Archive through September 19, 2007

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10771
fun and games?...somebody calls me a douchebag to my face will get a beating!...I don't have time for that type of condescending "fun and games" from azzholes who have an attitude problem..I would give them a quick lesson in "attitude adjustment".....later

BTW...remember to watch the Sox in October...

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1226
No need for name calling Reece. Who cares if the Braves get into the playoffs. They won't make it far enough to play any American League team there that's for sure.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1230
Hey Brad, hope you don't mind I borrowed one of your images.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5709
i didnt mean the name calling was fun and games....i meant the argueing

but for the record, make sure you watch the yanks in ocotber as well

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 14736
hawaiian time is a cool person. all except for liking the yankees. you know the AL belongs to the angels. :-)

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1251
Angels always give the Yanks trouble so it should be a good series coming up when they meet later. Should be a good indicator of how good the Yanks really are. I'll be rooting for the Angels if they meet Boston in the playoffs that's for sure but I'm hoping the Yanks kick their azz come August 20-22.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1489
Hawaiian- You live on Molokai? And yeah, my bro said it is getting so big on Maui. The last time I went was 4 years ago and it was way different than when I last lived there which was in 98. Have you ever heard of a rap group called Assault Squad Riders? Thats my brothers group. They been doing alot of shows on Oahu and Maui. BTW, my favorite island is Kauai.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1252
Cool Jesse. Yup, that's where I live. Didn't want people to visit here so I left the name out. Too many people coming here then deciding to stay. Your Bros group sounds familiar but I haven't seen them. Mostly reggae groups come here. You won't believe how much Maui has changed since you last was here in 4 years ago. We got some big ugly windmills on the West Maui mountains. We gotta protect the aina, but maybe limiting development is better than windmills for now.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9157
Ugly windmills? I think they look cool!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1510
Yeah, but in Hawaii, the land is so important to the people who live there. They really dont like people moving there. For reasons such as this. It is getting so populated, and you have to remember these are small little islands. Most you can drive around in one day. Soon there wont be any land left to be in awe of.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9164
I agree. However the future proves to be challenging based on the population explosion. Someday soon there won't be any open fields or parks to play in. Square miles have been reduced to acres. Acres reduced to lots, and so on. Soo many farmlands are being developed into housing. If it continues.......

Gold Member

Post Number: 1512
True. But they have a strong sense of pride and heritage in their land (aina). It is considered sacred. It is nothing like here in the mainland. And if you havent experienced it firsthand, you cant begin to understand what I mean. Especially if you knew how America came to own the islands. Watch this Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS35CnwYEOk

That vid doesnt mention it but we didnt even have permission from the President at the time.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10875
I will say this...I lived in Hawai (was a young kid at Hickam) when it became a state ...(in fact my Goofie Newfie Irish mother became a naturalized US citizen there after that)....and the people there LOVED it and the US!...there were celebrations from the locals/Hawaians every place!....so how and why it became a state ( we do NOT own it, no more than any other state) doesn't matter...all states have a "history"...

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago Ima graffiti...

Post Number: 1663
i started this thread!?!?! 313 posts?!?!? I haven't even looked at this thread in forever.

Yankees suck. A-Rod's a doper.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5738
co-wildcard leaders

Gold Member

Post Number: 1514
LK...It became a state looong after the overthrow so the islands had already been under control of the US. What else could they do but celebrate. It was inevitable. You said you were a young boy on the AFB...Did you go to school outside of the base? School off the base and on the base are totally different. Also, you were probably to young and innocent to realize or see the real resentment they hold towards the "haole". Now I'm not saying all of the people there think this way. But I would say that the majority of real local people do. The ONLY reasons my brothers and I were accepted so quickly was

1. My parents did foster care so we had local kids living in our house right off the bat, who considered us brothers and defended us.

2. We are part Portuguese and our darker features helped alot, along with our last name.

I'd like to see what Hawaiian Time has to say on this topic? He lives on an island that is not populated like Oahu, Maui, Or The Big Island. But is full of more local people.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2628
pitbull is calling a rod a doper yet he rides bonds dick daily hahahaha

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5741
fyi, arod isnt a "doper"....one of the naturally strongest guys in baseball

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5745
4 games back now of boston

Gold Member

Post Number: 2633
sory about your red sox.... WHAMMY!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10883
Reece...I just wanted to say that U're an azzhole and condescending to everyone here...if U only knew half of what U think U know...

U are losing friens here quickly...but I know u don't care cause U are too vain and "smarter" than the rest of us...either way I think U are a POS and am done with U and this thread...and the Bonds thread too!....

