Mechanics....tell me whats wrong

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16743
for the past couple of weeks, my car started to make another kinda noise. lol. i know i know, again.

anyways here is goes.

when i start to drive away in the morning, i hear knocking sounds coming from the front left tire area. it goes "knock knock knock". later it don't make no more sound.

also i get that knocking noise sometimes when i make a U-turn kinda fast. its loud sometimes. like something is breaking. no its not my tires rubbing cause i know how that sounds.

anyways i came to a conclusion it could be the sping. i have tein coil overs and maybe the front one went bad. i hope that is the problem cause it would be cheap to fix that.

i am just hoping it has nothing to do with the rack and pinion. we all know how pricey that can be. lol.

so what do you guys think?

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1119
What kind of car, orthers may know what it is but I am clueless.

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16747
its for a 2005 honda accord coupe. v6 manual transmission.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5750
chad is it when you turn the wheel not moving, or just when the car is moving and you turn a corner or u turn?

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16761
its when my car is moving and i turn the corner or a u turn. when the car is sitting still, no noise.

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16762
sometimes i wish i just kept my car stock. things i change seems to make a problem later on.

like the system made alot of parts loose in the car. changing the springs and rims and all that just seem to make my car worse. damn.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14255
Have the CV joints or drive shafts checked. They probably need replacing.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5753
yup sounds like cv joints. look inside of your front wheels look at the boots on the indside and outside of the cv joints. if they are spitting grease, torn, or non existant sh;t gets in and fuccks up the bearings and stuff. i think auto shops charge around 250 a side. is it just one side or both?

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16767
yeah i noticed alot of grease from that side. its just one side.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14258
It doesn't matter which side, when one goes, the other is going to follow. Replace them both. Happens a lot more quickly on lowered cars.

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16768
well looks like when i get my steering wheel pump rebuilt next saturday, i'll have them fix the cv joints also.

i googled it and did some studying. the symptoms really seem like the cv joints. hopefully it can just be repacked (got that from google. don't know wtf it means to reapack the boot. lol.).

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16769
just want to thank everyone that helped me. you guys are the best. this goes for others in other threads i've made in the past about car problems.

one thing i must say is that this forum is full of smart people in all aspects of life. i have learned alot.

2 things that i am gonna take care of. that is the steering pump and the cv joints. then i should be stress free.

btw my brakes have gone bad. so that too. lol. still cheaper than buying a new car. after all my car only has 40,000 miles on it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us