American Idol

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 2932
Anyone watch? I can't believe Asia'h Epperson got the boot :-( I liked her.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19269
do something productive with your time pit. lol

first hannah montana and now this. lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14700
I can't believe he went as far as he did.

Upload

ALOT of decent singers got the boot b4 him last year. It was all about ratings and I can't bring myself to believe the fans have ultimate control over those who advance. The shock factor is another rating tool.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2933
"do something productive with your time pit."

yeah okay Mr. 19K posts!!

Sanjaya FTL. He and Paula Abdul should simultaneously shoot each other in the face.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19275
posting on E>american idol. lol.

relax man i was just kidding. geez. lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14390
Hey I watch the show....one of the few shows I do watch...I love it...has a little bit of everything...talent....comedy...politics etc..I wannna see William Hung again...lol

Its all about public popularity and their votes,,,that simple...

Sanjaya went as far as he did cause the 12-16 yr olds loved him...keep in mind who watches the show and votes...the 3 judges really have no say in it, other than influencing the public....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2934
Yeah I agree, without question it's a popularity contest. But I think the fans are HEAVILY influenced by the judges, particularly Simon who is considered the authority of the judges or the one who always "keeps it real".

Sanjaya made it wayyyy too far, and I was tuning in each week, shocked each time that someone far more talented was being sent home. But it just made the show more dramatic and in the end didn't effect its integrity much, if at all. Jordin Sparks and Blake Lewis (the final 2) are both going to be REALLY successful, i guarantee it.

LK does Paula annoy you as much as she annoys me? I mean i'd be shocked if that woman can tie her own shoes, she might be the most unintelligent person ever. Not to mention she looks like the guy in the middle on the evolution chart.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15387
" Not to mention she looks like the guy in the middle on the evolution chart."

LOL!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14400
Paula is very HIGH every week I think...and honestly, everytime I see her, I think of the movie "Planet of the Apes"...lol

I find nothing attractive about her,,,mentally or physically

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14705
Fox has spent millions on this revenue engine and as long as it appeals to today's paying youth it will continue to do so.

I find it's a shame that this show, which was once considered "the chance" for those talented and without connections, has now made itself into what the industry is, greedy.

Last season is proof of that. Every week Sanjaya passed on through I almost vomited. It wasn't about talent anymore. How many times have you heard the judges say "it's a singing competition"????? Well the judges obviously don't control jack shit! The ones paying them do.

Sanjaya made a mockery of what the show was SUPPOSED to stand for. At least 4 ppl's careers were tossed because of it. Does anyone think they care? Instead Fox decided to cash in and take the "Springer" approach and broadcast what's shocking.

Money fuggs everything up.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15388
Indeed it does

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14411
THe show did do alot of Good too..when they went to Africa and helped and raised millions of dollars..with Bono and other celebrities too..

The show is very simple...good clean family fun ...and a chance for the top 10-20 to make it big...getting national exposure...who the final actual winner is doesn't matter that much, cause record companies see em all...but obviously to some the final winner does matter...as U can see by some replies here, the show has done EXACTLY what they intended to do..GET EXPOSURE and get people talking about it..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2937
Paul while it is primarily a singing competition, you can and should take into consideration other factors. Which is why the judges are also critiquing them on things like stage presence, personality, and their ability to make songs their own, changing the musical arrangements etc. The winners of this show are supposed to go on and release albums and be successful artists in the music industry, that involves more than just pure singing.

Look at Blake Lewis from last season, he probably didn't deserve to go to the final two based on pure singing, but he showed maybe the most potential as an artist of anyone ever on the show. He is an incredibly talented musician, producer and writer, and will probably be on of the most successful contestants ever.

Someone like Melinda Doolittle on the other hand, a ridiculously good singer, but like zero appeal as a musical artist. WTF kind of album is she gonna release? An album singing other people songs like she did on Idol, that's about it.

