Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 771
da Packerz

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11921
I truly hope it's Brett's year. Been a long time coming....

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2432
In ur dreams Zac. We beat you 4 outta the last 5, including earlier this year. You guys got your playoff spot locked up, congrats. But we are now playing with no pressure, nothing to lose, so prepare to have your azz handed to you tomorrow!!

:-)

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3219
Packers will win easily. Da Bears are a shell of what they once were and the tough GB defense will give Orton fits. On the other side... the Bears once stellar defense all of a sudden can't stop the run or the pass. The weather will be dismal come Sunday in Chicago and Ryan Grant will run ragged over the Bears and Favre will pick them apart with short screens, tight end in-routes, and the occasional deep ball. Don't forget who the master of cold weather playing is.

GB 28
CHI 10

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 676
this game doesn't matter anyway. but packers will win.
looks like 14-2 on the season.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2436
"all of a sudden can't stop the run or the pass"

all of a sudden like what last week? actually quite the opposite is true. We held the best rushing game in the league (Adrian Peterson & Chester Taylor) to a COMBINED 109 yards last week. Pass protection wasn't bad either as we gave up 0 touchdowns, and had 3 picks.

The Packers are very good, but they have over-achieved at 12-2. And while i look forward to seeing them beat the cowboys in the NFC title game, they ARE GOING TO LOSE TOMORROW.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 3221
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_ PASSING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2007&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_NE T_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHI NG&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2007&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_P ER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Gold Member

Post Number: 2439
Look IMO it would be silly to say the Bears are having a good season defensively. But it would be equally silly to say that this season has shown their true colors. Between last year's superbowl run and the 1-2 years before that, our core players have shown what a dominant defense they can be. This season is the fluke, not the multiple seasons before it.

Which is why I say last weeks defensive stats are more relevant here than the season's stats as a whole. I expect the Bears to be back on track these last few weeks. If we lose I think it will be due to our offense moreso than the defense. I'm a big advocate of the "any given sunday" rule in the NFL, and when you consider that the Bears are 1-0 against the Pack this year, it's just silly to think this game is a lock for the Packers. Hope you didn't bet the farm on it Brad :-)

I picked Da Bears for 5 points in my confidence pool this week because...

A. Chicago sports fans are notoriously pessimistic, so i was getting good odds as ~75% of the pool members picked the Pack.

B. This season I've already won back my entrance fee + a healthy profit, so i'm picking more upsets.

C. I LOVE DA BEARS AND WERE GONNA KICK THE SH!T OUTTA THE PACKERS!!!

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 3228
Well Pit was right and I was wrong... way wrong. Good call on the game.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3414
bears FTW....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2441
hehe :-)

I'm pissed though!!! I missed the game cause i decided to pick up some extra hours at work since i spent so much on X-mas presents this year.

I heard it was a crazy game though, Urlacher had like an 85 yard interception return for a TD!?!?! Da Bears blocked 2 punts!?!?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6378
Soooo bad.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 776
We got crushed. Yes Bears were hand fed a few key turnovers but even without them they still walked all over the Pack Sunday.
The Bears played very well and looked strong the entire game. Hats off to the Bears.
Packers looked as though they were freezin to death and the Bears were movin around like it was 50* outside. Maybe all the adrenalin was keeping them warm, or the extra heaters on their sidelines
haha jk.

Oh well, we'll see how we do in the playoff's.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 690
i dont wanna talk about it anymore. let's let this thread die please.
anyway which of these teams is going to the playoffs?
ya there ya go:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2458
bump for phil

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1704
That was a good call Pit. I never imagined the game would turn out the way it did.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2460
IMO in the NFL, moreso than the other major sports, you really gotta consider how the teams' mentalities change from week to week, especially nearing the end of the year.

Like the Packers, I give them all due credit for what they've done this season, but they didn't have much motivation to win last week. Their record is WAY better than anyone expected, they're gonna win their division easily, and cruise into the playoffs as one of the top seeds. They've already achieved soooo far beyond what most thought they would this year. Their only concern now is doing well in the postseason.

The Bears on the other hand are disappointed in themselves, and sickened that people are looking at last year as a fluke. They're outta the playoffs going into last weekends game, so they've got nothing to lose, which takes a TON of pressure off, the players just go out to play hard, have fun, and get a W. The Bears were motivated to prove to people that they aren't just gonna fade away after last seasons run.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 590
Most definitely. They played with heart and determination, something the Packers lacked in this weeks game.

I'm excited to watch the NY NE game. I'm rooting for NY, only because I don't like Brady.
I know, pretty lame, but the guy just bugs me, actually his arrogant coach too, and Moss, and.....ok I guess I just don't really like the entire team haha.

Go NY Giants!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us