big XII Os got SHUT DOWN! Someone embed this video on the forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fJxN3DWQCI

I know it's already embedded into your memory! MAJOR WRIGHT SHOWING WHAT THE SEC IS ABOUT!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3656
This OU receiver got majorly wronged by Major Wright.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6307
Oklahoma had around 360 total yards and Tebow had 340 himself...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6308
Thanks, Ehren.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2857
i like uconn sports lol ..

donald brown is a beasttttt

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10284
i have watched that video probably upwards of 20 times. :-):-):-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2430
Florida didnt dominate Oklahoma.
We beat ourselves with poor coaching, Kevin Wilson already apologized for that. We left to many scoring oppurtunities open.. but cant change anything. Maybe our D will get some respect, thats Florida's low point total for the season. Our D did the job, our Offense couldnt produce, we never got comfy in a rhythm even tho we had chances, peneltys and what not killed our momemtum everytime. oh well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6309
Oklahoma called the defensive game of their lives and still came up short because Tebow is just better. Percy Harvin and Tebow single-handedly beat you all on offense and took away your opportunities. Call it poor play calling if you like, but when you have the ball at the 3 and can't pound it home that says something about the SEC defense and shows you that the Big XII is soft like I told you all year! When the "heisman quarterback" throws into triple coverage that doesn't mean it was a bad play call either... And you can't even start with penalties. Florida had 8 for 81 yards while Oklahoma had 4 for 31. Give me a break. Bradford was insanely accurate, don't get me wrong. He just isn't tough enough or mature enough. He made bad decisions and cost his team. As a quarterback you have to be a leader and he didn't show that. Tebow took control of the game in the 4th quarter and showed why he should have won the Heisman.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2431
That INT he through in triple cov was a designed play for manny. thats where he was told to throw it. we didnt play. fact.

Im still lobbying for a playoff, i think it could happen sooner than people thing now.. especially with Utah throwing a huge fit.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3093
I dont remember the last quarter, or the ride home. A group of us went to Buffalo Wild Wings and threw down and I got a little carried away at the end. haha

From what I remember, it stayed pretty close though. I dont care either way though, I just went for the drinks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2432
i was thinkin, if they moved the game to Saturday nights OU would probably win lol, since they dont play well durning the week in BCS bowls.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6310
maybe the sooners can lobby for that too, lmao... it's great, to be, a florida gator! i said it's great, to be, a florida gator!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2433
ill make some phone calls haha.
so here comes 2 in a row. Tebow is back.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6311
yeah and he wants the undefeated season...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2434
He will get it. The SEC will be down this coming year, more so than 08.
Idk that he will get another national championship or not and def won't get another heisman.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6312
please. the sec will be up if anything next year with ole miss being a damn good team, lsu will bounce back for sure and have a top 3 recruiting class, arkansas will be MUCH improved like they were at the end of the year and will have an offense ran by ryan mallet, miss st. should be improved with dan mullen taking over the head coaching position, tennessee is getting some good recruits and they have a RIDICULOUS coaching staff, i say they will 8+ next year, not to mention vandy, alabama, florida (of course), and even kentucky should be much improved with a little experience under their belts. randall cobb is a player. whatever though. think what you would like. i wouldn't be surprised to see Tebow take home the ship and another heisman.

the shitty 12 looks to be down if any conference is. OU is possibly losing quite a few players, mizzou just sucks, kansas is returning a senior qb, but they were pretty crappy this year, texas will be good (pride of the conference), texas tech loses everyone (they will be miserable), A&M will probably be better than last year, but how much is that saying? k state is always mediocre and they are losing their best player to the draft... i don't even honestly care though... don't really know why i made a point to prove you wrong. maybe just because i've been right throughout most of this thread...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2435
your so biased to your conference, its crazy, yeah the big 12 will be down this year, but Tech will have a 9 win season, Grahams replacement is really good, OU's replacement Landry Jones, QB, is supposed to be better than Bradford was as freshman which was scary good. OSU will be a force, i dont care what you think about them, they will win quite a few games.

