Torn ACL's SUCK

Username: Beauh

BratislavaSlovakia

Post Number: 1
Wow torn ACL's what more can an athlete want? yeah right this sucks so much im only 14 and ive torn my ACL and damaged my meniscus i dont mind so much around the meniscus because the doctor said it would heal i na matter of 6 weeks

but what really sucks is the ACL i cant have Surgery unntil the growth plates are done and they sai atleast 2 year thats gonna hurt my activity and i love Football =( all i head was this loud pop and my knee gave in and it was the most pain i have ever felt even more than bones and when it happend i heard it go straight up my body and i gave in and i my friend next to was like whats wrong and i said did you hear that and he said nope i said sh*t i think i tore my ACL man it hurts

and the thing is im not afraid of the surgery i wish more than anything that i can have it now but its not safe at all and especially because im living overseas because my dad is in the military and here where we are stationed the hospitals suck ( in Slovakia ) yep and like i said its not the surgery that bothers me its the 2 years that im not going to be able to do football at the best of my ability i will have to wear a brace.

and i have one question im going to get a brace from DonJoy to support my knee i want to know if this will allow me to play to my top physical ability and will it actualy keep my knee/leg stable? also after surgery i heard rehab sucks but thats ok but after reconstruction is the ACL more prone to getting injuries again or is it the same as it was before i tore it?

thanks for your time

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3458
you will not be able to play at your top physical ability with a torn acl...

BratislavaSlovakia

Post Number: 2
ahhh &^&*(*()$$ and how do you know this? has it happened to you?

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1624
Yeah. If you wanna go into the knees lets go. haha. I have osgood slaughters disease, patella femoral disorder and discoid meniscus, I've torn my ACL and ripped my minicsus up in my left knee. Two surgerys later... It still hurts like a b!tch. I really hate to say it but you will never be able to play like you have before. My injurys took me out of basketball after my freshman season. When I stand up after crouching you can here my miniscus crunch between my bones.

Surgery helps but, for me, it didn't make it right. I had arthroscopic surgery to repair both the ACL and the miniscus. My knee still locks up DAILY, I can't run fast, balance on my left leg, make sudden stops while moving fast or take a hard right turn, using my left foot to pivot. I wear a brace with metal bars on the side that help it from buckling when playing softball and it does help but it doesn't take the pain away.

The surgery isn't a must but for a younger person it is nice to have. Especially if you plan on doing a lot on it (besides walking, jogging etc).

Rehad is a b!tch. It seems like the therapist makes you do stuff just so she can laugh at you as you hurt.

I know I made it sound HORRIBLE but it isn't. You can still do all the normal daily things and it may or may not lock up on you. Just take it easy till you have surgery, assuming you do.

I wish I could find the pics of the inside of my knee that were taken. Pretty cool. Anyway, hope I didnt scare you and I hope I answered some questions you had. Good luck bro

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1625
rehab*

BratislavaSlovakia

Post Number: 4
yeah man sounds like you have it worse for me so im greatful i mean its torn now and amazingly i can still walk and run even without a brace but not at top speeds and i was the fastest kid in my school to =( oh well and yeh and maybe every like week or so if i do a wierd motion it buckles up but very rarely and i dont have any pain what so ever so yeh

well even if Rehab is a b1tch i hope the doctor is a hot young chick haha

nahh man dont worry its not worrying me i watched some vids on the surgery it looks so cool except the part where they take a graft from a tendon dats kinda wierd haha

but yeah you answered alot of the questions i had and nah im not scared its all cool. thanks man and also i hope dat doctors can find a way to make ur knee better totaly cuz it seemed like u were doing good in basketball =/

peace

BratislavaSlovakia

Post Number: 5
have it worse than me*

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2329
my dad tore his and claims he feels the knee he tore it in is stronger than the other one. Granted he's old and I guess he had a sweet surgeon, but idk, i guess thats kinda cool

BratislavaSlovakia

Post Number: 6
cool i guess it just depends on the person

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

I support the Zac Davi..., Chicago

Post Number: 2538
Yeah there are plenty of pro athletes that come back from these injuries and are 100% as functional as before. Not saying Andrews case isn't true, I think it just depends on the nature/severity of the injury, and how well the surgery/rehab goes.

Don't give up hope, just be diligent about the rehab and recovery process.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2192
yeah, my friend had surgery on his acl, the first time the best surgeon in Oklahoma did it, hes ou's surgeon and is a surgeon on the olympic team, and is recommended nation wide. surgery went great, no pain after wards, well he tore it again in football, this time another surgeon did it, he has been in pain ever since, i think i big part of it, depends on the surgeon doing the cutting.

