Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 412
sonics got f'd on this deal

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18610
well if you look at it immidiate then yes they did. but sonics are looking ahead to the future. they want to build around durant.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18611
btw all these trades made this season so much more fun. lol.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 413
they sure are - i dont see why the sonics got rid of allen though - terrible mistake

i think the bulls and cavs both improved

durant is young and skinny haha - but i think he will be a great scorer

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 2844
Chad i agree, this season is really exciting right now, the playoffs are gonna be NUTS!!!

Cavaliers get:
Bulls F/C Ben Wallace
Bulls F Joe Smith
Bulls 2009 2nd-round pick
Sonics F Wally Szczerbiak
Sonics G Delonte West

Bulls get:
Cavaliers F Drew Gooden
Cavaliers G Larry Hughes
Cavaliers F Cedric Simmons
Cavaliers G Shannon Brown

Sonics get:
Cavaliers F Ira Newble
Cavaliers F Donyell Marshall
Bulls F Adrian Griffin

I LOVE this trade for my Bulls. I find it funny actually that Ben Wallace is considered the center piece of this trade by so many people. By all means, take him. He was supposed to be revitalized when he came to the Bulls, i've seen him play a ton of games, and several in person, HE DOESNT HAVE IT ANYMORE. The Cavs gave us maybe their 2nd and 3rd best players? Seriously?

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 415
ben wallace is a force on defense but is a liability on offense.

hughes is terrible though - i think a bigger disappointment to the cavs than wallace was to the bulls

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 825
you have the cavs situation all wrong. lebron is obviously their number one. behind him is Ilgauskas because of the fact that he is much more reliable than hughes. hughes would take the third spot. then you have a throw up between gooden and varejao with varejao having much more upside than gooden so i would give him the four.
the cavs have some injuries right now but i think their lineup will eventually look like this
G Delonte West
G Daniel Gibson
C Zydrunas Ilgauskas
F Lebron James
F Wally Szczerbiak/Ben Wallace could be a toss up on any given night.

wallace and wally will both benefit, each coming from a situation where neither was on a team who had a player who demands the kind of attention that lebron does. this will take pressure off them and give them more open looks.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 416
hughes was a huge let down for 12 mil a year - he absolutely sucked

who knows what they will do with the lineup, but i would do something like this:

gibson
lebron
wally
wallace
big z

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2277
gibson is out 6 weeks badly sprained ankle

Gold Member

Post Number: 2847
"ben wallace is a force on defense but is a liability on offense."

FORMERLY a force on defense. His blocks/game & boards/game are the lowest they've been since 2000. And more important than the stats, he has lost some explosiveness, he is not the dominant shot blocker/rebounder he once was. I have seen it in person, younger players do not fear going to the basket on him in the slightest, because there isn't a reason to anymore.

His points/game are also down although he was never much of a scorer.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13901
The Cavs got the best right now out of the deal by alot...They can strech the floor with all the shooters they got now...it will be hard to stop them..they maybe the team to beat in the east now :-(

The Bulls got a bad deal...nobody in the trade is gonna help there team right now, or in the near future..It seems like they are rebuilding already, but they where like a 2 or 3 seed in the playoffs like 2 or 3 years ago

The Sonics are looking at the future, im sure all these guys have expiring contracts so they will drop them in the off season and be able to get a key free agent or 2...

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 598
i wonder when r they goin to update the fukin roster on NBA2K8 for xbox360, there slackin. those fuggers!!!

Silver Member
Username: Kewinn89

G-Bay, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 213
Ben Wallace is not a PF he's a Center and he's making all of that money and he probably want even start

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18612
best trade this year has to be gasol coming to the lakers. lakers gave up next to nothing for him. lol. i think it has alot to do with the fact that jerry west is the gm for memphis.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18613
forgot to mention, lakers also has the right to marc gasol next year.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 418
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/

NEW STARTING LINEUP?

Delonte West | Guard
Ht: 6-3
Wt: 180
Stats: 6.8 points, 2.7 rebounds, 3.2 assists

Scouting report: A lefty who is a good pick-and-roll player. Can also hit the outside shot. Not great but an adequate point guard.

LeBron James | Forward
Ht: 6-8
Wt: 250
Stats: 30.2 points, 8.1 rebounds, 7.5 assists

Wally Szczerbiak | Forward
Ht: 6-7
Wt: 245
Stats: 13.1 points, 2.7 rebounds, 1.4 assists

Scouting report: A catch-and-shoot player who will nail the open shot. Should get plenty of looks when LeBron James is double-teamed. Also has a decent postup game. Probably a liability on defense.

