Anyone going to see 10000 BC

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8351
Im going tonight...I cant wait...should be pretty impressive on the special effects...hopefully the story line is good as well

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19227
no time this weekend. i'll probably go see it next weekend.

i can't wait til it comes out on blu-ray though. the sound effects is suppose to be awesome. i get to really put my ht setup to the test.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7229
I'm thinking about going to see it but I'm gonna be pretty busy all weekend so I don't know.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8353
well ill be sure to give my reviews...and yeah Chad I love home theater too

Gold Member

Post Number: 7236
A home theatre is only good when it's better sound and picture than going to the movies and that's not that hard to pull off haha. Plus, you don't have all the ignorant people around you making noise and distractions to ruin it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19231
yeah exactly rob. i prefer the sound from my home theater over movie theater. yes the volume is nice and loud at the theater but at home you get the peace and quiet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7239
My brother's home theater destroys the sound of most theaters around here in both picture quality and sound. It's really loud too.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19232
well mine is loud but i just can't crank it up. i have to think of others.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8356
Well I dont have the hi def screen I just have a reg 27 inch tv I bought like 3 years ago and I just have a regular dvd player but down the road I want to add a hi def tv and a blueray player (ps3) and then build a homemade subwoofer and a new reciever...I have a old onkyo 424 dolby surround reciever (not 5.1) and cerwin vega dx 7's with a 12's mid's and high's for my fronts... they are four ohm speakers but play fine on my onkyo and then for my center channel I have a advent dual 5.25 setup with a tweeter and for rears I have advent mini 5.25's with a tweeter then for my subwoofer I have a 10 inch onkyo ported box with a built in 120 watt amp and while these arent the best brands it does sound pretty good and gets pretty loud...in case your wondering why advent...I used to have advent prodigy towers in place of the cerwin vegas...it was back when I thought the bose 301's were good and the advent prodigys sounded better for $100 less a set...it was only later that I learned they were made by the same people who made jensen...but to listen to them you wouldnt know it...and they had very good imaging...they had one eight and a tweeter but sounded like they had a mid in there

Gold Member

Post Number: 8357
Rob..."A home theatre is only good when it's better sound and picture than going to the movies and that's not that hard to pull off haha. Plus, you don't have all the ignorant people around you making noise and distractions to ruin it."

yeah I know what you mean about noises and distractions they can be annoying but I love the huge movie theater screen and it has pretty good resoloution...not to mention you dont have to wait for it to come out to rent it

Chad..."well mine is loud but i just can't crank it up. i have to think of others."

me too...I live in a apartment building and the lady below me wouldnt like it very much if I cranked it up

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19236
i live in a house sean but i rented out one of the room cause i don't need a whole house by myself. also it helps pay the rent.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19237
btw the reasons i like my ht over movie theaters.

i already have a 92" screen for my projector.
i can drink beer.
i can eat real food.
i could be having s3x while watching.
i could lay down and watch.
so much more.....lol.

only advantage for me to go to the theater is if i want to watch the movie when it first came out. but seeing how fast the movies come out on dvd these days, i'll wait.

honestly only reason i would go to the theater is if i am with a girl and there really isn't much to do or i don't feel like spending too much money.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8358
a 92" screen...nice

"only advantage for me to go to the theater is if i want to watch the movie when it first came out."

thats the main reason I go to the movie theater

Gold Member

Post Number: 7242
"a 92" screen...nice

"only advantage for me to go to the theater is if i want to watch the movie when it first came out."

thats the main reason I go to the movie theater"

Same my brother has. He has a ceiling mounted projector and the works. He has the most comfortable recliners with massagers built in too and cup holders, it's the sh1t!

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1646
Just get a good bootleg.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19238
i need to get a new projector though. one which supports blu-ray. i bought my infocus projector like 5 years ago. lol. but its still clean. i just can't watch tru blu-ray format cause the projector only goes up to 1080i.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2233
my dad is wanting to get into ht. so he went and bought like a 72in samsung DLP mirror thing.. he shows up with it.. randomly.. considering he just bought a sony 61inch or something like that about 2 years ago.. oh well i got the old tv.. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2303
got a free movie pass just might have to go this weekend...

i'm definitely a movie kind of guy. got a nice little HT setup in my room. i can just d/l a movie, convert to divx, transfer to my external HD, and play it right off my ps3 :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19244
damn eric you got all. you are the best man.

www.ericisthebest.com

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14663
Damn Eric, that's alot of work in converting. Somehow though you made it sound simple lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8361
Rob..."Same my brother has. He has a ceiling mounted projector and the works. He has the most comfortable recliners with massagers built in too and cup holders, it's the sh1t!"

nice...now thats a home theater setup haha

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14669
I've been looking into projectors for quite some time myself. I'm just intimidated by the $$ you have to shell out for a decent picture brightness/lumens. Not to mention the picture quality during daylight hours.

