Pats vs Giants, whos gonna win?

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 591
I don't know whos taking this one home but I'd like to see the Giants crush'em.

Pats don't deserve a perfect record. Anybody who's watched all their games know that a couple of them were bogus wins. I couldnt believe my eyes during the Ravens vs Pats game....oh well, anywho, go NY. :D

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7746
The Gaytriots will win the game unfortunately. Im pulling for the Giants to win but I just don't see that happening. And yea, I agree, they don't deserve the perfect record.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13883
LMAO...exactly what I expected for posts..whiners!....WAAAAAAAH....WAAAAAAH...WAAAAAH

Obviously they did DESERVE cause they did win and there are many refs , officials, modern technology and camera's on the field....so if U win, its deserved, plain and simple...HUGE mistakes by the other losing teams doesn't change the fact that the Pats DID win and was deserving...they played smarter and obviously scored more points than the other teams so OBVIOUSLY , their wins are DESERVED...how can any intelligent person dispute that...some of their wins were not pretty or complete blow outs BUT ALL WERE DESERVED...now all the Anti-Christs will come out and bash the Patriots!...just as expected....

U need some cheese with that whine!

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10562
I am a huge Eagles fan and I will be the first one to say the Pats are a absolutely ridiculously good team this year, the best team I have seen in a long time and I hate them but they are pretty damn good!

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16367
i would like to see the pats have a perfect season. it hasn't happened in my lifetime so it would be nice to see. i do hate the pats with a passion but you gotta give them credit.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7747
No doubt they are a great team. Definitely the best team in the NFL. Arguably the best team ever. I just don't think they deserve the perfect record. But they'll get it.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12004
The real gamble is the starting lineup this week. What's worth more to them, perfect record or another superbowl? They risk losing both should key players get injured.

It's a game played by EXTREMELY high paid athletes. The Pats have been thumbing their noses at the leauge and their opponents since spygate and haven't let up on the hammer on ANYONE. They are NOT an unbeatable team however.

The Eagles just might have revealed some key angles on beating them. Get physical with Moss. You have to remove that threat. Vary up your blitzing to throw Brady off gaurd. Any great quarterback who's so comfortable with his front line that he never looks back in the pocket will succeed eventualy. Take that away and he falls apart. Peyton just about crawls into a fetal position everytime his protection breaks up.

Don't be afraid to throw deep against them. You're not going to keep pace with 2-3 yard run plays. Brady can put up 14 points in 2 minutes. Ask the Cowboys how that feels.

And for god's sake don't talk trash b4 the game. You almost certainly doom your team with all the cocky attitude.

Short of that a buck shot to each of Brady and Moss's knees will do the trick.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2514
I would love to see the Patriots win and I think they will. I think the Giants are gonna play it smart and play to keep their guys healthy for the playoffs, that should be their focus. Not ruining the Pats perfect regular season, although I know the would love to.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 597
Yanks Fan
quote:
No doubt they are a great team. Definitely the best team in the NFL. Arguably the best team ever. I just don't think they deserve the perfect record. But they'll get it

x2

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3276
LK's posts are almost always annoying and self-serving but I have to agree with him in principle this time, especially against the Gnats. Sheli has been a joke this year (I should know, I had him on my secondary FF team that finished 3rd because of him) and if he plays like he has been, this game will be a rout. The Gnats have no offense to counter the Pats and although their defense is strong against the run and pass it simply won't matter this time. Live with it...... NE 16-0.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13886
My point was NOT who is going to win this game...I was merely stating that ALL their (Pats) wins have been DESERVED!

"almost annoying and self serving"...LMAO....I respect everybody else's opinions, which I may not agree with....including yours, in fact I agree with what U say most of the time...but I do not bash somebody for the way they post and write...

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

I support the Zac Davi..., Chicago

Post Number: 2474
"I respect everybody else's opinions"

While i believe that's true, you sure do accuse people of whining/crying a lot if they criticize the pats. it makes me want to run, hide, cry, and sleep (not necessarily in that order).

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13411
Pats...Its not there fault there better then everybody??? There is a salary cap in the NFL so its not like they went out and bought the wins...They just want it more then everybody else...I hope they go undefeated and I hope they win the super bowl...Maybe this is the wake up call the rest of the NFL needs to step there game up, and fu#king play BALL!!!

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3423
its been a KILLER game!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12033
Once again a nail biter lol. Lots of records broken tonight.

Shula is passing a stone.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 813
Was a good game :D

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1707
All I have to say is Puck the Fatriots!!
lol
Great team, glad to be a football fan during the time records are being broken. Just wish it was someone else doing the record breaking.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

USF, FL USA

Post Number: 666
I will be proud to tell people that I saw the best team ever play.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12045
I hate them because I'm from Pitt, but ya know, if I was from the New England area I'd be pretty proud right now. Sure they had spygate, which fueled all the controversy this year. They won all the games of their regular season. Some very close ones like tonight. As a football fan I can't deny that spoil to them. They also did it while the majority of the football nation wanted otherwise.

I wanted them to lose tonight like so many others. They didn't. I accept that.

Props to the Patriots.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2486
"I will be proud to tell people that I saw the best team ever play."

IF they win the superbowl right? If they don't win the superbowl, they are not even in the discussion of best team ever, period. If they do go on to win it, they are undeniably right there in the mix.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7772
^^Preach it Pit. This season means absolutely nothing if they lose in the playoffs. Without a Super Bowl win, season means nothing.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13889
Yeah the season means nothing when almost every record in NFL history is broken..

Most points scored by ANY team in history...EVER!
Most TD passes thrown
Most TD receptions
First and ONLY team EVER to go 16-0 in UNDEFEATED regular season..

