Patriots go undefeated this season??

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2064
Anyone gonna stop them? I think that the only way they will lose is by beating themselves.

I'm a Niners fan BTW. Totally unbiased....

IMO, Their hardest games left are at Indy and at home against Pittsburgh. And I think they should win those games.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6486
if they win AT indy, they'll go 16-0....

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 620
I think Pittsburgh will pull the upset. Although, i'm a huge Pittsburgh fan, so i'm completley biased.. lol.

That being said, I honestly think that when Pits on top of their game, the only team that can beat them right now is the Colts, if even.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 621
oh, i also think Indy will beat them. Manning is just untouchable.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10566
Ironic. I'm from Pittsburgh. Will always cheer for them. Brady got me 43 points today on my fantasy team. Holy crap!!!!

There's already talk about an undefeated season from New England. It just might happen.....

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13003
It wont happen but they will win the super bowl

Gold Member

Post Number: 2069
Yeah, I doubt that it will happen cause anything can happen on any sunday. But they have a good chance.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15443
yeah i doubt they will have a perfect season. as soon as they lock in the home field advantage in the playoffs, you know they gonna bench some starters. you don't need injuries.

but indy will beat them.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12884
I am a long time Red Sox and Patriots fan...I believe the Patriots , without a doubt, have more talent and the best team attitude than any other team in the NFL...I'd match up Brady with ANY QB in the NFL, including Manning...I believe the Pats will beat the Colts and soundly too...todays game, I think, against Dallas, was a prelude to this years Superbowl...

I think the Pats have the best chance since the 72 Dolphins to go undefeated...BUT, do I think its gonna happen...nope...on any given week, any team can win or lose 1...lady luck is also a big part in an undefeated season...the Pats could easily lose 1 to some team with less talent, but has a very good and lucky game..here some facts..

Since the beginning of the N.F.L. Championship in 1933 there have been three undefeated teams. The 1972 Miami Dolphins, the 1942 Chicago Bears and the 1934 Chicago Bears all went undefeated through the regular season. The two Bears teams went on to lose the championship games 30-13 to the Giants in 1934 and 14 to 6 to the Redskins in 1942. The Dolphins on the other hand ran roughshod through the playoffs on the way to becoming Super Bowl VII Champions 14 to 7 over the Redskins. Thinking about this statistically you have to look at the odds of this happening. In the last seventy three seasons it has only happened three times. Since the institution of the Super Bowl, thirty one years ago it has happened once. And that was with a fourteen game schedule (the Bears did it 11-0 in 1942, and 13-0 in 1934), not the sixteen game schedule that teams play today.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 1958
the 0-6 dolphins will beat the 6-0 pats next weekend, you heard it here first.

Gold Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1078
Holy Cow Batman!!! Nobody can stop the Pats!!!

Indy? Just an appetizer.
Pittsburg? Not a chance.
Miami? Maybe???

Injuries? Bad luck? A bad hair day???? The Patriots are immune to all that. Heck, they shouldn't even have to play the rest of their season. Just crown them the champs right now and be done with it.

Back in the real world: do they have a chance? Maybe, but then again so do the Colts at this point. Speculating at this point is just stupid IMO. And no, I'm not a Colts fan.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10571
^^^Now how is Pittsburgh a "Not a chance" and Miami a "maybe"????

With this league give me 10+ wins first then talk about an undefeated season. It's too early.

Gold Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1079
It was a joke

I share the sentiment though. When they're 13-0, then we'll talk. 6-0 with their hardest games yet to come, not so much.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6490
dont sleep on miami, they give the pats trouble everytime.....if i recall correctly, mia beat pats on monday nite last year....correct me if im wrong, going from memory early in the AM lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1959
yeah yanks i was serious about Miami, the Pats are always great, and yet Miami often finds a way to beat them. Also it is unbelievable how much credit people ARENT giving the Colts. They won the superbowl, they beat the pats last time they played em, they're also 6-0, and I would argue that the colts' defense might be better this year than the pats D. And as far as offense, the pats have been lighting it up for 6 games, the colts have been lighting it up for YEARS now!