U must have got your azz whipped by all the neighbor kids too many times, so U come here and play hero BS routine..every thread U post in turns to shi*t!

Yank...why do u let this jerk, bully U...he's NOBODY!

Jesse...I agree with U on most things....ignore this clown!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2638
I don't bully Yanks or anyone else. I speak my mind and if you don't like it do what you told Jesse to do and ignore it? I have people I like and don't like here and I personally don't care if you or anyone else who doesn't know how to take what I say hate me. Personally I think you're a cry baby just like every other red sox fan.

I'm glad you nailed my life story on the head, LK. That's exactly what happend. I got my "azz" kicked allllll over town, and I turn to the internet to try and be cool... ... The internet may be your only source of friends, but it's not mine.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago Ima graffiti...

Post Number: 1671
"pitbull is calling a rod a doper yet he rides bonds dick daily hahahaha"

I was calling A-rod a doper in jest. Yanks understands because he has a good sense of humor and likes to goof around. And I've never said Barry isn't a doper.

Reece you're starting to come off as kinda pathetic man....that's like the third time today that you've gone out of your way to take a shot at me when you weren't even part of the discussion. You're not gonna get to me dude...You've only been successful at making me wonder what it is about yourself that you're so phuckin insecure and scared about that you act like this. And the fact that it's so plain to see even without talking to you in person is kind of troubling. Good luck man i hope you get yourself worked out, you're probably a good kid deep down.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1265
Aloha Jesse. I have been reading a few of the posts above. As far as Statehood, here are a few facts:

Any U.S. citizen who had resided in the islands for a year, was allowed to vote at the time, which included large numbers of American military servicemen and their families, who were essentially the occupation force that had illegally held Hawaii since the admittedly unlawful annexation in 1898.

Native Hawaiians would not have been allowed to vote if they refused to become American citizens.

The island of Ni'ihau, which was almost totally Native Hawaiian, and was relatively free from the propaganda of statehood, voted overwhelmingly against statehood, as did the island of Lana'i.

Here on Moloka'i, we are trying to preserve our culture, our way of life. We can still live off the land here. Hunt, fish, farm. You know, Hawaiians never owned land. Land was for everyone to use. It was the foreigners, the missionaries who brought the idea of land ownership here. Just so happens the big landowners who planted the Pineapple, Sugarcane and who supported the U.S. and who helped topple the Hawaiian monarchy, were decendants of the missionaries.

And because we are small islands, how much more development can we take? There are already water shortages everywhere. Landfills piling up, Wastewater effluent dumped everywhere.

Well not enough space here to really get into it. Just know that I have family who have fought and died, and who are fighting now for this country. The U.S. is a great and powerful county. But a truly great country would be fair to its indigenous peoples. The U.S. needs to address the plight of the Hawaiian people.

Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1266
Jesse, you sound like a local. You would be welcome here.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5750
my mom was born in hawaii....fyi

lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1527
Thanks braddah! I respect the aina and the people ALOT. I miss it there, but I got my family here now. My bro still lives there so I know I will be back to visit. My favorite times when I lived there was learning about the history and driving to parts of Maui where it was still like old times. Going to The Big Island (I only went one time) was an awesome experience. Its ironic, I lived on Maui and never made it to Molokai or Lanai. I always wanted to and I'm sure I will someday. But what you were saying about the land fills is true. On Maui it is so huge. It takes up alot of area. And the last time I seen that was about 10 years ago so I can only imaging how it is now..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2641
Pitbull, I just get heated in discussion, it's really nothing personal, it's just something you've been doing. I'm actualyl not insecure at all, but like I told LK, I just speak what's on my mind, sorry if I offend you, the best I can tell you is don't pay me any attention man. I'm just very stubborn and when I but heads with someone else as stubborn as me I become an as*hole, but whatever. Nothing is really plain to see without knowing someone so the fact that I'm a pr!ck to you and couple other who are just as hard headed as me has nothing to do with my personality other than the fact I'm an as*hole by nature. You can save you psycho babble bullsh!t for someone else, but I don't have any problems with you. Like I said, I just rear up when I run into someone as self opinionated as I am, that's all.

By the way, when did I get kicked out of the discussion? Is this not an open forum anymore?

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1269
Wow Yanks Fan, we have something else in common! lol

Yeah Jesse, Moloka'i's landfill is huge also. A new little mountain overlooking the coastline. And you know what? Just last week a bunch of live ordinance was found there! Had to bring in military explosives guys to detonate them in a quarry here. Unreal yeah? West side of this island was used for target practice during WWII, just like how Kaho'olawe was used.