I just love you "non biased" alleged intelligent sports fans!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2489
LK you are biased beyond description on this topic...I can't even debate that cause it's so blatantly obvious lol.

"their wins are DESERVED...how can any intelligent person dispute that"

I don't appreciate people insulting my intelligence. Explain to me then LK, why in ALL team sports after a wild game or crazy finish, on many occasions the atheletes and coaches themselves have said afterwards "we didn't deserve to win that one"? Everything that happens in sports, all the stats, are not 100% direct/controlled results of the players' actions. Sometimes the ball just rolls your way, or it doesn't, so to speak.

And regarding the records they broke this year, yeah they are meaningful, i never said anything to dispute that. Read back what i DID say and tell me, are you gonna argue that they could not win the superbowl this season, and still be considered one of the best teams ever?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 976
They are a great team, but they are also lucky. I hope they lose.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13890
yeah Pitt, U're right...they suck and were lucky for 16 consecutive regular season games 100% of the time...and no other team EVER had any luck...since the start of the NFL in 1920...87 years ago! (in case U can't do the math)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2494
lol you couldn't have possibly put more words in my mouth with that post LK. you might as well just admit defeat if you have no counter-argument.

i made a completely valid point that you didn't like, so you took what I said and completely exaggerated and embellished it. I understand though, I used to always do that to my sister when we argued......when i was 5:-)

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 817
LK, please, read Pit's post again.
Then read it again.
I think maybe your misinterpreting his statement. It's easy to become defensive, especially when your team is being scrutinized.

But hey I'm willing to bring it on your level. :P
So...Come on, everybody who watched the Ravens game knows that game was won with shear luck, right? Ravens dominated them.
I'm sure you've watched most of their games through out the season. So hey?...come on...we both know there's a few times you've said yourself,
"omg, i can't believe we won that game",
or,
"yeah that's a bs call but hey, we'll take it". haha, right?

Today's game for instance. Had some calls early in the game that were sketchy at best, nothing major. But those little gimme's they get nearly every game have surly helped them to accomplish this perfect record they now have.

Hey...your right, in the end, they pulled off a season without any losses. That speaks volumes in itself. And of course, it'd be impossible to do if they weren't a badass team in the first place. They are awesome!

Here's what I think may be getting to some NFL fans...
This "path to perfection" phrase, does it truly describe their playing?...in each and every game this season? The answer is no.
The phrase better describes their record, not their playing.
2007 Pats, one of, if not, thee-best teams in the NFL. No doubt, but they are far from this "perfect" team all the sports channels describe as being.

We have eyes, we know the rules, we've watched the games, we know when a team is outplayed, and yeah, your probably right...we're a bit jealous it wasnt our home team's goin 16-0 this season ...haha

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13891
so now that U're 22 , U're so much smarter and mature now....lmao

BTW...maybe your illogical replies work on 5 yr olds, but now U're out of your "safe zone"...there is some intelligent life here that know the different between facts and biased illogical ramblings...everything I stated in this thread is factual..

Also I give credit where credit is due, just like I did with people who trashed U and Pit Bull dogs...as far as football, I surely wouldn't knock ANY team that sets many NFL records in 1 season (again 87 years old), and goes 16 UNDEFEATED games, regardless if I like them or not!...to minimize that accomplishment or imply that it's just LUCK, is childish...

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3427
"Yeah the season means nothing when almost every record in NFL history is broken..

Most points scored by ANY team in history...EVER!
Most TD passes thrown
Most TD receptions
First and ONLY team EVER to go 16-0 in UNDEFEATED regular season."

I hate to inform you that the Patriots team only set one record, and the 2 other records you mentioned doesn't bring them ANYWHERE close to breaking "almost every record in NFL history."

Gold Member

Post Number: 2495
"to minimize that accomplishment or imply that it's just LUCK, is childish..."

show me where i did either of those things please. I never said their accomplishments were or were not great. I said regarding the discussion of greatest teams ever, which is a popular conversation about them right now, that i think they aren't one of the best ever if they lose in the playoffs.

you are being wayyyy overly defensive of your team here. Read back what i said about the involvement of luck in sports. I never said anything specific to the patriots or any of their games this season.

You said, and i'm paraphrasing here, "no intelligent person can argue that they didn't deserve to win any of their games". I never said anything regarding my personal feelings as to whether or not they deserved any of them. I simply said that it IS in fact reasonably debatable, becuase atheletes/coaches themselves support the belief that not all wins and losses are "deserved", and that there is an element of luck involved.

LK i enjoy my conversations and debates with you in the OT section, but every now and again we get a little heated and while i'm sitting here totally light hearted, just chit-chatting, i can't help but get the impression that you're taking things much more personally. If you really think i'm unintelligent, childish, immature and such, just let me know and i'll stop wasting my time talking to you. If i'm mistaken and you do not feel that way, i apologize.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3209
Im not a big sports fan,, But its a good year for Boston sports. I hope they take it all. Wasnt there a thread about, "pats go undefeted this season" posted last September or so? Good call.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7785
You get so defensive whenever someone says something about one of your precious Boston teams LK. If you happened to be a ""non biased" alleged intelligent sports fans" you would realize that your wrong about them not being lucky. They have caught breaks this year. Many breaks. Open your eyes and see it. I'm getting tired of reading all of your posts where you get upset whenever someone says something bad about one of your teams. Your the oldest person in this thread yet your acting the least mature. I can't lie, they are the best team in football this year. They should go 19-0 and win the Superbowl. But to sit there and call us all illogical and immature is just plain dumb. All of us on this thread know sports and love sports. You are biased for Boston teams just like I am biased to the Yankees. Just accept the fact that you are wrong in saying the Pats did it with no luck, cause thats just bush league.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4055
lol guys how about when the pats win then the celts win and maybe the b's will get lucky lol hey i love living in MA
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us