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15447
yep. colts will repeat.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1169
This was the first test for the PATS, they looked very good. BUT, was it really a test? Dallas had an even weaker schedule than the Pats. NO WAY they go undefeated. Way too hard. The colts will get em for sure... Cant wait for that one.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10572
Can't wait to see the total passing yards on that game. Dare I say 600+???

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12888
Pats QB and receivers are the best in the NFL...and many players are multi skilled...special teams and D is amazing...and IMPROVED from last year...no major losses in personnel , only great gains this season, to bolster an already great team..

Brady leads the NFL in yards ..as does Moss too..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1170
Sure they do, as they should...they played sh1tty teams with a combined losing record even after beating a 5-0 team. They WILL play better teams... then we will see. I think they are a great team and have won money on them every week so far, but they are riding the emotions right now of that cheating thing.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15450
well the true test will come when they go to indy to play the colts. it will be the game of the year.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1171
It will be a good one... Colts will have to find a way to stop Stallworth. Moss should be held in check. Pressure Brady... I bet the O/U will be near 60.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12890
Patriots..

2007 Game averages

PTS
(1st) in NFL

YDS
(1st) ..NFL

PASS YDS
(1st) ...NFL

RUSH YDS

Week Date Game Time (EST) Attendance Top Passer Top Rusher Top Receiver

1 Sep 09 NE 38 @ NYJ 14 FINAL 77,900 NE Tom Brady: 297Yds NE Laurence Maroney: 72Yds NE Randy Moss: 183Yds

2 Sep 16 SD 14 @ NE 38 FINAL 68,756 NE Tom Brady: 279Yds NE Laurence Maroney: 77Yds NE Randy Moss: 105Yds

3 Sep 23 BUF 7 @ NE 38 FINAL 68,756 NE Tom Brady: 311Yds NE Laurence Maroney: 103Yds NE Randy Moss: 115Yds

4 Oct 01 NE 34 @ CIN 13 FINAL 66,113 CIN Carson Palmer: 234Yds NE Sammy Morris: 117Yds NE Randy Moss: 102Yds

5 Oct 07 CLE 17 @ NE 34 FINAL 68,756 CLE Derek Anderson: 287Yds NE Sammy Morris: 102Yds CLE Braylon Edwards: 110Yds

6 Oct 14 NE 48 @ DAL 27 FINAL 63,984 NE Tom Brady: 388Yds DAL Julius Jones: 51Yds NE Donte' Stallworth: 136Yds

Gold Member

Post Number: 1174
3 of the 6 have only won one game each...

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15451
oh god. here goes LK with the stats again. :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12893
The Pats 6-0 record speaks for itself...as does their highest point average and the usual low scores of opposing teams....regardless of who U play, U cannot be any better than winning each game and by a good margin!...U guys will see in February..

I told ya the Sox were a better team than the Yanks, last April, and look what happenned and where they are now...well u can do the same for the Pats now!...mark my words...there is NO way, the Colts will repeat!

Gold Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1080
"The Pats 6-0 record speaks for itself..."

Yeah and the Colts 5-0 record just means they suck, right? The Pats have shown that they are once again a formidable force. But until they actually go into Indy and beat the hell out of the Colts (aka the defending champs, aka the people who last defeated the Pats), anything more than that is pointless speculation. You can have all the stats in the world; it won't mean sh!t on game day. Heck, look at college football...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12895
Thats true...stats aren't everything...lets see who's in the Superbowl this year...and it doesn't matter who wins, Colts or Pats against each other (its ONLY 1 game)...its all about the FINAL results and who's there in February!

But this should be a shoot out, so it'll be fun...

9 Nov NE @ IND 4:15 PM CBS

Gold Member

Post Number: 1175
Will be a great 1. FOR SURE.