Hawaiians believe everything is alive so when an island is bombed, the island is in pain.

Bronze Member
Username: Guanajuatos_best

Post Number: 42
MARINERS

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5837
^^lol

yanks are back 5 games now LK....leading the wildcard too i believe

Bronze Member
Username: Guanajuatos_best

Post Number: 56
SEATTLE MARINERS

Gold Member

Post Number: 1597
Seattle wins, Yanks win in 10 to the Angels...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11223
Sorry but Yanks lost 7-6, in the 10th, last nite to LAA...and Sox won against Tampa Bay...

Yankees fall 5 games back now...behind the Sox

A walk-off double by Ryan Budde lifted the Angels to a thrilling come-from-behind, 7-6 win over the Yankees in the 10th inning to take the
opener of a three-game set on Monday night.

WILDCARD standings...Yankees are 1.5 games behind Seattle...

Team W L PCT GB E# L10 STRK LAST GAME NEXT GAME
Seattle 70 52 .574 - - 7-3 W4 8/20 @ MIN, W 9-4 8/21 @ MIN, 8:10P
New York 70 55 .560 1.5 38 6-4 L1 8/20 @ LAA, L 6-7 8/21 @ LAA, 10:05P
Detroit 67 57 .540 4.0 36 4-6 L3 8/19 @ NYY, L 3-9 8/21 v CLE, 7:05P
Toronto 63 61 .508 8.0 32 5-5 L1 8/20 v OAK, L 4-6 8/21 v OAK, 7:07P
Minnesota 62 62 .500 9.0 31 4-6 L1 8/20 v SEA, L 4-9 8/21 v SEA, 8:10P
Oakland 62 64 .492 10.0 29 6-4 W2 8/20 @ TOR, W 6-4 8/21 @ TOR, 7:07P

Gold Member

Post Number: 1615
OMG!!! Garret Anderson has 10 RBI's through 6 innings and the angels are beating the yanks 18-5.

And Seattle won again...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11264
Team W L PCT GB
Boston 76 50 .603 -
NY Yankees 70 56 .556 6.0...thats right 6 games back!
Toronto 63 62 .504 12.5
Baltimore 58 65 .472 16.5
Tampa Bay 47 78 .376 28.5

Red Sox beat Tampa 8-6

Papelbon savors milestone feat..
Red Sox closer etches name into club's history book...
By closing out the Red Sox's 8-6 win over the Rays to notch his 30th save of the year, Papelbon is the first pitcher in franchise history to record at least 30 saves in two different seasons. Just 10 Boston pitchers can claim one 30-save season.

Garret Anderson drives in 10 against the Yanks, while the Mets win on a walk-off hit....hehehe

Yanks lose to Angels 18-9
Their sixth win in eight meetings this season with the Bronx Bombers assures the Angels of a fourth consecutive series win against the club they erased from postseason business in 2002 and 2005.

The Angels are 38-32 against the Yanks in the Scioscia era, starting in 2000. That doesn't include their 6-3 edge in postseason play over manager Joe Torre and his celebrated troupe of millionaires.

Seattle beats Minnesota 7-2

NOT a Good day for Yankee fans!....lmao

WILDCARD STANDINGS....

Seattle 71 52 .577 - - 8-2 W5 8/21 @ MIN, W 7-2 8/22 @ MIN, 1:10P
New York 70 56 .556 2.5 36 5-5 L2 8/21 @ LAA, L 9-18 8/22 @ LAA, 10:05P
Detroit 68 57 .544 4.0 35 5-5 W1 8/21 v CLE, W 2-1 8/22 v CLE, 7:05P
Toronto 63 62 .504 9.0 30 5-5 L2 8/21 v OAK, L 4-6 8/22 v OAK, 12:37P

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1325
Red Sox lose to the powerhouse D-rays. Dice K now has lost 3 to Tampa Bay.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11309
Rangers astonished by record night...

Club scores 30 times; Littleton records save with 27-run lead
By T.R. Sullivan / MLB.com

Texas beats Baltimore 30-3....and ties a MLB 110 year old record!

ARLINGTON -- Wes Littleton got the last out, retiring Brian Roberts on a grounder to shortstop.
But he forgot to keep the baseball.

"I didn't think about it," Littleton said. "I should have kept the ball. I didn't even know it was a save. I was just trying to approach it as a one-run game. Seriously. I took it as we were up 1-0 and I have to get nine outs to win the game. That's the way I took it."