Also like LK said, the show is hardly the root of all evil...the show is emmy award winning for the work they did raising ridiculous amounts of money for poverty in africa, as well as poverty and hurricane relief in our own country.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1071
"..I wannna see William Hung again...lol "

rotfl.. she bangs she bangs....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2938
This years William Hung....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14422
I remember that episode well...LOVED IT!...funny and actually very sincere...and he will make a ton of money from that audition, like Simon said...he is living the American dream..good for him!...its NOT just about the singing competition, cause there is so many other fallouts from the show that make it one of the better shows on TV...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2939
They're going to do the Idol Gives Back thing again this year, which makes 2 consecutive so maybe every year now i dunno.

Also they're allowing contestants more and more privaledges as far as being able to rearrange the songs they do, play original music, and play instruments while singing...things that will expose frauds like sanjaya even more.

Although, there were two things i liked about Sanjaya being on the show, can you guess what they are?....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14740
"Paul while it is primarily a singing competition, you can and should take into consideration other factors. Which is why the judges are also critiquing them on things like stage presence, personality, and their ability to make songs their own, changing the musical arrangements etc. The winners of this show are supposed to go on and release albums and be successful artists in the music industry, that involves more than just pure singing. "

But bottom line the show was supposed to be "A singing competition". Many ppl with singing capabilities without stage presence enjoy a successful career. The voices of cartoon musicals, commercials, background singers, ect.....

The judges use that phrase at their discretion to influence the viewers on what the show was intended to do, discover otherwise hidden "singing" talent. That's not what they discovered in Sanjaya. His feminine personality coupled with a head of hair hollywood's stylists love gave the show an opportunity, and a cheap on at the cost of contestants who genuinely had what the show was searching for yet got the boot to early. I'm not saying the show is evil. In fact I watch it for the entertainment value almost every week. I was a Carrie Underwood fan from her first day.

The show has raised a ton of money for a lot of good causes and that too lends to the show's popularity. It truly is a shame though how Hollywood and ppl in general stereotype what they think should be a star based solely on stage appearance. I just don't want contestants like Sanjaya turning Idol into the 21st century's version of The Gong Show.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14741
Lol Pit. Those two things wouldn't be Sanjaya's sister's B(.)(.)BS would it lol??

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14431
IMO ...Brooke White has it all..the voice, great happy personality, stage presence , charisma, and a breath of freshness, to be the next "Idol"...I myself never saw it as a "singing" contest...and don't beleive thats what its original intentions were...Many of the older GREATS , had so-so voices but were great performers....ex: Janis Joplin, Rod Stuart, Mick Jagger, Joe Cocker, Leon Russell, etc..and thats what I perceive "Idol" to be all about...having the WHOLE package...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14747
Brooke certainly nailed Carly Simon.

Another thing I hate to see is when they let Hollywood get to them. Kelly Clarkson was a sweet innocent girl who could belt one out. Last I saw she was on a billboard on my way to Atlantic city dressed as a cheap ho. I didn't recognize her.

If Brooke were to win it you'd see her in skimpy clothes singing songs about sex someday. It's what Hollywood does to women. Britney, Kelly, ect....

I'm not going to mention Paris. She was neither a singer nor talented.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2951
Since this is the OFFICIAL american idol thread, i'll post my thoughts on tonights elimination.

I can't complain much, if at all. I would have given Kristy Lee Cook the boot personally, but hey, that's what the shows all about, the fans decide. David H. was inconsistent, and I couldn't see him winning by ANY stretch of the imagination. Maybe he could do well in a boy band or something...but not as a solo act or a front man.

Glad Syesha's still around, WHAT A BABE!!!

Kat McPhee looked HOT too, and she sounded outstanding, good for her.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14578
David H, the ga*y lap dancer was going bye bye no mattter how he sang and performed, which he sucked and blew, by the way..

NO 12-20 yr old girls, or any heterosexual men were going to vote for him to stay...

without a doubt, IMO, he was the least talented of them all...his cheap Taylor Hicks imitation performance was atrocious...looked like he was performing at Elton Johns birthday party..