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 175
no.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2934
I think that Washington in week 8 has a chance. Their defense is top 5 in both run and pass, and they are strong, physical and very quick. The Skins match up well against the Pats offense IMO. Jason Campbell is a very good young QB and he is improving every week on his reads and composure in the pocket. He also has a rocket arm and a great group of receivers to throw to with Moss, Lloyd, Randle-El, and Cooley. Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts both have good power and speed and Portis is due for a breakout game anytime now. Not saying it is a sure thing but the Pats better not take the Skins lightly or they will get a big surprise at home.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10587
Moss better start stepping it up for me. He got me -2 points this past week. He's been less than quiet so far.

WAKE UP MOSS!! Lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1971
@MIA
vs.WAS
@IND
@BAL
vs.PIT
@NYG

they'll lose AT LEAST one of those.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10592
I'm hoping it'll be to Pitt.

Oh, and the post times are all screwed up now. Welcome to Ecoustics.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15460
"I told ya the Sox were a better team than the Yanks, last April, and look what happenned and where they are now...well u can do the same for the Pats now!...mark my words...there is NO way, the Colts will repeat!"

well if the pats become like the sox, that means they will have an awesome season and blow it at the playoffs. maybe i am speaking too soon with this statement but it really appears that way with the sox. if they sox pull it out, i'll eat every single word i said.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6517
^^lol chad....and pit, i agree, thats a tough 6 game stretch....they very well could lose 1 of those....even 2 of them depending on wat happens.....its sports, you never know what will happen

Gold Member

Post Number: 1972
Those games i listed are not all consecutive games, i was just listing the ones i see as most likely to bring a Patriots loss.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4031
pats will have a tough game at miami just for the fact its miami but i am biased towards then since i live in MA and have been a fan forever i still dont think they will go perfect i would love to see it though

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12971
I see Miami possibly going WINLESS 0-16 this season..I think thats more likely than a Pats undefeated season...Pats will be in the Superbowl, but undefeated, is just about an impossible task for any team ever!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1993
Pats won't be in the superbowl. They can't stop Peyton. Peyton just had to get over the hump against them which he did in the playoffs last year. Colts have a better QB, better running game, better coach, they don't cheat....

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15487
GO COLTs!!!!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10670
Brady is unbelievable. First half stats: 11/13, 220yrds, 4 td's.......first half!!! He's got me 32 fantasy points so far. My only fear is they'll pull him in the second half!!

Had this image emailed to me. Thought you'd get a kick out of it LK.......

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10671
Scratch that. Make it 16/19 for 291 yrds for 5 td's!!!!!.......That's 41 fantasy points....in two quarters........wow.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12978
I have posted that Patriots pic myself at many sites, many weeks ago...its OLD..

BTW...The Pats are for real...Brady is for real....Moss, Welker, Stallworth, G Brady are for real!...and the Defense, which is outstanding, will ONLY get better when Richard Seymour returns!...this maybe the best offensive team ever!...SEE YA IN FEBRUARY!

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13025
07 Pats> 85 Bears(was the greatest team ever)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12983
Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
T. Brady 21/25 354 6 0 rating 128.9

Half time...42-7
Final ....49-28

Wowsa!

Pats hammer Dolphins..

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2953
LOL where is Phil? He was saying last night in chat that the Dolphins would beat NE and I told him it would be a massacre. If I remember right I predicted 41-14. Next week will be a totally different outcome... read my post about 15 up.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 478
whoops did i say dolphins. i meant to say redskins. lol

but you gotta admit if i would have been right you would have been blown away

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10673
50 total fantasy points today from Brady. He's consistantly in the 30's for me every week. My league hates me cause I refuse to trade my benched QB, Romo. I'm shrewd lol. I'll be getting paid for high point total for the week as well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1996
"07 Pats> 85 Bears(was the greatest team ever)"

after 7 games? c'mon chauncey that's retardedly premature. If they don't win it all, their stats don't matter, if they went 16-0 it wouldn't matter, they aren't even in the discussion if they don't win the superbowl.