Alabama wont be nearly as strong, especially since losing Coffee, cause that offense wasnt impressive anyways, Vandy will flop, as will Tennessee, and UGA. Second best team will be Ole Miss,(theyll prolly beat Florida again). SEC will be down next year. Florida will lose 1 game again, making Tebow more pissed and possibly appealing to the NCAA for another season stating he was not good enough to go wire to wire and ill laugh. cause he will bust in the NFL cause college is as best as he will ever be. thats the real reason hes staying, to get that education.

McCoy is my Heisman favorite for next year, if Bradford stays Tebow will be SOL for that trophy he might finish 3rd again, maybe he can win another trophy for going to the Philippines or something, who knows.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6313
you are the same way, man that's why there's no point in arguing. kansas and mizzou both got beat down by big xii south squads all year and kansas lost to USF. they are not good teams... neither are vandy, kentucky, and miss st. i'm not saying that, but i think they will be improved next year meaning we wont be as bad as this year.

you are just talking out of your a55 now, man. IT'S GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2438
Bradford and Gresham both return. Love it! Returning 12 starters on defense, counting 3 starting MLB's who were injured.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3660
"Returning 12 starters on defense"

If OU had 12 starters on defense, then they really suck c0ck since everyone else only gets to play 11...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2439
do i need to type this again.. really?

ok, ill go ahead and explain, they started 3 different middle linebackers, all of which will be back, minus the 2 safetys, Nic Harris and Lendy Holmes, so that makes 9 different players left, plus those 3 middle linebacks, so that makes 11 cause im counting Ryan Reynolds as an already there player, and then Adrian Taylor on the line, who started about 3 or 4 games on account of injuries... so thats 12.. Im not stupid Ehren. lol.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3662
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying that you thought 12 guys could start, I'll at least give you credit for knowing that much (Reece might not though lol). I'm just being nit-picky about the way you worded it :-).

If an NFL team has an injury riddled season, and lets say, 25 different defensive players make starts at various times throughout the season, and 20 of them are still on the roster for next season, it'd be inaccurate to me to say that they have 20 returning starters.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2440
Yeah I understand where your coming from but thats how stoops puts it so we all kinda just follow along..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6315
Florida returns 11 of 11 on the defensive side that SHUT DOWN the almighty Sooners and 8 of 11 on offense assuming Percy is really gone.

And yeah, Chase, you lost all credibility with me after your last argument. I didn't really care to find flaws in it before, but now I just kind of want you to explain you're rationale for the outlandish statements you made. After calling me "so biased to my conference, it crazy" you proceed to talk sh1t about a bunch of SEC schools you probably know NOTHING about, shockingly prophecising Florida to lose 1 game without a leg to stand on, then you hate on Tebow for doing missionary work in the Philippines and about his play on the field, and to top it off you rule him out of the Heisman race 4 days after he put up 340 total yards and dominated your precious Sooners. I bet you still don't even realize Florida doesn't play Ole Miss next year! Please be MODERATELY educated when you make statements otherwise debating with you isn't a debate at all. Just a debacle in which you continue to make yourself look like an idiot. Now I don't think you would like to portray yourself as such so please don't act like one.

"Yeah I understand where your coming from but thats how stoops puts it so we all kinda just follow along."

WOW. If Stoops walked off a cliff would you "all kinda just follow along"? HAHA!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3665

Gold Member

Post Number: 2441
They could meet in the championship game. I was just throwing that out there I have no idea who plays who. I've turned my attention to basketball now. Next season top three.
Florida
Texas
Oklahoma

Gold Member

Post Number: 6316
Thank you for being rational. OU has a hell of a basketball squad, I would be enjoying their season too. I'm really surprised with Florida this year too. We just drilled Arkansas who beat Texas, so I'm proud! Go Gators!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6318
Pit, what was that face for haha?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2443
Ark also beat OU, only loss of the season, i didnt watch all of that game, it was the same night as osu/oreg.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6319
ballin. they're 0-3 in sec play...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2444
Wake Forest is for real.
I still like NC tho, jusst cause Roy Williams is good coach.

i think OU will make the elite 8, but i think thats all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6320
i doubt florida has any legitimate shot at a title run, but i'm still impressed with their play.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us