Ben Wallace | Center/forward}
Ht: 6-9
Wt: 240
Stats: 5.1 points, 8.8 rebounds, 1.8 assists

Scouting report: Tough, rugged and a solid rebounder. Championship and playoff ready. Knows how to win. Does not mind the dirty work.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas | Center
Ht: 7-3
Wt: 260
Stats: 13.6 points, 9.6 rebounds, 1.5 assists

so i guess i was probably right - if gibson didnt sprain his ankle the other night

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 419
the lakers made out nice on that deal

Silver Member

Post Number: 827
daniel...that is a beat writers take on what the lineup couldbe...which probably is not that far off, but you gotta know that when gibson is back in 6 weeks he will be in the backcourt with delonte west

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 420
i honestly dont think so...with gibson, lebron, and west, there would be too many guards and have a small lineup.

gibson has better numbers than west so i think it would be gibson starting at PG when he returns.

gibson (when hes back)
lebron
wally
big ben
big z

Gold Member

Post Number: 2851
I can't wait until a month or two from now when all the Lebron fans will STILL be complaining that his supporting cast isn't good enough.

Delonte West...ROFL, you're talking about a guy who wasn't even a starter, for the SONICS!!!! Wally is a pretty good shooter, and that's where his story ends unfortunately, cuz he doesn't do sh!t else. Ben Wallace is past his prime, overpaid and underproducing. Joe Smith is the best player they got outta this trade, but not enough to make it worth it.

With Larry Hughes, injuries are injuries, what can you say. But when he HAS played he's been completely underrated by Lebron fans because the Cavs have held him back. He and Lebron have always clashed stylistically. They play the same position and Larry doesn't get the ball enough. He shines when you give him the ball so he can roll off picks and stuff. Week or so ago against Orlando, they feed him a little, and he goes off for 40 points on an efficient 12/19 spree.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 421
clash or not larry hughes does not play like a player that deserves 12 mil a year

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18629
^^^^yep.

hey guys i just subscribed to nba league pass on my directtv. i hope its worth it. lol.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 422
sounds sweet chad - i only have regular cable

Gold Member

Post Number: 2853
how much did it run you Chadley? We thought about getting the NBA/NFL packages from Comcast DC but the prices were ridunk

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18647
its 24 bux a month for 4 months. so around 100 bux. i'll get to see 18 more home lakers games along with some other games so its cool.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 423
sounds like a good deal to me

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18663
yeah. nothing like watching my favorite team on hd. lol.

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 428
espn is now saying the lakers are the best in the league - im sure you like that

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18675
oh yeah. i was watching sports center the other day and everyone is saying the lakers are the team to beat.

at first it was the lakers will go deep in the playoffs. now its the lakers will win the west and pretty much win it all. once bynum returns, they will be unstoppable.

the thing about gasol coming is that kobe is playing better cause he is happy. kobe is shooting 60% these days.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4337
"F Wally Szczerbiak/Ben Wallace could be a toss up on any given night"

szczerbiak playing POWER FORWARD?!

Silver Member

Post Number: 828
ha yeah, surround lebron with jump shooters. i said that yesterday and they were talking about today on espn. im not the only one thinking that way. i mean wally shoots 43 percent from beyond the arc.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4340
yeah but he is so undersized in the post. offensively? good call. defensively? they'll get rocked.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 3227
Bulls are whooping the thuggets right now. They started Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah. And dont have any of the players from the trade playing tonight.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18710
guys i ordered the nba league pass today when i was at work. i just got home and let me just say it is awesome. i can watch all the games that are going on in the nba. damn man. i am loving this.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18711
well not all the games. lol. but the good ones.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2854
man i haven't seen a more exciting Bulls game in a while!! I think the last like 10 FGs in a row have been threes

Bulls 130
Nuggets 119

1:30 to go!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2855
135 - 121 BULLS!!!

Da Bulls delivered an azz whoopin to a strong western conference team despite being severely short-handed due to the trade delay. Think the players are trying to show us how they feel about the trade? See ya in the playoffs:-)

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 625
lol i still wonder when they are goin to update the online roster on NBA2K8 for 360.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18720
nice pit. lol.

man i don't know what to watch. lol. so many games on tonight. i can watch alot of it. hahahahaha.

but looks like ima watch the big diesel take on the celtics.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 3236
pfffttt. Watch the Blazers so you ca see what your up against next week. :-) They're not hittin shots right now but they are a great 2nd half team and the best 4th quarter team in the NBA.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18723
the blazers are getting spanked right now jesse. lol. i am going from game to game. lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13904
For some reason I feel like the Rockets are going to do really well in the playoffs ;)

The Bulls are not going to make the playoffs, they got worse with the trade

The Cavs did exactly what they had to do surround Lebron with shooters...they have the inside outside threat you need in the nba to win..

But all i can say is Nobody is talking about the NBA Champion Spurs?? They are still the team to beat ;)

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 429
the spurs are sick^^^

the cavs have to start wally because he is probably the best 3 point shooter on the team.

they will double team lebron and he will kick it out. the cavs are definately more dangerous but the stones are the beasts of the east.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18726
detroit will have it easy in the playoffs. a team that has below .500 record is going to go the playoffs. what a joke. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2857
that happens like every year in the east chad.

Silver Member

Post Number: 837
cleveland may be playing memphis tonight, but they are looking really good.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4079
doesnt matter the celts are still the best

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18859
^^^^^they just dropped 3 in a row.

also they dont' have the depth to get far in the playoffs. they will either lose at the hands of the cavs or the pistons.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us