My new tattoo. Input wanted.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 722
Alright guys, so here is my idea for my new tattoo.

I know nautical stars are pretty stereotypical as tattoos, but ive always been fascinated by their history and meaning. I added a little bit to it.. the silver represents the barrier of societal norms, and the blue part of the nautical star represents the spirit, which is why i have the blue kind of "seaping out" from the silver. It represents going outside of social norms to find your own spirit and beliefs.

So what do you guys think? any input is appreciated.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7270573

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3302
I think there's no picture in your link, but I hate nautical stars so I won't give any further input anyways. If you like it that's all that matters.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 723
hmm.. the picture works for me. and even when i resize it small enough to fit on here it doesn't let me put it on anyway for some reason. and i agree with your last statement. i'm for sure going to get it, i was just looking on input for some possible improvement.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5590
if its something you want no one is going to change your mind. but i think it is kinda stupid like that when people try and put meaning like that on a simple avg tattoo. just get something you wont be ashamed of when your 40 and get it where its easily hidden.

dont get me wrong though i have tattoos and like them but just saying you need to love what your going to get.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 724
well this is going to be my second tattoo.. it's going to be on my back. my other one is on my wrist, but is easily coverable. unfortunatley, even though tattoos are becoming more acceptable nowadays, it's still hard to get a job at a law firm if you have one that is visible. i disagree with you on the meaning aspect though.. i mean if it doesnt have any meaning to you then why get it? but yeah.. im set on getting this one. just got to save up some cash.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5598
im not saying dont get something that doesnt have any meaning. im just saying it think its stupid how people try to put meaning like its my spirit trying to escape society or whatever for a star. not trying to be rude or anything just trying to state my opinion. plus i dont like getting things that tons of other people have, if something is going to be on me forever it should at least be original.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 728
well yeah.. but you run out of things that not everyone has, especially if you like a certain style of design.

and that's not my meaning, that's what the Lilithian star actually stands for.

Research FTW.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3172
your body... I think it just looks like the tatoo guy was drunk doing it.. A tatoo in itself relays non-conformity.

If I seen it on sombody, my thought would be, uhm, a washed up star of high school sports perhaps?

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11586
To throw it out there........

My fav cartoon as a child was the road runner.

When I met my future wife I "had" to have us tattoed. The coyote me and her the road runner. The dude was trying to tell us "you realize the coyote never gets the road runner".

"I know this" I say.

We get the tats anyway........

I'm divorced now.

Life sux.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 729
"washed up star of high school sports"

well you could try still playing sports at a university while maintaining a 3.5 GPA and working towards a degree in Criminology, after which he plans on attending law school. i mean yeah, i did kick a*ss in high school sports too.. but there's more to life right? haha..

also, cute that you have a pic of my mustang saved on your computer, but it's changed since then. i can get you a new one if you'd like?

i know you weren't trying to be a dick.. but i really like this tattoo.. even if a bunch of "washed up high school sports players" have it.. lol.

and paul.. i always promised myself no tattoos that have anything to do with girls.. for that exact reason. lol. but life doesnt suck.. just from being on this forum i know you're a good dad with some great kids, so i'd say you did pretty damn good for an old coyote.. lol.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 730
by the way i'm totally open to suggestions if anyone has something they think would be better. I mean of course the decision is mine, but if there's something i haven't thought of and someone suggests it and i end up loving it.. all for the better. I just don't have time to go down to the shop and look through all their books, especially with finals this week.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3326
Well Tila Tequila and her lesbo lover, Dani both have nautical stars. Everyone I've ever met with a nautical star is a meat head, and a douchebag to boot. I'm not saying anything bad about you, but I would SERIOUSLY consider a different tattoo, man. For your own sake. I'm not one of those people who hate all tattoos. I actually wanted/kinda still do want one, but it needs to be something at least semi-unique.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 731
hey i think tila tequila is hot.. haha.

maybe you guys are right. i mean now that i think about it, i haven't met anyone i would consider a "cool" person that has a nautical star. although it's not really about being "cool", its about something that you want for yourself. I dunno. I will see if i can find some time to get the shop soon to look at some other designs.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2361
My mom taught me if i don't have anything nice to say, I shouldn't say anything at all. But she's a b!tch and i don't really talk to her often so fu<k that.