"50 total fantasy points today from Brady. He's consistantly in the 30's for me every week."

i got Brady in the ecoustics league Paul...he's a monster.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10689
Yes he is Pit, yes he is......

Gold Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1107
Meanwhile the Colts dispatch the Jags without issue... We're going to have a good battle in a couple weeks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2099
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2011
MNF was really disappointing :-( Jags tried to get all clever, passing way too much and not sticking to what they crushed the colts with last time. Then when they finally ran the ball for a whole drive, they scored their only touchdown. Also Garard got hurt in the 2nd quarter and Gray the backup threw some picks and got sacked for a safety.

though it'd be the game of the year, disappointing :-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13212
Can't watch this slaughter anymore....

Patriots embarassing the Redskins 45-0

Brady throws 3 TD's and runs for 2...and still have the 4th quarter to play...Brady out, and all the 2-3rd teams in now

Gold Member

Post Number: 1503
All this does is set up the super bowl. Too bad 2 afc teams cant play for it... who ever wins this should be the champs. IMO
Of course I am talkin about the Colts/Pats next week

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10798
Brady is my fantasy monster. What a shootout next week!

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3724
wow its official i hate the pats even more, there dominating the skins so instead of just running the clock down, they go for the endzone to make an even bigger blow out, what a bunch of c0cksuckers, i hope indy puts an azz whooping on them next weekend.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10804
I'm a steeler fan so you know I hate them both deep down. What a game though......

Gold Member

Post Number: 2036
i agree dustin, belicheck is really an arogant fu<khead...the fake spike last week against miami when they were up like 35-0 was just a slap in the face.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6658
gotta disagree with you guys....i hate the pats just as much if not more than both of you but i dont see any problem with going for it on 4th and 1 when your up by 45. number one rule in sport is dont give the other team an opportunity to get back into. granted the skins had zero chance of coming back. think about it tho, if you were a fan of them, would you want your team to back down when their up by 45? hell no you wouldnt, atleast i wouldnt. another golden rule in sports, if your good enough to beat a team 50-0, then you beat that team 50-0 and not 1 point less. game today against the skins was a statement game. their going into the biggest game of the year this coming weekend against the colts. why not make a statement before it? and further more, they did back down. they put their back-ups in and even their 3rd string quarterback for a drive. i know it seems like a d1ck move to do but i cant blame belicheck or the pats. they are pros doing their job.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10807
Is there a mercy rule in pro sports? Maybe there should be........lol.

Naw. They make tooooons of $$$$. Deal with it. Sheesh.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2037
Yanks i was referring to last week against miami just before half time. I don't have a problem with the pats trying to score more points, i mean hell, they weren't even in the second half! I think it was pretty shady though that they would run a FAKE SPIKE. Think about it they ran a fake spike trying to fool their opponent into thinking they were content going to halftime so they could get an easy touchdown throwing to a deep guy after the defense hopefully gave up on the coverage.

THAT in my opinion is a little disrespectful. Also the general style of play. When a team is up by that much they always just kinda run the ball a lot because it's the statistically smarter thing to do anyway. That way they are running more time off the clock, avoiding big INTs, just holding onto the ball and not giving the opponent a big play. The Pats are fu<king arogant as sh!t throwing deep passes all over the place when their up by 40, blatantly showing off cause they think their hot sh!t...which they are right now, but who likes a bunch of cocky douchebags? How about being humble and respectful to your opponents?

I don't think their should be rules against or penalties for anything i've mentioned, i just think it reflects poorly on the character of their head coach.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4040
mhh wait a sec guys u do know belicheck just doesnt give a sh!t anymore after the whole camera thing people were talking sh!t and were just proving a point u think there cheating when they score 50 pts a game just wait till that jets game oh mangini is gonna wish he didnt do that mhh 100-0 lol.

