Speeding ticket taser

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11145
Ok. Is it just me or does this officer have an itchy taser button?

Even the joining officer late in the vid told him "good for you".

They seemed like two common ppl out on a drive and just wanted some answers on a regular "money generating" speed trap.

If these cops patrolled LA or NY they would have to multiply their taser gun production by I'd say a million.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13781
Becha that cop gets away with it on untrue grounds of "resisting arrest"... obviously the cop had no need to taser the guy for not signing the ticket...and there was no hint of an attempt to flee ...cop had a bug up his azz and just had to flex his powers unecessarily..In Florida , this is common tactics and their arbitrary use of force...In Mass or CT, that cop would be dead meat in a week!...In Florida, the cop would be given a commendation for bravery...strange how the Nortern states and Southern states differ on their policies, procedures and perceive things..

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1623
Cop is a little on the runt size so has that chip on the shoulder attitude. Probably got beat up all the time in High School. A real azzhole. With all the real criminals running around doing sh1t, a guy and his wife gets put through something like this just for a minor traffic violation.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11157
Man on youtube there's a comment war going on over that vid lol. 95% of the posters are shocked and angry at the cop's actions. 4% are cops themselves trying to DEFEND his actions. The other 1% is spam haha.

Seriously, the officer needs to be met in the back of a dark alley. Cops all across the country are probably high fiving each other. It takes a big man to taze a confused man and threaten to arrest his pregnant wife.

The law is pretty stupid if you can get arrested by failing to sign a ticket. I remember reading about a man who wrote on his check to the state for a traffic violation. In the notes section he put "For speed trap". It was returned to him and payment was denied. I'm not sure what became of him.....

Obviously there is a fine line that can't always be easily seen. Most see this as brutality and arrogance. Others would say the cop was doing his job. For me doing his job would be catching real criminals and not tazing speeders.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1625
I really want to know what will become of this. I do hope that it's addressed by the Law enforcement officials and not just pushed on the side. Just found out also that this was taped in Utah. I have a lot of friends in Utah. Just hope I don't see them being tasered in a video like this one!! lol

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2236
That guy should be fired, prosecuted for assault, and never allowed to work in law enforcement again. I can't believe people are posting comments on youtube and such in defense of him....all you have to do is listen to his conversation with the officer who arrives later to see that even HE knows what he did was wrong. He completely lied about what happened. He described it as though he had given the guy ample warning, which he didn't, and as if the guy had resisted arrest, which he did not.

Look I don't dislike police, there are a lot of great cops out there. But the fact is they are put in a position of great power and we need things like dash cams and civil rights to keep things just. Think about it, is it difficult to become a cop? FU<K NO!!! anyone can become a cop!!!! it's not like they go through a lot of testing of their character and judgement before we decide if they can handle the power.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11173
Apparently the incident is under investigation. The officer's name is John Garder with the UHP. There's a group of ppl trying to rally everyone concerned to call and voice their opinions. 435-789-3111. The vid is easy to find if anyone wants to read some of the comments. Just search "speeding ticket taser" and it'll come up. Wait a sec..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMaMYL_shxc

It's suprising just how many support the officer's actions.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1626
All these people who support this cop are probably saying 'he's just doing his job, what did you expect him to do, the guy deserved it'...yeah right. Until it happens to them!! I can see other cops backing up this guy, but regular citizens, they still believe that all officers are the good guys. Although there are many good cops, a lot of them had bad attitudes before they became cops and just continued to carry on their azzhole ways.

Hey Paul, it was cool that you could post that video. At least Ecoustics left it there for a while before taking it down.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11176
I still see it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13798
me too...still works fine here..

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1632
Yeah the one on that was on Paul's first post, I don't see it anymore.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11210
Strange. Must be on your end.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13819
well both me and Paul still see the video on the first post...driver standing with his back to the camera in handcuffs...and it still plays too...not sure how U loaded a .wmv file here like that, but its cool..

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2243
LK, You can embed youtube videos here now.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/updates/396131.html

Bronze Member
Username: Zxt

Post Number: 21
Here's another one.

Here shown a black man tasered for speeding 5 miles over the speeding ticket. 5 miles? And it took the police officer only 45 seconds from the time the vehicle stop to tasering the poor black guy.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3189
Utah Highway Patrolman John Gardner Cleared Of Any Wrongdoing In Investigation Of Jared Massey Tasering; Characterized As "Justified"

Communication: UHP investigators feel the officer who dealt with Jared Massey in this incident did not communicate well enough with Massey when he giving him the speeding ticket.