I really want one for the huge screen size though ya know lol?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8362
Chase Freeman...my dad is wanting to get into ht. so he went and bought like a 72in samsung DLP mirror thing.. he shows up with it.. randomly.. considering he just bought a sony 61inch or something like that about 2 years ago.. oh well i got the old tv.. lol.

cant complain about that

Eric..."i can just d/l a movie, convert to divx, transfer to my external HD, and play it right off my ps3"

are you saying you can play the movie right from the hard drive connected to your ps3...I didnt no you could do that

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19249
paul with a projector you can rule out watching it with any kinda light in that room.

my room can be pitch dark anytime i want it too. you can't even see the hand in front of your face. lol.

i really want another sub in the room but because of my tenant, i can't. i am thinking of kicking him out early next year. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8363
ok...now my movie review of 10000 BC...in a word it stinks...ok two words haha...the movie was drug out with ocassional action filled moments and some decent scenes that you could take in the special effects (mostly because of the lack of action in the movie) and the movie was pretty predictable and I could tell you why but that would give away what little story line there is to this movie...my advice wait to see it on video if you must see it...or if you do go see it give us your review

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14673
Yeah I hear ya. I want brightness/clarity equal to my tv yet on a 7' screen size. (Or at least close). THAT'S expensive. I just wonder how long it's gonna be b4 what I want is less than a grand.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14674
^^^To Chad's post.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19255
the screen is important too paul. i spent 600 bux on a screen made by this company called da-lite. the background is light grey and its just hangs on the wall. not the one you roll up or something.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14679
$600 on a screen?

Tell me more dude lol.

Why can't I achieve the same results on a wall?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15373
You are going to need a specialty type of paint if you are going to use your wall. The thing with projectors is that you lose light when the image is projected onto a screen if there are not enough reflective material on the screen itself.

Try doing a search on "screen goo".

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14680
Well outside light isn't a factor for me. My gameroom is below grade and very little light if any comes through the small windows. I've been impressed with the projectors I've seen some of our presentators use for meetings and conventions. Even with the lights on it threw a picture bright enough for 50 ppl to see 25' away. We use Dell projectors. Now dim the lights and you're there.

I guess I'm also worried about longevity. With gaming and my son's constant use I wonder about bulb life even though ppl say that's 10,000's of hours.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15380
Gaming should not be done on a projector. That is a lot of bulb hours wasted.

Get him a separate TV for gaming...that's what I do.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14689
Shucks. The Wii is downstairs in the gameroom.

I guess I could always pretend to be rich and buy a 52" flat screen on the wall and have a pull down screen in front of it for the projector lol.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1622
^^^lmao.

My friends dad has that. Where theres an LCD tv and then u can pull the projector screen down over it to watch movies and whatnot.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14752
My brother-in-law just bought a 52" Samsung from Sears. 2 years no interest payments. After employee discount he got it for $1800. Thing is freaking amazing. Paul had an itchy trigger finger that day lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7253
I saw it on Saturday early so it was only 5 bucks. I'd say the movie was alright at best. I would not have been happy if I had paid 10 bucks to see it. Like Sean said, it's a bit too drawn out and slow paced and the action isn't even very good. I love how they pretty much stole a huge part of 300. I wouldn't recommend that anyone go and see it at theaters.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14755
Wow. I guess another case of over promoting?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15395
One review does not make the movie. I want to hear more.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14761
Well alot was said about the recent King Kong movie. I personally loved it. It was just as far away from the original script as needed yet enhanced by today's technology in special effects. Plus my kids could watch it and be entertained.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8381
Yeah I liked the new King Kong for pretty much the same reasons Paul. And the special effects were very nice with just a tad of pushing the limits (once in a while) where you could see the flaws. One of my favorite parts of the movie is the dinasuar chase scene. Its 2 minutes 1 second in on this clip

http://movies.aol.com/movie/king-kong-2005/19886/video/trailer-no-1/1359172

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2305
Sean - yup that is what i do. ps3's can only read certain formats though. usually everything i get is .avi type, then coding a movie only takes about a quarter of its length. transferring to my external HD takes less than a minute. very handy to bring around to friends houses and such :-)

Paul - its very simple. few clicks and maybe a couple flash games to pass the time haha.

Chad - thank you. you are in fact the man.

www.chadleeistheman.org

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 2946
always skeptical about remakes, but I too thought the latest King Kong film was phenomenal!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us