You know what

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3748
"life is only a memory of what used to be"

is so so true, i don't know why but i felt like making a thread about this, life is so fvcked up all we have is memorys and thats it when your 80 on your death bed you have nothing to look "forward" to only memories. then everything goes by so fast all my nieces on nephews are going into high school, and kindergarden all ready and i remeber when they were just 1 or 2, what the fvcck happened to time? its just so surreal to me about everything that happens, like simple things like going to a party last weekend well its over and the next weekend is coming up allready, its like WTF just happened. the song by Tracy Lawrence - Time Marches On Lyrics is a great sum of my whole experience.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13307
Live each day to the fullest, so the memories will be good......

Today I had to bring my bud to the VA doctors for exploratory surgery/tests due to undiagnosed/unexplained stomach pains, that turned out to be a hidden pancreatic tumor, unseen with previous cat scans and MRI's etc.....and I was the one that had to tell him, cause he didn't remember the doctor even talking to him, while in the recovery room (heavily medicated)...his prognosis is not good...as he now weighs 120 lbs at 5'10", and aged 10 yrs in 3 months, and lost 60 lbs....tomorrow I have to call his children up North 1500 miles away, and let them know whats up, so they can be here next week when the tumor is removed and biopsied..and then take care of him, until whatever will be...

so life is short...goes by quick and faster as U get older...so memories must always be good ones...live each day to the fullest, so when its all over, everybody including yourself, will have Good memories!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12454
man do tell me where time goes

look we r already in November & xmas is only a few wks away then few days after its a whole new facking yr ! & the cycle goes on again ......

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3751
so true, everyone has to die sometime but when they do you allways question it, why now, but everyone gets older and older no going back, so make the most of it.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2063
Sorry to hear about your situation LK:-(, my thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Also sorry for taking things to a personal level in our sports debates recently. I'm sure you couldn't care less, but I have guilt issues with the way i treat people so i really am sorry. It's not a good excuse, but i've been going through some stuff lately myself (don't really want to specify), so i've treated some people very unfairly the last few days.

sorry, back to the topic.

Dustin i agree memories are precious, when i start thinkin about this stuff, it really makes me believe there has to be something more than the existence we know of. I'm also taking philosophy of religion right now so i'm talking about it 3 days a week LOL. What i mean is, untill recently i thought the idea of an eternal existence or afterlife was silly, i'm not so sure about that anymore. Live your life as a good soul, and who knows, maybe you and all your family will be together, happily for eternity :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13316
Pit...we are good...none of us are perfect...we all have issues sometimes...I myself have another very serious family issue going on too, so I may be taking out my frustrations on you and others...and sports and running has always been my best "stress reliever", but sometimes they don't work so well...so anyways...fuuucck it, don't take it personal if I go crazy sometimes or am "hardened"...LOL

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10859
In my teenage years I thought I was superman. Ate what I wanted, drank what I wanted, stayed up as late as I wanted, even b4 days of work. Then family life hit me. Buckled down, party life was over. Rolling into my thirties my career was set, had children of my own, married living in a beautiful home.

5 years later I'm divorced, see my daughter only 4 days a month, live alone with my son in a smaller house, trying to remember what the American dream was. I have to be grateful for what I do have and TRY not to dwell on what I lost.

Is the glass half empty or half full?

This vid helps to clarify how I try to feel about life everyday.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6762
live everyday as if you'll die tomorrow

and LK, i know we dont see eye to eye on most stuff, but sorry to hear about what your going through man.

just last year i was a high school senoir, graduating in a class of 550+ kids. many many real close friends, good memories. all of that is gone now, most of my friends went away to different colleges. it didnt strike me how much i would miss everyone until we all slpit up. sure we talk every week or so but its just not the same as seeing them everyday in school. never thuoght i would say this when i was there, but damn do i miss high school

Gold Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1119
I have to say I'm generally enjoying my life these days.

However, I've suffered through a divorce, and effectively had to go through an introspective break down and completely rebuild by life, both figuratively and literally, to get where I am at this juncture.