Littleton did get nine outs and did get the save. As hard as it is to believe, Littleton was credited with the save for throwing three scoreless innings in a 30-3 victory over the Baltimore Orioles in the first game of a doubleheader on Wednesday night.

"It's pretty cool when you get a save with a 27-run lead," Littleton said. "I was just happy to put zeros up there."

Littleton is the first pitcher in Major League history to earn a save with a 27-run lead and he should have kept the last baseball. The Rangers claimed it instead and that's just one of several items being sent to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum from Wednesday's game.

Besides the baseball, the Rangers are also sending manager Ron Washington's lineup card, broadcaster Eric Nadel's scorecard and the bat used by Jarrod Saltalamacchia to hit two home runs. It was a bat that he brought with him after being acquired from the Atlanta Braves on July 31 and had his former team's name engraved on it.

It was still going into the Hall of Fame collection of memorabilia.

"It's awesome," Saltalamacchia said. "It's the greatest feeling in the world. As a kid you go to the Hall of Fame, admire it and look at it but to have a part of me in it is unbelievable. I never thought I'd see anything like that."

Nobody has. The Rangers were the first team to score 30 runs in a Major League game since 1897 when the Chicago Colts (now the Cubs), managed by Hall of Famer Cap Anson, beat Louisville, 36-7.

The Rangers set an American League record for most runs in a game, breaking the old mark of 29 set by the Boston Red Sox in 1950 and tied by the Chicago White Sox in 1955. The Rangers followed that up with a 9-7 victory in Game 2 to establish an American League record for most runs in a doubleheader.

Again, you have to go back to the 19th century to find more runs scored in a doubleheader. The official record is 43 set by the Boston Beaneaters (now the Atlanta Braves) in 1894.

Those are just a few in a long list of Major League, American League and Rangers club records set on Wednesday, records ranging from the obvious to the sublime on a memorable night at Camden Yards.

"I'll definitely remember it for the rest of my life," said designated hitter Jason Botts, who was 3-for-7 in Game 1. "As the game went on it became more unbelievable. We were looking at each other and saying, 'Is this really happening?'"

The Rangers tied an American League record with 65 plate appearances and 57 at-bats. They also set a Major League record with 30 RBIs in the game, a statistic that started being officially kept in 1920.

Then there were such esoteric notes like the Rangers being the first team to have four players with four RBIs in a game since the 1979 Philadelphia Phillies had Pete Rose, Mike Schmidt, Gary Maddux and Bob Boone do it.

Saltalamacchia and Ramon Vazquez had seven RBIs in Game 1, the first pair of teammates to have seven RBIs in one game since Mickey Mantle and Elston Howard for the New York Yankees in 1962.

"I don't know if any one thing stands out, just the consistency of the at-bats and the fact that we were down 3-0 early," said outfielder David Murphy, who was 5-for-7 with five runs scored. "There was a part of the game where we could have easily been on the losing side. But before you know it, we string some hits together, have some great at-bats and it's a snowball effect."

The Rangers were 18-for-25 with runners in scoring position in Game 1 and 23-for-40 in the doubleheader. They had batted .202 with runners in scoring position in their previous 22 games.

Kason Gabbard, who allowed three runs in six innings to get the victory, shot to the American League lead in run support average among pitchers with at least 65 innings after getting 14 runs while he was still in the game. He averages 8.51 runs of offensive support per nine innings.

"They were all getting on me because they scored 14 runs for me, but Wes was in there for three innings and they scored 16 runs for him," Gabbard said. "But it was great. I was just trying to keep my team in the game. It was fun to watch, especially after I came out of the game and they're whacking the ball all over the place."

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1332
30 to 3, poor Orioles...NOT!! Couldn't have happened to a better team! Damn, 27 run lead, I could've gotten the save!!

Oh, and another thing...

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11336
In our lifetime, we will never see another team score 30 runs...so I thought it was worth posting!...its HISTORY in the past 110 years!...regardless of the teams...

BTW...doubleheader day ...Red Sox won 11-3 this afternoon...and winning now 9-1 (in the 6th) against the White sox...Beckett got his 16th win...

Yankees have a rain delay (had a &pm game 3 hours ago and haven't even started, and probably won't play...and looks like the Sox will be UP 6 games after tonite....So YANKS WILL FALL 6 GAMES BACK!.....LMAO

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11476
Yankees Lose 5-4 to Detroit

Red Sox win 11-1, and SWEEP 4 straight from White Sox

Team W L PCT GB
Boston 80 51 .611 -
NY Yankees 72 58 .554 7.5 ...Yepper...thats 7 1/2 GAMES BACK...
Toronto 65 65 .500 14.5
Baltimore 58 71 .450 21.0
Tampa Bay 51 80 .389 29.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11493
Yankes lose again to Detroit....16-0 ....LMAO...maybe they should play the Warner Robins Ga Little League team instead...