BratislavaSlovakia

Post Number: 7
yeah well that raises my spirits a bit cuz i wanted to try and get into the bros but i doubt thatl hapen now but hey you never know =P

yeah it depends on the the person and the surgeon

Gold Member

Post Number: 2193
as far as surgeries go not related to the knee.. im like a walking accident.
5 ankle reconstructions.
1 shoulder scope
1 shoulder reconstruction..

BratislavaSlovakia

Post Number: 8
ahhh sh!t tearin the ACL is the most hardcore thing dats happened to me hahah i only broke my hand twice before and dats it by ermm punching the same dude twice (whistles) hehe but anyway yeah how bad did those hurt?

oh yeah i also had my toncils or tonsels i frgt how to spell them taken out haha yea HARDCORE

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1626
A lot of the pain comes from the cartilage inbetween my bones in my knee.

Discoid miniscus means that your miniscus is a round shape instead of a cresent shape that is supposed to be. The ACL still gives me problems though. Guess I shoulda visited a better doctor

BratislavaSlovakia

Post Number: 9
hmmm yeah well you just gotta take it easy like u told me or just rip it agin and get a good surgeon nahh just joking

so what music do you ppl listen to lol random

Gold Member

Post Number: 2194
rock all the way.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1628
oh yeah. rock.

what bands chase? The only one I remember on the CD in the HU was BTBAM.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2195
i love btbam.
Underoath is my favorite.
As I Lay Dying
Norma Jean
All That Remains.

i like softer stuff too like Cute is what we aim for, and starting line and something corporate.

BratislavaSlovakia

Post Number: 10
erm wat the hell is all dat no offence haha

im hip hop and rap im from da south yeeeeeeee go ALABAMA haha AUBURN TIGERS FOOTBALL

yeah but im all bout rap its my love lol

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3462
you are walking without crutches on a torn acl?

i would refrain from exerting pressure on a torn ligament, but that's just me...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2196
my friend played his junior year in basketball without an acl.. youll be alright, no sudden cuts tho bro. once its torn completley you arent exerting any pressure on it anyways..

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5707
no offense but i find this pretty funny, you join this forum to ask about an injury, why not check into a medical forum?

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

I support the Zac Davi..., Chicago

Post Number: 2540
"no offense but i find this pretty funny, you join this forum to ask about an injury, why not check into a medical forum?"

that was my first thought when i saw this thread was his first post. i'm thinking he googled something about ACL injuries and something came up from a thread here. I vaguely remember there being a thread once about acl or shoulder injuries or something. may have been a chase thread.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2198
yeah that was my thread.. shoulder surgery sucks man. lol hes a refresher for yallsUpload
Upload

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1629
norma jean. oh yeah.

listen to chiodos, TDWP, secret lives, evergreen terrace? Im into them right now... Mayday Parade kicks azz.

damn, that shoulder looks crazy man. bet that was fun.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2199
dude i love chiodos. they were at warped, so was mayday parade, im friends with evergreen terrace on myspace. they are badass too. ive never heard of tdwp, unless ive never abreviated it before..

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1631
the devil wears prada..

They came through here bout 2 months ago with chiodos and alesana.

If I went through all the bands I liked we would be here for forever..

I forgot to mention maylene and the sons of disaster and akissforjersey. We just need a new topic for kickass bands. Screw rap. haha, nothin against ya Bradley Hocevar, I just cant stand it. Except for Cant touch this. Blare that in the Wal-Mart parkin lot and a lot of people will look at ya. haha

Bronze Member

BratislavaSlovakia

Post Number: 11
there are medical forums? sh!t haha i didnt know and yeah ur right i was just googleing and i came across this website and sighned up and just posted this up here ooops lol oh well

but yeah i can walk fine wit it completely torn

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1054
Norma Jean? You all like Botch? SYL? Opeth? Lamb of God? Thank god people actually like music other than rap on this site.

Bronze Member

BratislavaSlovakia

Post Number: 12
huh? i havnt seen anyone wit rap on this site haha but oh well

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1076
You haven't been around. Just go to the music section and you will see.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1644
Norma Jean rocks. I've listened to strapping a little and they are good. If you like the bands you listed above, check out the devil wears prada and catherine.

maylene and the sons of disaster, My Hero is Me, I Am Ghost, and Underoath are all good too, just not as hard

Bronze Member

BratislavaSlovakia

Post Number: 13
lol well who cares wat music we like i dnt judge ppl on wat style or wat music dey r as long as dey are themselfs and dnt try to get in ym face and piss me off and stuff i respect dem

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1652
yeah me neither. I used to hate people that rode around blarin rap but then I realized I do it with rock. haha. to each his own

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1116
Yeah thats true. Gotta represent the stereos.

My new fave is The Faceless. Technical death metal, didn't know there was such a thing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us