As for memories, I don't focus on them just yet. I'm just trying to live so I have some worth remembering later.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5412

quote:

live everyday as if you'll die tomorrow

yes and no, think about it if you have money why not spend it every day because you wont be able to the next. but really you need to still think of the future, so i dont really like that saying. but really just dont live with regrets.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 676
"Do nothing you regret, and regret nothing you do"

best advice ever

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1580
My lord... what a depressing thread. I hear ya tho. It goes quick. Stay up late and get up early. The days will be much longer. I am 34, two girls. I have had a 39 yr old brother and a 34 yr old sister pass on in the last 3 yrs. THAT SUCKS!!! One brother left now... the baby. Ya know I think about sh1t a lot, but my kids are what my whole existince is about I think. If u dont have kids... get some. Like christmas every day.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6764
"yes and no, think about it if you have money why not spend it every day because you wont be able to the next. but really you need to still think of the future, so i dont really like that saying. but really just dont live with regrets."

well thats completly true dope....but i think it was said to be more of a "live without regret" than a go out and spend all your money

Gold Member

Post Number: 1598
SAVE MONEY FOR YOUR RETIREMENT!!!
My generation (30's) they say is not saving for their golden years. I cant think of anything worse than retiring broke!! Social Sec, if it is still around, aint gonna cut it. Not even close. I think the baby boomers will wipe that out anyway.
Damn baby boomers

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13331
U never make real money or retirement money by saving...good credit is the key...cause the banks have tons of money, just waiting to lend U...making true money is in real estate, with the banks money...pump and dump - flip single family, 3-8 multi-family dwellings etc...and times will never be better than now, to buy...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1612
even with the housing crash? I have thought about getting in to that a little. Hard to do with career and 2 kids. U r right about good credit tho.
Ur money doubles every 6-8 years. In 35 years of work, if u contributed smart to a 401k or ira, u will retire with more than enough money to live on, AND leave plenty to the kids. I wasnt meaning being rich, just not broke. I have contributed since I was 24. Some 8%, but mostly 12. My company only matches 25% up to my 10%. Medium high risk. It seem s to be doing well.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12463
here is a great song which reminds me of stuff mentioned in this thread

ALAN JACKSON - "Remember When"

Remember when I was young and so were you
and time stood still and love was all we knew
You were the first, so was I
We made love and then you cried
Remember when

Remember when we vowed the vows
and walked the walk
Gave our hearts, made the start, it was hard
We lived and learned, life threw curves
There was joy, there was hurt
Remember when

Remember when old ones died and new were born
And life was changed, disassembled, rearranged
We came together, fell apart
And broke each other's hearts
Remember when

Remember when the sound of little feet
was the music
We danced to week to week
Brought back the love, we found trust
Vowed we'd never give it up
Remember when

Remember when thirty seemed so old
Now lookn' back it's just a steppin' stone
To where we are,
Where we've been
Said we'd do it all again
Remember when
Remember when we said when we turned gray
When the children grow up and move away
We won't be sad, we'll be glad
For all the life we've had
And we'll remember when.....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13333
I bought my first house at 19-20, sight unseen (I was in Nam), and never lived in it, and doubled my money in 2 years.......and then had a career, and raised 2 sons by myself...nobody says its easy, but thats where U make the money...and its NOT your money u're using...and its really NOT hard or difficult, at all....people are just afraid initially to borrow, but once U buy a house and flip it or a multi-family and make some easy good money, then U say to yourself "why didn't I do that sooner"..or "why was I even worried about this"...real estate is a win-win situation, unless U are a complete moron, with no common sense...just need to have the gonads to make the first investment, then its like a snowball rolling along..

I also had/have various type personal IRA's for many years, and actually they suck , compared to real estate...The IRA and 401K are OK, but so are bank Christmas clubs, and really not all that great...U make a little chump change, but nothing U could retire comfortably on... I have a VERY good retirement (when I retired at 47)...my IRA's...my CD's ....but the real money I make now and always, was in real estate...

luckily for me when I was vey young, I took the advice of a friends father, had some gonads and no fear then, and little but good credit, and had saved a litle bit for a small down payment (which u don't even need now...they just roll it and closing costs into the mortgages and lines of credit-(heloc))..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1614
Yeah, likek u said... the gonads...
I have been reading on the process, but thought it was a faster process. I guess u have to keep the house 2 years to get out of a lot of taxes. Still, nice

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3769
"My lord... what a depressing thread"

well i wasn't trying to make a depressing thread just voice my opinion, bout how life is fvcked up in all honesty i hoep theres life or some form of it after death, if not it life would seem like such a waste to me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us