Now the Yankees fall ...8 Games back...

That hole is getting deeper and deeper...U don't have a shovel that big...LMAO

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5911
the games speak for themselves

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11531
There is still another game....in fact its a DAY game tomorrow..thats unusual..

YANKEES ARE STILL 6 GAMES BACK!

Red Sox vs Yankees 1:05 p.m. Schilling (8-5) Wang (15-6)

BTW...without Arod, the best player in baseball, the Yanks would be NOTHING...he has won soooo many games for them this year...I hate the Yankees , but have always been an Arod fan...

LETS GO RED SOX.....LETS GO RED SOX....

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1353
Thanks for the updates LK. Could you also post the Yankee victories? Thankyou.

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14948
angels sweep seattle. lol. good for the yankees and the angels.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1355
Yup, good for the Yanks! I heard the Red Sox are going to play the Warner Robins Ga Little League team on Friday. But only if the Little League team promises to pitch underhand! lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5914
lol hawaii

and chad, thanks again bud for the win

and LK, chill bud, dont get so defensive when you lose.....wait till you get swept atleast lol
jk, well see how the games turn out

Username: Smith6509

Post Number: 1
can some1 plz suck my dick?

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1362
Sorry Mike, Gaay Transvestites who are not afraid to suck diseased dick are on the other thread.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5923
lets get bac on topic

yanks sweep, yes i said sweep, the red sox today....shut them out 5-0. red sox dont record a hit until the 7th inning....soud familiar cause last nite you didnt get a hit until the 6th lol

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1372
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2757
whammy!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15015
its a race between the angels and the red sox to see who faces the indians in the first round. cause we all know neither of those teams want to face the yankees in the first round. lol.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5947
nope....no one wants to play the yanks in the playoffs lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11553
Yanks lose 9-1 to the lowly Devil Rays from Tampa!....

Yanks are still ONLY in 2nd place and STILL chasing the BOSTON RED SOX, as they have done ALL year!

Team W L PCT GB
Boston 80 55 .593 -
NY Yankees 75 60 .556 5.0 ....thats right STILL 5 games back!.....hehehe
Toronto 68 66 .507 11.5
Baltimore 59 74 .444 20.0
Tampa Bay 55 80 .407 25.0

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15016
yea LK. but you gotta admit though, playing the indians in the first round would be better than playing the yankees.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11563
either way, it don't cut no ice....bring on the yanks or ANYBODY!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5957
LK i wanted to be the first person to congradulate clay buchholz on his no hitter tonite.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1677
WOW....he is a rookie and this was only his 2nd start! Did you see the 2nd baseman save that no hitter with his dive and throw? Cool beans.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11566
Clay Buchholz, the 23 yr old rookie, called up from AAA, in his 2nd MLB appearance, threw a NO HITTER against the Baltimore Orioles...to win 10-0...

LETS GO RED SOX....we got the juice!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11571
Team W L PCT GB
Boston 82 55 .599 -
NY Yankees 76 61 .555 6.0 ...yepper...6 GAMES BACK!
Toronto 70 66 .515 11.5
Baltimore 59 76 .437 22.0
Tampa Bay 56 81 .409 26.0

Sox win 3-2 against Baltimore and play an around great game!

Yankees lose AGAIN today 8-2 against Tampa and lose the series ...as Tampa beat the Yanks 2 out of 3 games...Tampa is the LAST place team.....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11614
Team W L PCT GB
Boston 83 55 .601 -
NY Yankees 76 62 .551 7.0 ....yes thats 7 Games back!
Toronto 70 67 .511 12.5
Baltimore 59 77 .434 23.0
Tampa Bay 57 81 .413 26.0

Seattle is ONLY 1 game back on the wildcard with the yanks...after they beat the yankees and CLemens yesterday 7-1....and they play Seattle again today...Yankees are now just trying to grab a wildcard spot...Seattle has gotten over their 9 games losing streak and appears to be making a run for the final wildcard playoff spot...and yankees have no more cupcake games left, so they are in deep kimchi...

Yanks remaining games...
Remaining games (24): Sept. 4-5 vs. Seattle; Sept. 7-9 at Kansas City; Sept. 11-13 at Toronto; Sept. 14-16 at Boston; Sept. 17-19 vs. Baltimore; Sept. 21-24 vs. Toronto; Sept. 25-27 at Tampa Bay; Sept. 28-30 at Baltimore.

