Got a question

Username: Gmccann08

Pittsgrove, NJ United State...

Post Number: 1
ok i a Pioneer In-Dash Player (DEHP3900MP) website http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pioneer-In-Dash-Player-DEHP3900MP/sem/rpsm/oid/16 9883/catOid/-13089/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do and i was wonderin like wat subs and speakers can i get for my car that will with stand my headunit

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 862
what are u trying to say any amp and sub will work with that headunit long as u get the amp and sub matched up right

Post Number: 2
yea cuz i really dont kno much bout stereos and stuff but im tryin to learn about them and i was goin to look for subs for my car to put in the back and i was wonderin if there was any specific specifications i needed to look for

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1825
You can get any subs or amps you want. You don't have to match anything to your headunit. How much money do you want to spend on your subs, amp, box, and wiring? Also, what are you looking for? Something really loud (SPL), something loud and sounding good (SQL), or something that just sounds excellent (SQ)?

Post Number: 5
i was lookin for SQ then and i was willin to spend a good amount like a couple hundred and the reason i was askin about the headunit was because the dude at circuit city said that the speakers wont last a long time since they are stock speakers and i didnt kno if it applied with subwoofers too

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5569
don't listen to any cc employees.

post a budget for subs, amp, and what size/how many subs you want.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1828
OK, let me get this strait.

What are you looking to buy? Subs and an amp, or regular speakers? Or both? If you are looking for subs, you will need an amplifier, box, and wiring. If you are looking for speakers, you can run them off the headunit, but you're wasting money IMO if you buy good speakers and don't put any power to them. You would want an amp for the speakers as well.

Also, what's a couple hundred. Because even $300-400 is not very much.

Post Number: 6
I was plannin on gettin subs and probably an amp and gettin speakers later cuz right now they r fine.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1833
OK, that's good to know. How much are you willing to spend tho. That's the most important info we need.

Post Number: 7
Right now not that much becuz christmas has depleted my bank account lol but later ill probably spend about $200-$300

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1836
You'll spend $200-300 on a sub, amp, wiring, and box? If that's the case, I would HIGHLY recommend saving up more money. That really will not get you anything worth while. I wouldn't really know where to even point you for that amount of money. Let's say you got a very cheap wiring kit ($25) and built your own box ($35 or so), that still only leaves you $140-240 for subs and an amp. If that was the case, I would probably recommend one of the following:

Audioque SD2, which will run you $89-129 depending on the size.
Mach5Audio MAW, which will run $77-116.
Ascendant Audio Assassin, which would be $99-119.

That doesn't leave a lot of money for an amp an you wouldn't find a very good one, but you could find something to work. It would probably end up being a Kenwood or something.

Post Number: 8
alright i guess ill just have to save up a little bit more money lol

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1843
There is really nothing wrong with the setups I listed for you. If you're looking level, they're actually pretty decent. However, if you have the ability to save up, I would suggest it.

Post Number: 9
I am goin to save up and search for good amps do u have ne suggestions for good amps that will last long and r overall good?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5577
there's tons of amps that'll last long and that are good. try to at least state the amount of power you want to run (rms) and maybe a budget.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2209
pick up a small ten inch sub and a 2 channel amp with a 4 gauge wiring kit and itll be nice for now....

kicker zx350.4 + DIamond D310D2 + Kicker 4 gauge wiring kit

Post Number: 10
wat amps can handle (RMS power x channels) (watts) (22 x 4)

Silver Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 119
That would be a headunit's internal amp. ctmike is asking how loud you want your system to be. Hard to say w/o a sub choice since each sub is different and more watts doens't always mean it'll be louder. But I'd say something under 600-1000 watts rms depending on the alt in your car since I doubt you want to spend money upgrading your electrical system right now.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5578
don't worry about what the hu puts out, that has nothing to do with anything. pick speakers/subs to match up with amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us