Stupid Hypothetical Question

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7558
Here goes try number 2 to post this.

This afternoon I was driving down the road with my windows down cause it was about 50 degrees outside. I was on the phone with my mom and pulled up to a red light. The guy next to me pulls up with his windows down and had his music up "loud." I finish the call with my mom and hang up. I look over at the guy and look back at the light. I think to myself "should I turn my system up and show him I'm louder? Or should I just play it simple and let him go?" Well I decided to not turn it up and let him go. Even with my system I knew I was louder. It would've been like Kimbo Slice fighting a 5 year old retarded girl. I was just wondering what people on here would do. Would you have blown him away or just let it go?

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1161
I would have blown him away and just looked at him with no facial expression while doing it.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1775
yep blown him away i loved running my torino around bumpin hard.... ha ha was the best shut down alot of loosers on the street..

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 754
i would of done what thieves said if u coulda kept a strait face w.o cracking up

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 16080
i am a very civilized person. i would just ignore it and go about my business.

honestly though yanks, even though your's maybe louder, if he has his turned up loud in his car, i doubt he'll hear yours anyways.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 433
I do the same thing. Crank it up and look over with a straight face... or a slight smile. Both reall make people frustrated. LOL only if they look like they are tring to show off though. Don't be a d1ck to someone whos just tring to get their bump on that can't afford a good system.

But if they act all hard...its fair game.

P.S. make sure your system is for sure louder or you could look like a fool.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 3997
i woulda just turned my music up enough to here it over his no problem... shake his ride tooo hahaha ... well thats what i use to do.. no system right now :-(

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2173
did he look like a douchebag?

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1638
in other words did he look like you Yanks??

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1163
^lmao

Silver Member

Post Number: 765
hahaaaaa^^^

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

3 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 801
In my friends car that I put 4 15" CVR in, I also put 3 switches in. Of those switches, one will turn the subs on and off quickly. If someone at the stop light thinks they are louder, my friend will have only his mids and highs on, to get there attention. The guy will think he's still louder for a few second, but then my friend flips on the subs.

The other guy always looks around in amazement, and then gives the look of defeat. Some of you may think we shouldn't be so immature (which I'll admit we are being) but it's just our way of getting a harmless little laugh in.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7561
LOL your an azz RayGay. But nah, he looked the opposite of me, so yea, he looked like a douche.

And Chad, I figured the same thing.

I couldn't decide so I throw on J.E.E.Z.Y just in case I had a change in mind. But I just kept it loud enough for me to hear over his stuff but low enough where i wasn't trying to start something.

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 257
Yanks ,you should have Kimbo Sliced' that azz. Alls fair in love and bass baby!

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1116
It would have rally depended on who was also stopped at the red light for me to turn it all the way up. But if it was just me and him, I would have let it rip for a few seconds.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2064
unless you have a monster system, they can't hear yours if they're blasting their own.

Bronze Member
Username: Splfreak

Post Number: 33
no shiit sherlock

Silver Member

Post Number: 775
thats my line:P

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11638
What's really impressive is when it's loud AND clean. When it's all muddled it sounds like poo.

If he can not only hear your system over his but also understand it then it's a priceless moment.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7564
Touche Pauly. Thats always a big plus.

Silver Member

Post Number: 782
"If he can not only hear your system over his but also understand it then it's a priceless moment."

oh yeah

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5669
I usually only turn my system up went I'm at the shop demoing, testing, or at an SPL comp.

But, on the occasion that some @$$ in the next lane wants to 'bump' and think they are 'gangsta'...I am sometimes forced to clean house. Usually w/ Phil Collins. Low note :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Splfreak

Post Number: 34
I've noticed that whenever a car next to you is bumping, I personally have always been able to *feel* the high notes really well.

Song's with the high like "I Got Em - Yo Gotti" can be felt in other cars real well.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3197
"But, on the occasion that some @$$ in the next lane wants to 'bump' and think they are 'gangsta'...I am sometimes forced to clean house."

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 210
I would of trashed them!! ha ha I have people stopping me all the time to ask what the hell I have. I have had people pull up with there stereo up and I look at my wife, she rolls her window down about half way and leans back and plugs her ears, because she say's
" it hurts!! " it's not just bass! I have 6 6.5 memphis 2 way, 2 4x6 2 way, and trying to figure out how to put in 2 pair of the new 8" 3 way. When I turn mine up you hear everything, Highs mids Bass.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5610
honestly i almost always turn my sh;t down at stoplights. and no i wouldnt have "blown him away" i dont even live in a bad area but people will rob your azz for that. plus im not looking to piss anyone off.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2923
scan the perimeter for po-nine then bump bump bump it up

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 932
99+ % chance I would have been louder, and a decent chance I would've drown out the system in his own car from how you describe it. Chances are I'd ghetto-blast the sh!t out of him. I always turn mine down at lights, so it really makes me angry when I hear people blasting with my windows up. So if I get a chance to do the same to them, that makes my day :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 100
i usually turn mines down at a stop light so ppl dont look at me weird because i dont have tint, but if i had tint on my car then thats a diff story lol. but one time i was sitting at a light blastin it at volume 45 and this guy actually came out his van and came up to me at a stop light and asked what i had in my trunk. lol then it turn green i took off while he ran back to his van. personally i thought he was gon come yell at me....

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7598
Well I feel I did the right thing. I always turn it down at lights as well. I almost had an urge to turn it up this one time. Glad I didn't though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 801
"i usually turn mines down at a stop light so ppl dont look at me weird because i dont have tint, but if i had tint on my car then thats a diff story lol. but one time i was sitting at a light blastin it at volume 45 and this guy actually came out his van and came up to me at a stop light and asked what i had in my trunk. lol then it turn green i took off while he ran back to his van. personally i thought he was gon come yell at me...."

rotfl

Silver Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 104
^^ what r u rotfl about? lol

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2088
i made an old lady cover her ears at a stoplight the other day ... she looked like she was gonna whip her cane out on me ..

i saw her in the mall later that day ... she was quite pissed lol

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 16100
i made the other guy's windshield crack. i think he already had a little crack and my bass just made it bigger.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 16101
oh also i went to a party and blasted my system when i got there. it just drwoned out the music in the house.

a cop heard me from a mile away and wrote me a ticket. it took him some time to find me cause you know he was a mile away.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7612
I killed someone before. Just saying.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 1969
over the summer i was sitting in stop dead triffic in the middle of town and this guy pulls up next to me and has his systems on. It wasnt too loud so i turn my system on extreamly loud. It was only non for like 30 seconds but in that time both the guys in the the opther car's jaws jsut dropped and looked at me. I turned mine off and then they jsut started asking me questons about my subs and how much power i was running.

its funny in my school most people dont know about rms so they all go by watts. Most poeple in my school are like yea my systems 600watts or other people are like yea well mines 1000!!!!!! then they ask me how many watts mine is and im like 6000 their jaws drop

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 1970
or this ones even better...my highschool and middle school are connected. one day high school had delayed opening and middle school didnt. So on my way to park and i decided to roll by the middle school as slow as possible and blare my system. my friend has a little brother in the middle school who said when i went by the lights were shaking in the calss rooms. plus it was may so all the windows were open

Silver Member

Post Number: 814
"""i made an old lady cover her ears at a stoplight the other day ... she looked like she was gonna whip her cane out on me ..

i saw her in the mall later that day ... she was quite pissed lol"""

lmfao

Silver Member

Post Number: 816
vt that was funny
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us