Red Sox beat Toronto 13-10...
It should be all over except the shouting as the Red Sox tread toward their first division title since 1995. Their lead in the East is the largest in any of the six divisions and they'll get a chance to extend it with right-hander Josh Beckett (16-6) on the mound today.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11765
Team W L PCT GB
Boston 86 56 .606 -
NY Yankees 79 62 .560 6.5 ....thats right, 6 1/2 games BACK
Toronto 72 68 .514 13.0
Baltimore 60 80 .429 25.0
Tampa Bay 58 83 .411 27.5

Last nite...

Red Sox beat Baltimore 4-0

Yanks beat Kansas City 3-2

Detroit beats Seattle 6-1

Seattle has lost 9 of last 10....Detroit coming on now in Wild card race...Yanks have a 3 game lead...only 3 weeks left in regular season, times running out!

New York 79 62 .560 - - 7-3 W3 9/7 @ KC, W 3-2 9/8 @ KC, 7:10P
Detroit 76 65 .539 3.0 19 5-5 W3 9/7 v SEA, W 6-1 9/8 v SEA, 7:05P
Seattle 74 65 .532 4.0 19 1-9 L3 9/7 @ DET, L 1-6 9/8 @ DET, 7:05P

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6028
this is a real tight race in the wildcard.

yanks better not blow it

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1684
detroit needs kenny rogers to step up for them to have a chance ...

if the yanks can harness mike mussina he needs to be in the rotation .. as much as i and alot of people like ian kennedy and phil hughes .. there kids ... and they will be good eventually ... just takes time to develop...

itll be a good 3 weeks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11767
I must say this has been a good fun thread...and as I stated earlier...about the Red Sox and Yankees...

Upload

Upload

Red Sox were underrated....

Yankees were overrated....

LMAO

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11950
Since I thought since Baseball is still well and alive..and only about 15-17 games left, before the playoffs...

Boston 89 58 .605 -
NY Yankees 83 62 .572 5.0 ... thats right 5 GAMES BACK
Toronto 72 73 .497 16.0
Baltimore 61 83 .424 26.5
Tampa Bay 61 85 .418 27.5

Upload

Wildcard Standings...some close races here...

American League....

New York 83 62 .572 - - 8-2 W7 9/12 @ TOR, W 4-1 9/13 @ TOR, 7:07P
Detroit 80 67 .544 4.0 13 7-3 W2 9/12 v TEX, W 5-1 9/14 @ MIN, 8:10P
Seattle 76 68 .528 6.5 12 3-7 W1 9/12 v OAK, W 6-5 9/13 v TB, 10:05P
Toronto 72 73 .497 11.0 7 3-7 L5 9/12 v NYY, L 1-4 9/13 v NYY, 7:07P

National League...

San Diego 78 66 .542 - - 4-6 L1 9/12 @ LAD, L 1-6 9/13 @ LAD, 10:10P
Colorado 76 69 .524 2.5 16 7-3 W2 9/12 @ PHI, W 12-0 9/13 @ PHI, 7:05P
Los Angeles 76 69 .524 2.5 16 6-4 W1 9/12 v SD, W 6-1 9/13 v SD, 10:10P
Philadelphia 76 69 .524 2.5 16 4-6 L2 9/12 v COL, L 0-12 9/13 v COL, 7:05P
Chicago 74 71 .510 4.5 14 4-6 W1 9/12 @ HOU, W 3-2 9/13 @ HOU, 8:05P
Milwaukee 74 71 .510 4.5 14 6-4 L1 9/12 @ PIT, L 4-7 9/14 v CIN, 8:05P
Atlanta 74 72 .507 5.0 13 5-5 L1 9/12 @ NYM, L 3-4 9/14 @ WSH, 7:05P

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6091
fri sat sun LK....get ready bud

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11964
Yankees lose to Toronto 2-1

Team W L PCT GB
Boston 89 58 .605 -
NY Yankees 83 63 .568 5.5 ...yes thats 5 1/2 GAMES BACK
Toronto 73 73 .500 15.5
Baltimore 62 83 .428 26.0
Tampa Bay 61 86 .415 28.0

Upload

WILD CARD STANDINGS....