IMO that would be a lame azz tatoo. Tatoos should be completely unique and have important personal meaning. With that said if you really do appreciate the nautical star, which i read what you said the meaning is but it was so g@y i forgot already, why not have that be one smaller aspect of a larger design or concept, making it much more unique.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 732
thanks for your opinion pit. see that's waht i was looking for.. a good idea. maybe that would be a good smaller aspect for a larger design.. i like that idea. Although the fact that you said tattoos should have personal meaning, then called me g*ay for telling people what that meaning is was a little contradictory. but maybe thats what i get for coming on a car audio forum looking for insight into meaningful matters.. lol. but thanks for the idea man, i like it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2363
lol nono Gavin, wasn't calling you g@y. I was calling the nautical star g@y and i was j/k anyway.

I just think it's hilarious when you ask someone about their tatoo, and they're like "yeah i got the shamrock cause i'm irish and i'm proud of my heritage" and i'm just kinda like yeahhhh i'm sure you are cause they're like the epitome of americana. They just think it makes them interesting or unique to SAY that sh!t but in reality they usually don't know or practice jack sh!t regarding their heritage.

Or like how every fu<king girl with a tatoo has a butterfly because it represents a "metamorphisis" they went through at some point in their life, ROFL. And i'm like "okay could you turn back over now so i can shoot my load on your metamorphisis...geez last time i try to make conversation while we bone!"

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13861
ROTFLMAO...at this entire thread...especially U Pit...too funny!...

I myself am not in tats just for this reason, I know I would have regretted it later in life, after making a bad decision, which I thought was a great idea at the time....

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5600
gavin dont go to the shop and pic something out of a book. have something custom made for you.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13864
IMO, if U can't even COMMIT and decide your mind on which tat to get, then why should U COMMIT your body to a tattoo..

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7252
get that shyt and show it here where i live "_"

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2060
my gf has the good ol' "tramp stamp" on her lower back, and its a butterly lol, but thats just b/c she likes them...

2 friends of mine just got some more ink as well. one got a tribal scorpion on his arm that looks pretty sweet. the other got "pain" in weird lettering down his tricep.

ive been thinking of getting one myself but i'm not sure where yet and i have no clue what i'd do for a design. itd have to be pretty damn unique

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 733
damn this thread is gettin out of control! lol

it was so much easier when i got my first one, because i knew exactly what i wanted and i went and got it. right now, i know i want another one, but i'm trying to figure out what i want. and since im not the most artistic guy, i was hoping someone could just point me in a good direction.. just like if i knew i wanted some subs, but didn't know which brand to get.. lol. it's not that i'm indecisive.. its just that sometimes other people think of things i wouldnt ahve thought of. like i said, i dont have the best imagination, as we can see form the stereotypical nautical star.. lol. but thanks for the input guys.. i do appreciate it.

Pit, no hard feelings and i laughed for about 10 minutes at your explination for the "tramp stamp".. lol

and Matt the only reason i wanted to take a look at the books is because i dont even know where to start.. im not artistic at all.

maybe i should just put it off till i stuble across something i really like.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5603
i would get a few basic ideas and then talk to a tat artist about it and see what hell draw up.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3192
I have a staunch no tats, no piercings rule I live by, but if I were to get one I would get "Lil Rob, Keeker" tat on my ass.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2370
Gavin just get "I <3 Ecoustics"

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13870
ROFTLMAO at Pit and Brad...too funny guys!

yeah I want to pierce my tongue for a "french tickler" for all women's snatch...what type and color ring should I get?....ROTFLMAO

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3176
"also, cute that you have a pic of my mustang saved on your computer, but it's changed since then. i can get you a new one if you'd like? "

No, I didnt save a pic of your car, There is what 83 pics linked to your link... Your lucky i took the car one... btw, how was wolfmother, and world series? Is that your chick? Why were you guys sh1ting outside? and who was that taking a dump on you while you were sleeping?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7573
im personally a fan of the people who have tribal arm band tattoos. those crack me up.

no offense if anyone had one on here

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5608
^^^^i love asking people hey, what tribe are you from! first it confuses them they they get pissed.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 736
haha.. well sh*it marc.. let's not tell anyone about that.. lol. and that wasn't me getting sh*it on. some freshman kid that came to one of our parties and passed out.

Username: Jervs

Post Number: 6
Gavin you could do better than that. I mean I agree with most guys that the design you picked was very lame. I don't have a tatoo but if ever I would get one, your design will be the last thing in my mind.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us