BTW..Syesha's folks live 3 streets away from me (and its NOT Sarasota), and her performances vary week to week...but I think the snot Cook is history next...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7354
I can't believe you guys like American Idol. I think the show is terrible at best. I've watched it once or twice and I just think it's a garbage show.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2953
"I can't believe you guys like American Idol. I think the show is terrible at best. I've watched it once or twice and I just think it's a garbage show."

Thanks for contributing to the thread Rob.

"but I think the snot Cook is history next..."

You mean Kristy Lee Cook right? Cause there is David Cook too, he might be my favorite right now.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14593
Yes the white chick in the bottom 3 last nite...she's a real snot..the kind u like to give the salami to, then tell her to hit the road..lol

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2585
First I apologize
I didn't see this thread before I post mine

I'm glad that people agree the show sucks
America didn't vote folks
It's a shame on Fox to claim America voted
It's the producer and the unqualified judges

I watched 12 talentive young American singers with best talent ever
But fox selected David Hernandez is the least talentive of the 12
Very sad

Very biased judges
I can tell you who they'll pick to win this
It's the kid wo can't remember his lyrics
David Archuleta
No need to watch this show
It's not worth it

Fox Network
Please don't claim America picks the winner
I dare you to have a third party to verify the scores

Shame on you fox when you misrepresent America's choice

Here is the bull sh!t judges had to say:
- (Randy) "Yo David yo have a big voice but yo tried to do too much so it was kind of lost for a simple song...cuz it was too much"
Thanx to the cowed booooo for a false comment

- (Paula) "David yo know I love your voice
Yo kind of over did it...yo kind of need to scale it back a little bid...too many runs"

Very silent crowed

- (Simon) "no no no I thought it was corny virging on desprate
A much louder boo from the crowed...oh shut up...it just wasn't very cool...I don't think it was particulary strong performance

Well
I want to thank you America for booooing
Nobody falsly claim it was America's decession
cuz it wasn't
Why did you bother listening to his performance
It looks to me you gave 3 unrelated comments
Just read the judges comments
And compare the performance for yourself

So do yourself a favor fox network
Next time you claim it's America's voice
Don't lie about it or call it FOX IDOL
America has nothing to do with your crap

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14630
So King...U are saying that American Idol is committing the biggest LIE and FRAUD in the history of TELEVISION (there really is no voting by the public that is used to determine the outcome)...cause U know the music industry...and John Lennon and David Hernandez are on the same level, per your other threads and posts here...

dude, seriously, put down the crack pipe...U are way over the edge..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2961
"dude, seriously, put down the crack pipe...U are way over the edge.."

x2. I can't even respond to most of what tapeman said because the level of retardedness was so high.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2586
What I said about David Hernandez vocal quality is my opinion

What I said about Fox crap based on crowd's reaction as well as BS detection
It appears to me
Judges made their decession with or without America's votes

If Fox's calims America voted
Then show their results to a third party company
If you agree with fox David H. was the least vocal talent among the top 12 and agree with judges' comments then I'm sorry you didn't watch the show.

As far as "American Idol is committing the biggest LIE and FRAUD"
Well that's show biz
It wasn't any different from Wrestle Mania
Same quality as Vince Mcmahon's producer

Shame on any American to agree with Fox's speak on our behalf and claim America voted

What I say is timed and dated
You can get back to it at the right and say King said so
Madona paused nu*de to Pl*ay boy in her early career
It didn't change her star quality
America doesn't care about personal life
D. H. wasn't running for Governor

Read the judges comments
And listen to the contestent performance
Read and listen for yourself
I'm saying we just got duped
I got all the shows on TIVO
I will put it on DVD
I can speak out
Obviously you guys can't

Read and listen to the judges for yourself
I won't let America get duped with false claims
Why speak on behalf of America if American votes has nothing to do with final results

Shame on you Fox
And shame on any American that won't speak out
I ask everyone
Did America really vote?