American League

New York 83 63 .568 - - 7-3 L1 9/13 @ TOR, L 1-2 9/14 @ BOS, 7:05P
Detroit 80 67 .544 3.5 13 7-3 W2 9/12 v TEX, W 5-1 9/14 @ MIN, 8:10P
Seattle 77 68 .531 5.5 12 4-6 W2 9/13 v TB, W 8-7 9/14 v TB, 10:05P
Toronto 73 73 .500 10.0 7 3-7 W1 9/13 v NYY, W 2-1 9/14 v BAL, 7:07P
Minnesota 72 74 .493 11.0 6 3-7 L1 9/12 @ KC, L 3-6 9/14 v DET, 8:10P
Oakland 72 76 .486 12.0 4 4-6 W1 9/13 v TEX, W 6-5 9/14 v TEX, 10:05P
Texas 69 77 .473 14.0 3 6-4 L3 9/13 @ OAK, L 5-6 9/14 @ OAK, 10:05P
Kansas City 63 82 .434 19.5 E 3-7 W1 9/12 v MIN, W 6-3 9/14 @ CLE, 7:05P
Baltimore 62 83 .428 20.5 E 3-7 W1 9/13 v LAA, W 3-0 9/14 @ TOR, 7:07P
Chicago 62 84 .425 21.0 E 5-5 W1 9/12 v CLE, W 7-4 9/14 v LAA, 8:11P
Tampa Bay 61 86 .415 22.5 E 5-5 L3 9/13 @ SEA, L 7-8 9/14 @ SEA, 10:05P

National League
San Diego 78 67 .538 - - 3-7 L2 9/13 @ LAD, L 3-6 9/14 v SF, 10:05P
Los Angeles 77 69 .527 1.5 16 6-4 W2 9/13 v SD, W 6-3 9/14 v ARI, 10:40P
Philadelphia 77 69 .527 1.5 16 5-5 W1 9/13 v COL, W 12-4 9/14 @ NYM, 7:10P
Colorado 76 70 .521 2.5 15 6-4 L1 9/13 @ PHI, L 4-12 9/14 v FLA, 9:05P
Milwaukee 74 71 .510 4.0 14 6-4 L1 9/12 @ PIT, L 4-7 9/14 v CIN, 8:05P
Atlanta 74 72 .507 4.5 13 5-5 L1 9/12 @ NYM, L 3-4 9/14 @ WSH, 7:05P
St. Louis 69 75 .479 8.5 10 2-8 L7 9/13 @ CIN, L 4-5 9/14 v CHC, 8:10P
Cincinnati 67 79 .459 11.5 6 5-5 W3 9/13 v STL, W 5-4 9/14 @ MIL, 8:05P
San Francisco 66 80 .452 12.5 5 4-6 L1 9/12 v ARI, L 4-9 9/14 @ SD, 10:05P
Pittsburgh 65 81 .445 13.5 4 6-4 W1 9/12 v MIL, W 7-4 9/14 @ HOU, 8:05P
Washington 65 81 .445 13.5 4 6-4 L2 9/12 @ FLA, L 4-5 9/14 v ATL, 7:05P
Florida 63 83 .432 15.5 2 4-6 W2 9/12 v WSH, W 5-4 9/14 @ COL, 9:05P
Houston 63 83 .432 15.5 2 2-8 L2 9/13 v CHC, L 2-6 9/14 v PIT, 8:05P

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1442
Upload

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6108
LOL

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1447
Yanks win the first one with the Sox, 8-7.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6113
nice bullpen

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12002
RED SOX HAMMER THE YANKEES 10-1...Game 3 tomorrow nite...

Beckett, Sox make statements against Yankees!

Josh Beckett became MLB's first 19-game winner, and the Red Sox put Friday's devastating loss in the rearview mirror, ripping the Yanks, 10-1, and pushing their AL East lead to 5 1/2.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3945
cant wait till tonights game even though it doesnt matter 5.5 lol with 13 games left

here we go red sox here we go

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1460
I guess it didn't matter. Yankees win again! Great pitching by the Rocket. Jeter is one of the best clutch hitters in the majors!!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6131
:-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12043
Team W L PCT GB
Boston 90 60 .600 -
NY Yankees 85 64 .570 4.5

Red Sox still up by 4 1/2 games with only about 12 left in the season..

Upload

Yanks fighting to get the wildcard spot..Detroit only 2 1/2 back for wildcard while staying close to the Yanks..

As of now , it appears that the Red Sox will be playing Cleveland in the AL playoffs....and The LA Angels will be playing either the Yanks or Detroit

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3959
yup doesnt matter to me aslong as we take the al east to shut them up

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6134
yea, i guess its about time you guys win it....we have won it 9 years running lol

oh well, you take the division, we'll take the world series

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12055
The past is irrelevant!...this is 2007!...its the present that counts, along with the future...history is just that, history!...past tense...it means nothing here..

