How do YOU describe a High School student?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1045
Ok guys, I need to get other peoples opinions on "what a high school student is" or how they would be described. It's a little project for class, so if you could just give a short sentence or even a few words that would be awesome. And if you want to go more in depth, what was your opinion of HS students when you were in HS, If you are still in high school, maybe what you opinion was when you were in 8th grade or just before HS. If you want to include your occupation to that would be cool, but you obviously dont have to. Thanks in advanced for any comments.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4359
highschool were the "cool older kids" when i was in 8th grade. we thought they were all bullies, haha. im a college student now, fyi.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15203
A high school student know everything that is wrong with the world and has all the solutions.

With all this knowledge in his or her possession, they are terribly misunderstood and blames the "institution" for not being able to understand them.

They are strong in their belief and passionate about what they know. And because they possess the solution to the world's problems, any and all adult opposition, no matter how firmly based in logic, will be taken as an attempt to hold them back.

They are feeling the first vestiges of independence and freedom of choice. Any adult interference is again viewed as another attempt at being kept from their true potential and calling.

Most of them work hard to prove themselves and most do well. They go into professions that they think will be in line with their beliefs. Unfortunately some get stuck in a rut and in a job they hate.

Before they know it, they are the same exact adult they despised with a high school kid of their own:-)

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1047
Thanks guys, this will help. Anyone else???

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2318
90% are completely fake and only try to impress those who truly do not care about them.

Everything that Berny said.

And surprisingly, more and more immature.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6010
One word:

-Broke

oh wait, thats college students :-(
(me)

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2323
I didn't think you were a college student...hmpf

I'm in the same boat bro:-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15215
"And surprisingly, more and more immature."

I don't believe they are...it just seems that way because you are getting older. :-)

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2324
Could be that too Berny, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4078
A high school kid's intention is very simple

to become popular and stay there get the hottest girl/boy in school and do something that people will remember and also know everything and anything and never being wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4372
also own the coolest/nicest things... maintain a key persona to be remembered by... pranks... hate school and think theyve learned all they need because they are doing a particular major or what to be a particular something

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4080
oh how i miss hs college sux lol no money booo more responsibility

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1050
"know everything and anything and never being wrong"

I know what you mean, I am still in high school and sometime I catch myself acting that way when im talking with people about something I like. I hate high school, but soon I will be out lol.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2030
"I don't believe they are...it just seems that way because you are getting older."

Man, I gotta disagree. I'm in grade 10 now and the new grade 9s are far more immature than we were. We weren't the most mature but we certainly weren't THAT bad.

A highschool student:
-Attends a highschool.

Your average highschool student:
-Seems to be a complete d!ck.
-Overconfident.
-Immature.
-Disrespectful.
-As stated, is always right.
-Has opinions that are quite often based on a small amount of information; false or even non-existent.
-Refuses to accept that other people have opinions that are different from their own.
-Believes they have completed their journey to adulthood and will not strive to improve themselves.
-Follows everyone else while claiming to be individual.
-Has the farthest from an open mind one could ever possess.

It's sad. Cool people are hard to come by.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13999
High school student = young, dumb and full of kum

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14221
I'm from a small town 20 minutes outside of Pittsburgh. Not much going on. My folks moved to Jersey as I was entering high school. Willingboro. A predominately black school. Sports for me was out. That's not a racist statement, but fact. I can't run, jump, or shoot hoops to save my life against those who are physically gifted for it. I played football, for about a year and a half. Hung up my cleats. I was a tadpole swimming amongst alligators, and I was 6'2" 200lbs.

So I took up vocational courses. Loved it. Carpentry, plumbing, electrical all came easy to me. My first job was as a carpenter's apprentice for my Carpentry teacher on the weekends, full time after I graduated. Learned TONS.

Today I'm still in the field of construction but now I work on a pc designing million dollar homes and wishing I could afford one lol.

To me a high school student can either take what's given/fed to them by counselors and parents or evaluate for themselves what THEY want in life and run with it. You're gonna fall every once in awhile, who doesn't?

I don't regret not going to college, even though it's a prerequisite for some "echelon" postions. I jumped right into the world and don't ever intend to look back on it, diploma or not.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8738
High school student always wants to get out of high school and jump into college asap.....funny thing is though, once they get to college, most of them want to go back to high school for various reasons.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14244
Good analogy Yanks lol. Kinda like when a fetus turns into a baby and fights its' way out, then, years later, tries desperately to get back in...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15218
Quote :

"Man, I gotta disagree. I'm in grade 10 now and the new grade 9s are far more immature than we were. We weren't the most mature but we certainly weren't THAT bad. "

Now that is one funny statement. It's funny how you can judge someone else's maturity by being a grade higher.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1526
Im a senior and i cant wait to get the fu<k out. I'm sick of of alot of people and cant wait to graduate and never have to see some for the rest of my life. nuff said...

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8741
Its funny Steven, I can bet you that this time next year, you will look back and say to yourself, I wish I were back in HS. I said the exact same thing your saying right now a year ago. And right now, I'd give my left nut to go back and re-do all of HS.

Username: Lightclouds

Post Number: 1
High school students are those who going to college.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1605
HS was fun, sure do miss the lack of responsibility.

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1056
I dont think I will miss high school, but I will probably miss being this age.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 2047
"Now that is one funny statement. It's funny how you can judge someone else's maturity by being a grade higher."

I can judge someone's maturity no matter which grade I'm in. That has no bearing whatsoever. I will tell you that I was more mature than they are.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15251
If you say so, man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1533
lol yanks. I probobly will but some of what i said is really true. I can see myself looking back and wishing I was there because in all of high school I never studied and pretty much slacked off and got by with ok grades. Next year I wont be able to do that so I will miss that. As far as everything else....fu<k it all I just wanna get out.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2246
I miss High School so much. I wasn't popular, par say, but I played drums, basketball, skated and was a class clown so I got along with everyone. Everyone (for the most part) knew me and if I needed help, I got it and vise versa. I got along with all my teachers and I still go over and hang out with one of my Bio teachers and my drafting teacher.
High School is a time where 95% of people try to fit in with a group of people, be the best at something and make sure everyone knows, have the best looking guy or girl and be able to do nothing but get everything in return.
When you become a senior, in my case anyway, you realize that life, as you know it is almost gone. No more set schedule, no more seeing your friends everyday, no more getting by without putting in the work.

Bronze Member
Username: Amish

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 45
A young person discovering who they are as a person, what they want and how to co exist with others.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3491
Snug, shaven, and easily influenced.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15263
Snug???

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 2061
Smug?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15266

I thought he was referring to High School students being all comfy and sh!t! LOL!

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

USF, FL USA

Post Number: 710
High schoolers are assh0les for the most part! Their spare time involves going home in buses and making me wait in a huge line behind their assh0le bus, the ones that drive tail gait me while I'm already going 10 over when I leave early to miss the buses, they completely close off the movies/Wendy's/Chick-Fil-a/Starbucks on Friday and Saturday night.

Plus the last two years of highschool are a useless countdown to graduation and better things.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

New quote coming soon, North carolina

Post Number: 943
^chic fil a is closed off because its such a great place and the food is great

and thier shakes are better than dq shakes.:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1585
^^^^^eh, eff you lol.

Or chick fil a is so full of cars because the people that work their suck and have slow azz service
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us