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2587
Here is the judges' comments once again in case you missed it:

Here is the bull sh!t judges had to say:
- (Randy) "Yo David yo have a big voice but yo tried to do too much so it was kind of lost for a simple song...cuz it was too much"
Thanx to the cowed booooo for a false comment

- (Paula) "David yo know I love your voice
Yo kind of over did it...yo kind of need to scale it back a little bid...too many runs"
Very silent crowed

- (Simon) "David no no no I thought it was corny virging on desprate"
A much louder booo from the crowed..."oh shut up...it just wasn't very cool...I don't think it was particulary strong performance"

Fox
You just got busted by King

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 546
so all of my votes never counted?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7370
Lol, at what King says. It's funny how many people watch that terrible show and the amount of money that is made from it. For the future thanks for my input, you're welcome.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14642
KING....of course all the votes are monitored and counted by 3rd party , and probably 4th and 5th party independent bean counters..

U cannot be this naiive!

We all saw the show, and nobody here appears to agree with your love for David Hernandez...and I thing we represent the span of most of America here...

It appeasrs to me that U are defending him, ONLY because he is a fagg*t...and U take retarded aim at Fox, and so far have compared this to Wrestlemania and John Lennon...U are very SCATTERED...what happenned to you, U use to be a bright guy!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2963
King Tapeman please stop spamming this thread with your RIDICULOUS conspiracy theories.

You think the votes don't really count, because the crowd booed when the judges made highly critical comments of a contestant. Have you ever watched the show before this week? That's how it ALWAYS is, with ANY contestant. The contestants have friends, family, and general fans in the audience every week. The crowd always trys to support the singers and make them feel good by cheering for them (or playfully booing negative comments).

Furthermore, calling the judges unqualified? You can argue that Paula Abdul is unqualified, in fact, i'd tend to agree. But Randy Jackson and Simon Cowell, love them or hate them, agree with them or not, couldn't be more qualified. Both of them, ESPECIALLY Randy, are very successful music producers who have been in the business for a lonnngggg time.

You want proof that the votes count and the producers aren't deciding, i'll give you proof in two words...Taylor Hicks.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8899
Didn't read any of it but that Archuleta kid should win. Only have watched one episode and like 10 minutes of another one but that kid stands out from everyone else imo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2965
Clearly you didn't see this weeks performance from David A. Yanks...It was an absolute trainwreck, he forgot all the lyrics, and even when he didn't, sounded bad. The judges ripped him a new one.

Archuleta has got some real talent Yanks. I've been arguing with a friend of mine about him for a couple weeks now, because IMO i thought/think he's a one trick pony. For every song he can sing great, there's 1000 songs he'll butcher, this past week being a PERFECT example.

While he's talented, he lacks versatility. The one who really stands out from the pack as of now, based on pure singing skills, is Carly Smithson. Absolutely killed during Beatles week. While she might not be my favorite overall (because like i have already said other factors are important), she is in the lead vocally.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14653
Vocally she is definitely the most talented...but the tatoos will eventually come back to haunt her...

I think the 2 finalists will be

1...Carly Smithson

2...Brooke White

and David A, a distant 3rd

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8902
Fair enough. You guys watch it more than I do. Kid had a great voice when I watched him. Sucks to hear about his last performance.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2966
here is David's disaster if you wanna watch it yanks...

the kid can sing don't get me wrong. but he can't have more than one (if even that) performance like that while they send home great people based on his potential.

Plus like i've said it's a singing competition but you have to consider other things. What the hell kinda album would this kid release? Can he write music? Or is he just gonna sing other ppl's songs like on the show.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15444
Good point! Not a lot of singers can last long without knowing how to write their own music. They are at the mercy of the song writers...once their popularity wanes, they are done for.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14970
How many of today's popular pop stars write their own music anyway? You think Britney or Byonce struggle to find unique and original lyrics? Just like Leno and all his writers. They're just the mailmen.

And yes it is a signing competition. The ones who pull it off and look good doing it succeed. Having a nice bOOty helps too lol.

Man this place is crazy. They block a word like boooty. That's fucked up.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15447
Does Britney have talent?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14978
Touché.