BTW...The yankees have to first make the playoffs to be even eligible for a shot at the AFC championship, nevermind the world series...

It surely appears that U made some serious misjudgements about the Red Sox and the Yankees, since U first started posting in this thread!...go back and read them....hows that CROW taste buddy!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1463
Please tell the Sux fans who keep on bringing back the 2004 world series about how the past is irrelevant! The present is no matter how good the Sox are RIGHT NOW, the Yanks are better! Just pray the Yanks don't make the playoffs!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6141
best damn tasting crow ever LK....ima go back right now and take a look....gurantee you what i said, isnt too off from the truth

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6142
go back and show me where i am eating crow besides the fact that the yanks are gonna win the east?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12065
Yanks Fan
Gold Member

Fi SSD USA Post Number: 4658
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 01:37 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LK...you have nothing on the yanks offense so dont even bring that into play unless you want to be embarassed

FYI, we have A-Rod, Jeter, Giambi, Matsui, Abreu, Cano, Damon, Posada, Cabrera, Phelps, Mientkiewitz...cant beat that offense

pitching got off to a rough start this year but thatll be cleaned up...pitching staff is jsut as good as the red sox with Mussina, Wang, Pavano, Pettitte, Igawa, the BEST closer in the game Mariano Rivera, Proctor, Farnsworth, Myers...

and yuor pitching isnt too hot bud...shilling is out of his prime, wakefield isnt good, papelbon is a decent closer but still not too great...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12066
BTW...RED SOX are in FIRST Place!...Ahead of the yankees, who according to U past April, are a much better team...

yeah the Sox pitching and offense "don't come into play" unless I want to be embarassed!....

so hows that crow taste buddy!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1465
She hasn't sung yet...

Upload

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6144
lets take a peek at offensive stats:

yanks batting average - .287 (best in MLB)
red sox batting average - .280

yanks sluging percentage - .464 (best in MLB)
red sox sluging percentage - .441

yanks stolen bases - 116 (#7)
red sox stolen bases - 86

yankees RBIs- 835 (best in MLB)
red sox RBIs - 772

yanks home runs - 192 (tied for #3 in MLB)
red sox home runs - 149

yanks hits - 1500 (#2 in MLB)
red sox hits - 1449

yanks runs - 871 (best in MLB)
red sox runs - 807

so with all this said, i was correct to say the yankees offense is better....so try again with that arguement

now lets take a peek at pitching stats:
i was correct about schilling being out of his prime....hes 8-8 with an era just below 4
wakefield, i was correct about as well, hes 16-10 with an era of 4.68
but ill give it you, red sox pitching is better than the yankees. i was wrong on that. only thing ive been wrong with besides the yanks winning the division....

so wheres the next crow im about to eat?

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1467
Although some think it doesn't matter, Yanks won, Red Sux lose, Tigers lose. Oh well, it's just irrelevant I guess! lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6146
i think someones knocking on your door LK....lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12083
Team W L PCT GB
Boston 90 61 .596 -
NY Yankees 86 64 .573 3.5

Lets Go Red Sox....Lets Go Red Sox...

Upload

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6147
no comments on the offensive stats?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12107
The Sox FIRST place position speaks for itself...stats don't mean anything!...

Obviously the Sox has the offense when they needed it...more so than the yanks!...how else could they be in FIRST PLACE!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6163
red sox lose to toronto for the second straight day....4-3

yanks are beating the O's right now 12-0 in the 8th....

cleveland is beating det 7-4 right now

so
2.5 games back of boston
4.5 up on det
:-)

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1473
All are final. Same W-L results as yesterday!

Not that it mattered or is relevant!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1805
Would'nt that be somethin if the Yanks come back and win the division?? There's what...6 games left I think. Boston plays Oakland and Minnesota. NY plays Tampa and Baltimore. I would say that NY has the easier schedule of the remaining games.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6166
it would be something jesse....bet your bottom dollar ill make a thread about it and rub it in everyones face lol....but we have 11 games left a piece....boston is with toronto(1 game), tampa(3 games), oakland(3 games), and minnesota(4 games)....yanks have baltimore(1 game), toronto(4 games), tampa(3 games), and baltimore(3 games)....

its a race to the finish....i will be very surprised if the red sox dont win the division

Gold Member

Post Number: 1807
Ohhh there is 11 games...I just scanned espn REAL fast when I posted that..hehe.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6170
lol more games = more chance of catching them :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us