IPod and iTunes

Silver Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 342
Was wondering if anyone knew what the software to transfer songs from your iPod to a computer was called. And the software that lets you have more than one iPod on a computer without any problems.
Was also wondering what I'd have to do to get DVDs, originals, burned onto my iPod. My computer has a DVD burner.
Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14692
There are plenty of iPod hacks all over the net. Put "iPod Hack" into a search engine and you will get plenty of hits.

When you say more than one iPod, are you talking about multiple iPods all at once? I haven't had any problems with my iTunes and I sometimes plug in 4 iPods all at once. But before you can do that you have to ensure that all the iPod music is being managed manually and none is on automatic mode.

Before you can rip DVDs, you first need to get around the copy protection. Having a DVD burner has nothing to do with being able to rip DVDs. Then you need a converter to change what you just ripped to MPEG-4.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1864
Ho-K.

Winamp. That will solve all of your problems regarding iPods. The built in iPod plugin is getting better, but it's still terrible. This is where ML_iPod comes in and saves the day.
http://www.winamp.com/player
http://mlipod.sourceforge.net/

Now, for DVDs, there are plenty of rippers, but I used DVD Decrypter. I haven't done it in forever, so that's all I remember.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1906
use Magic DVD Ripper for DVD's. Works great and you can tell it to rip the DVD into the format to put it onto your iPod. No extra work

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14700
Here's a review of the Magic DVD Ripper

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Reviews/r1898.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
Alright thanks guys.
I'll try those programs out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 344
Does anyone know about how many megabytes a movie like say Superbad is? I ask about that one because it seems to be about the average movie time, or a little more (118 minutes) and that's the only movie I'd put on for sure.
Thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14717
Depends on the compression. If you encode it in DiVx in 576 x 376 format it will be about 1.5 GB on the average.

Silver Member

Post Number: 351
Thanks Berny.
Not sure if I'll put any movies on, maybe one when I need it for a trip or something.

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
Can I delete indivudual photos from a folder I upload onto my iPod?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14750
Nope...that's one thing I hate. You have to edit separate photos before uploading the folder.

I'm sure there are people who know how to do it, I just haven't found it yet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 357
Just took me ~20 min to get 29 photos I liked together...
Not much I like about iTunes lol
IMO it's not easy at all to use.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14756
Not good for pics. That feature is more of an afterthought. Music and video player first...pics...not so much!

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1994
why don't you just put all the photos you want into one folder, then upload it to itunes/ipod via the "itunes photo cache" folder?

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
I did, but it took awhile to move all the indivudual photos from one folder to my "iPod" one. I had to go into the folder copy the picture then paste it in the iPod folder...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us