Username: Rocket17

Post Number: 2
My vote is for Michael Johns--he has it in the bag.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2589
"by Ehren"
"You think the votes don't really count, because the crowd booed"

No I wrote you the quote to read
Word for word from the script
Cuz you don't sound like you saw the show

I have no problem if they disqualify a contestant as it don't fit the name Idol
The problem I have
Is the negative judges responses addressed to his vocal talent cuz he was a lap dancer
The problem I find
Is Fox claims that America voted him least vocal talent among top 12 at the same time judges gave negative replies

Come' on...what we are all born yesterday?

by LK
"of course all the votes are monitored and counted by 3rd party , and probably 4th and 5th party"
Wow...You are very observant man
What makes you so sure?
How many times was it mentioned?
Cuz I have every single episode on both hard drive and DVD straight from my TIVO
Just tell me which show and I'll pull it out
You must be also a tooth fairy believer!!!
My son claims he saw one when he was 6

Look man
You can bash all you want
I feel a lot more insulted when some one come up with fabricated results and claim America voted to me this insults my intelligence

You never asked me how did I know was fabricated
I pay attention to details
I listen to contestant unbiased
In fact I'm cheering for some one else (Chikezie)
I link judge replies to factual basis
I compare final results
I finally use my nose to examine smell

Look
I would totally agree the guy sucked big time to choose a wrong early career that can hunt him one day

But I would totally disagree if you say his voice sucks cuz he was a lap dancer

See I refuse to get duped from someone speaks on my behalf

BTW LK
I never compared D.H. with J. Lennon artist for an artist. There will never be another J. Lennon in our life time again As writer, composer, player, performer and a singer. What I said or meant I haven't heard a real quality singer since the loss of J. Lennon. I don't smoke or drink or take medications. I'm a very good observant with a serious terrific ear for talent.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14780
Interesting week...

the chick Cook is history I think..or possibly the tall Michael dude

the rocker dude Cook was pretty good with "day tripper"..I thought..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2982
Really bad week overall. Brooke White, who I love, was just bad. Carly Smithson was boring. David Archuleta went back to his bread and butter, delivered a solid vocal, but put me to sleep. Syesha same deal, strong singer but boring performance.

I thought David Cook was light years better than the rest this week and was SHOCKED that Simon was so critical of him because Simon and I usually agree. David Cook is stage ready, they could stop the competition now and he could just start touring. Great singer, musician, performer...total package.

Silver Member
Username: Eldog

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 147
Peace out Miss Overmyer.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14798
I didn't think she (Amanda) should have been the one this week, but it was coming either way within the next 2-3 weeks..I liked her rocker/Joplin blues style..and originality..

Now U can see that its really beginning to be a popularity contest, and the young 12-22 yr olds (especially females) are gonna determine the outcome...David A, no matter if he forgets his words or falls on his face, will definitely be in the final 2, and most likely win it all...he's got a decent voice but now his status in this "IDOL" contest reminds me of Sanjaya...not talent based, but solely popularity and demographics..

The Irish chick had no business in the bottom 3, and her tatoo will be her downfall..the young-uns voting in this (which are the largest group of voters)aren't ready for her or the tatoo..all young screamers like Sanjaya followers..

Myself, I still believe that the Carly Simon blond type chick or the Irish girl, are the top 2 singers and performers..

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2627
If yo are searching for the final winner
It's clear to me David Archlata will win it
The kid can sing...Not my favorite by miles
But I can see where this is heading towards

Lovely qualified judges comments about Chikezie:
- Randy: didn't like the Chikezie's balad
- Paula: didn't agree surprisingly wasn't high that night
- Simon: Talking to last contestent Yo sound like Chikezie on harmonica

Very accurate description Simon it's exactly how entire audience saw it too!!!very good judge's comment

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14907
26 March 2008...

Jason, Chikezie and Syesha gather on the stage to find out their fates, and Jason promptly finds out he is safe. After a break and some squabbling from the judges, it's finally revealed: Syesha is safe, and Chikezie is going home.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us