Careful Driving Through Jersey!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12688
Got this sent to me through work recently.

If you drive on Jersey roads or intend to soon be careful. They're on a rampage again. I hate this state.

A partner in the law firm Roy works for sent this out and it appears legit. Take it easy out there!

I do not know if you're interested but just in case!

Starting today, New Jersey will launch a 30 day speeding ticket frenzy.
The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers' overtime. There will be
50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways. They are the following:

> I-295 north and south
> 1-95 (Jersey Turnpike) north and south
> 1-80 east and west
> I-287 north and south
> I-78 east and west
> 1-195 east and west
> 1-280 east and west
> Rt. 130 north and south
> Garden State Parkway north and south

5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is
supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 to 20 minutes.
They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and are
bringing in all of their part timers on full time. If you work in NJ, NY,
DE or CT you will probably take one of these highways. It's up to you
how fast you are going when they clock you.

101.5 FM confirmed all of this. So be safe and don't forget speeding
tickets are on you.

Driving Ticket fine increase in NJ:

Starting on August 15th, the price of a ticket for violation of NJ
Law39:3-29 (failure to show your driver's license, registration, or
insurance card at the time you are stopped) is going from $44.00 to
$173.00. Please make sure your vehicles have the proper documents in
them. If you jump in the car to run to the store and forget your wallet
with your license in it and you are stopped.... Oh well... you just spent $173.
And the fine for not having all three documents is $519!!!

Forward to people in NJ, and let them know of this change. And be careful, the fine for hand held cell phone use while driving will be
going up to $180.00.

Stay safe,
T

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

RD 1000.1D with SI MAG...

Post Number: 17319
thanks for the heads up paul. this is one of the reasons why we need more people like you paul. you are always looking out for us. you are one of the coolest man. i doubt i'll ever drive through jersey in my lifetime but i know if i ever do, i'll be careful.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 802
Pauls love for us FTW!!!

I'm glad nothing like that is going on by me.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12690
I've already seen the extra police traffic.

Bottom line is that if everyone obeyed the law and all that revenue was lost then they would lower the speed limit. They would mask it behind a "slower is safer" campaign. My taxes go up, cost of gas goes up, utilities, phone, insurance, you name it, all get a raise. Then when our corrupt state officials realize the huge gap in the budget they turn to the good old DMV.

Those same roads in which they plan on attacking for "traffic violations" are also the ones in question about turning into toll roads. This state will stop at nothing for a buck. They're also doubling the tolls on all the bridges. Imagine having to pay $8 each day to go to work.

There's a town in North Jersey that actually passed a law prohibiting the release of smoke into the air. (Fireplaces) Rumor has it it was initiated by the gas companies because of the rising number of ppl trying to supplement their heating by burning wood. Can you imagine burning a fire in your own home in your fireplace a fine worthy act?????

When you find a way around the BS the BS finds its' way back to you. I gotta get outta here.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1748
Sh!t, you guys. That's fu<kin' terrible. People down there put up with this? That's cause to clear out, in my opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1394
dammmm im lucky i dont live down there, im up here in mass and already got 5 speeding tickets in less then a year.

thanks anyways paul, you never know when your gonna go on a road trip.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12713
Did I forget the exit tax we have? If you sell your home and try to move outside the state they impose an "exit" tax that ultimately fugs you in the azz on your way out.

Then there's the inactive bank account law. If there's a bank account without activity for 3 years(used to be 10) then all funds become property of the state. This includes accounts from those deceased. If there's a mistake it's up to you to provide proof to the state that you're still alive and try to get your money back.

I have savings accounts I forgot about that I had to verify and account for before the state would take them.

Greedy SOB's.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1751
Wow. I'd just hightail it outta the country. I wouldn't pay them to leave. Fu<k that. No way in hell. Free country my @ss.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 792
awwwwwwww......dat sux man...i take i-95 everyday

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12719
Careful if you do man.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5770
NJs major highways are known for being speedtraps......... I see cops EVERY time I drive through that state. Which thankfully isn't real often. They're also known to target out of state people as they're less likely to contest tickets and just pay them.

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1751
That's outrageous! Thanks for the info Paul. Do the Highway patrol officers wear gestapo insignias on their uniform? They should. Sounds like the NJ is a prison! Here on my island, we supplement our county income by ticketing only tourists!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us