Investigation: UHP investigators acknowlege there was a delay in reporting the incident. The Department of Public Safety said they did not find out about it until three days after it happened, about the same time it was posted on YouTube.

Taser Use: The most important issue. UHP investigators said they feel that using it was justified and reasonable because when an officer is out there he or she has only a split second to make a decision on the use of force. In this incident they feel that use of force was justified because Massey had turned his back and looked like he was reaching into his pocket.

But here is the best part:

Gardner has been placed on paid administrative leave over death threats that were posted against the trooper's life on the Internet. As of right now, no disciplinary action against him appears to be contemplated.

The Utah Attorney General's Office has been asked to conduct a probe to see if any criminal violations occurred. The Utah Peace Officer Standards and Training Council also may be involved, DPS officials said.

A typical asshole cop who thinks he is better than everyone else. I kept hoping a car would veer over and take him out. I am glad there are death threats and hopefully they continue and he never makes it back on the force. Cops are pretty much worthless human beings. They never really help anyone and anytime there is a murder they show up too late and investigate. When is the last time you read about a cop actually PREVENTING a murder? Fück the police and fück Utah... that is all.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11556
It's the god complex they have. Within their administration the police force IS god. If you're in the group, meaning an officer, you're protected. Do you realize how many off duty cops who get pulled over for DWI get let go?

It's a "brotherhood" that sickens me. The corruption is unbelievable.

They've hated the dash cam the minute it came to use. For obviouse reasons.

Bronze Member
Username: Jervs

Post Number: 12
What! No administrative charges? Clearly the Jared Massey was asking why he was tasered and the cop couldn't give any explanation. That alone should be enough to see that the A-hol cop misused the taser gun.

Massey turned around because the a-hol cop pointed his taser gun, I think I will do the same thing because no one wants to look or face the taser gun and instinctively you will turn around.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13874
Paul...within the cops , the cop being pulled over simplys asks the arresting cop "Do U honor the badge"...its a little verbage all cops use as a "sign" that they are cops too..I've used it a couple times myself, it works!...just hopefully the arresting cop won't ask for your badge or cop ID...most won't...

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1292
^i'll have to use that next time....:-) when do you ask though?

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1678
But don't they beat the crap out of you worse if they find out you're lying about being a cop?

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1679
And then they'll arrest you for impersonating a police officer! lol

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1297
lol, it wouldn't be an open impersonation, they would only arrest you if you were running around the a cop outfit on

btw, what a c0cksucker, both of the officers in either vid

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I heard there would be hearing for the first video on January 12...its about the speeding ticket of Massey. I'm pretty sure the charges would drop down.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1349
cops take there privileges to far,some become cops just to get away with stuff,there has been cops here that got cut off the force for takin 10% of the crack from a crack bust to sell themselves.i kno a good cop,he is a really a good friend of mine that would do anythang for you if he liked you.he does not care if u smoke pot.but when it comes to heavy drugs like coke,meth etc,stuff that wasnt put on this earth by god i mean he will arrest you.he agrees some lil stuff is taken more seriously than the big stuff here.there has been ppl to commit muders here and they knew it,but still set them free.a woman killed her husband saying she was scared her husband would go crazy when he found out she ran all the credit cards up.she walked free.one of my friends fathers got shot by a 12 gauge just for walking into the yard of his brother in law.the shooter is free.on a national show that is broadcasted on the am frequenceies.the bill harvey show.he said if u want to get away with murder come to mcinnville tn.its pitiful how they care about the smaller thang more than what they hould really worry about.and i agree what was showed in them videos should be assault.he had no rights doign that and he did not read the man his rights.the cop shoulda been thrown in jail just like any other us citizen would have been.there is some real jack azz cops.one day a cop had the nerve to ask me why i was not at school.when my dad was in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. & one nite about 2 in the mornign a cop pulled my momma over cuz she was driving to slow & getting in the lines alil.she told the idiot she had worked for 16 hours and she was on the way home she very tired,but the cop got really smart,even tried searching the car for drugs becuase the way she was driving i wish i woulda been there

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Chris I am having a hard time reading your post. Please try to use proper punctuation and spaces next time. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1354
k

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1101
People, cops are not inherently evil. They're not all c0cksuckers, and they don't all have itchy trigger fingers.

There are probably several hundred speeders let go each day with warnings and no further action. I know many cops personally who are good people earning a living. I myself have gotten away with warnings more times than I have been ticketed.

However this guy was a piece of trash who acted rather brashly and should be prosecuted for what he did. This guy posed no threat, and he still went commando on him.

Just remember they are human too. They deserve the same respect that you would appreciate at your job.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us