F@@@@ not good

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 372
ok well i was unplugging my crap so i undid the fuse so it would be safe to do everything... and while the positive was on the carpet in my trunk it moved quicly when i moved my amp a tiny bit and my freaking power hit the frame of my car and bang... and now electricity in the whole car doesnt work :-( what do i do??? i know your suppose to undo the negative when your doing stuff like this but the batttery in the beamer works weirdly so i couldn't what do i do?!?!? what happened?!?!?!

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

BUILT NOT BOUGHT, North carolina

Post Number: 634
oh no

Bronze Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 80
damn dude..sounds fu*kd up, sorry to hear that and good luck wit it.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 373
im so sad:-( i just got my rl-s hooked up and my 1200.1 tantrum and my custom made birtish flag box

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 929
damn that sucks....maybe u killed your battery...

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 374
could it be a fuse in the car possibly?

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 930
hmmm....check your fuse box

Bronze Member

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 81
lol not to be an a$s but how would we know dude?, ur the one that got an BMW 328i 2007....but im pretti sure its not a fuse...could be a numerous of things, like short circuit r something...

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 375
well do things like that usually cost alot to fix?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3141
sounds like a fuse. imo

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3169
probly the fusable link. Heres a site with details. I dont know what year, model you have, but try googling that with fusable link..

http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Maintenance/Electrical/Fusible_link.htm

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1798
Well electrical won't be cheap if it's major whatsoever. Check all the fuses, that's your best start.

Bronze Member

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 82
yea...esp on an beamer....

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

3 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 798
Yeah check the fuses. This doesn't even sound possible if your install is done right, because taking out your fuse sends disconnects your positive wire. What kind of fuse is it? In some cases, the two positives that connect the fuse can come together on accident.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3170
"and now electricity in the whole car doesnt work "

Failure syndromes:
• Intermittent simultaneous falure of wipers, sunroof, windows, central locking, radio...
• No power, like if the battery was dead.

Its most likly the fusable link. My 81 chevy had one that was inline on the power wire. It took a little time to find it, as it was part of the wire, no breaks, just covered in insulation like the rest of the cable.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 16033
have you checked your fuse? if so whats the verdict?

also can we get a pic of your british flag box?

Bronze Member

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 83
wow...^^^ lol i dont think he's worried about a pic of the british flag box at da moment...

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 16034
well why did he mention it then. lol.

dude VT you just made sound like an azz. i wasn't trying to be an azz. i just wanted to see the pic.

also i am curious to see if he went out and checked his fuse box. since everyone already mentioned it.

we did that with my uncle's 525i once. not everything went out but a couple of fuses did. after that it was okay.

Bronze Member

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 86
lol im sorry chad thats what you made it sound like...ma bad...

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6764
Check the internal fuses.
Next time wrap the ends with electrical tape. That's what they're for.

Bronze Member

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 87
x2^^ i alwys carry ET in my car....

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4529
Wait, did you remove the fuse from the power wire?

Or did you mean your amp has a fuse on it?

And why on earth would you not disconnect the negative battery cable when doing electrical work? I guess this will teach you a lesson about that.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 376
ok sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys... but i called up a tow truck to just come pick up my car and bring it to bmw... since the trunk can only be opened electronicly i think and the manual and battery and well everything was in there... sooo.. i have no idea what the problem is and i wont be able to find out untill they take a look.... so we'll see i guess... and i'll make a thread of pics of my sub box and amp and stuff if someone can upload the photos for me....

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 778
but you still didn't explain? lets take a step bakc a sec and relook everything. first off you clearly state YOU REMOVED a fuse on the positive wire. meaning theres no way this would even be possible, you could shove the pos wire up your azz and do a dance on the frame. still you would be fine, when the fuse is removed it's as if u cut the wire you seperated the 2 ends . only way this is possible is 1. you removed fuses from the smp only and then blew it. 2. your fuse wolder let the fused wires touch making the pos wire live. 3. only way the car would be dead is you blew a link that's fused as was mentioned or you blew the fuse panel which is unlikly to blow alll the fuses. lastly why would you need to go in the trunk you just mentioned you checked the batt so your hood can be opened. in which case just pull your amp wires and work on getting the car back to life. the final verdict being you did the modifications yourself bmw will prob rake you on everything. also on a side not the bmw could have a protect mode much like if you redline the car to long it shuts down.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 383
it was the positve wire on the battery side of the fuse not the amp side so it was live.... and there trying to get it under warrenty.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us