And they do this cause they can and indy cant stop them

Gold Member

Post Number: 2041
oh yeah charlies not biased at all either!!! except that the Pats LOST to the colts last time they played and haven't yet played them this year, besides that yeah the colts "cant stop them".

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13258
I definitely think Belicheck is trying to prove a point to all the other teams, who would not stand up and admit their same "camera techniques", and decided to "play the fence", and bash the Patriots for it!...Now he is showing the other teams, fans, and the league, what the Patriots are really all about, with or without any camera's...payback is a b*itch!..Belicheck and the Patriots are making a Statement to the entire NFL!

BTW...watch what happens next week to the Colts!...and don't be whining with excuses after the game!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10811
I want 300+ yards and 5 td's out of Brady.Upload

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3729
"When a team is up by that much they always just kinda run the ball a lot because it's the statistically smarter thing to do anyway. That way they are running more time off the clock, avoiding big INTs, just holding onto the ball and not giving the opponent a big play. The Pats are fu<king arogant as sh!t throwing deep passes all over the place when their up by 40, blatantly showing off cause they think their hot sh!t"

very well said, agree 10000% i could care less if they score points its just how they do it, if you run the ball and take time off the clock is one thing but when you throw 40yd passes just to score to make it an even bigger blow out is g@y, but whatever i guess we'll find out next weekend "whos the best"

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13265
what a bunch of fairys....this is NFL football with grown men being paid million $$$$ to do something they have worked their entire lives for which will also determine their futures for them and their families , not a little kid street fight!...NOT I'm taking my marbles and going home crap!......U are mean crap!,,..NOT!!!!..and I know whenever I had a beef or encounter with an opponent (sports, military, or street fight) I kicked him when he was down too, amd made sure the basta*rd never got up!...If U wanna dance, then U gotta pay the fiddler!...and if U can't handle it, then get the fuuuucck out of the kitchen!

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3736
ya you say that now but what if it was the pats getting their azz handed to them, guess we will see next weekend.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13268
If the Pats had lost, then I would be man enough to NOT WHINE!@...what a bunch of whining babies!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2045
i don't know who the hell you're talking to LK, but i sure wasn't whining. I'm having a discussion about football, which is why i post in the OT section cause i enjoy the discussion/debate. I don't give a sh!t about any of the teams the pats have played, and haven't made "excuses" for anything. i'm a bears fan.

you calling us whiners tells me you don't have much of an argument to put up, and you're only on the side you're on cause it's your team...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13275
should I be on a "side" of some other team?...ya think?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4041
lol guys if the players cant take a beating like that then why are they even on the field its not high school were u dont run up the score its the nfl you do whatever it takes to prove your the best and thats what the pats are doing.

and if they lose which i already said they will at somepoint im not going to cry about iot even if they lose by 70 pts im going to take it like a man and give credit to the team that won not just talk sh!t about them like everyone else does.

if this was the colts everyone would say that peyton is a genious but they dont do that for brady why cause no one likes the pats cause thwy win

Gold Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1113
The Colts aren't winning Charlie?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13280
The Colts are a good team with a great coach and yes are undefeated...

But the same can be said about the Patriots..but all I see here is Patriot bashing and Manning glorification...

Let this weeks game prove who is a better team....then lets hear again from all the whiners..at least us Patriots fan, don't whine and bash about everthing!...we're a little more mature than that!...we've had bad seasons in the past, and can accept defeat and give credit where its due...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2049
at this point i see the pats going 15-1 or 14-2, depending on this weekends game. I see the pats/colts game as a toss up. @indy, vs.Pitt, and @NYG are the 3 biggest threats to me, but i doubt they'd lose all 3.

as far as the pats/colts game, i think Bob Sanders is the x-factor. he has potential to take over games on defense, incredible run stopper and playmaker. if he can hold off maroney/faulk, and disrupt Brady, i like the colts. on the other hand if the Pats get out to a big lead like they did in the playoffs last season, i don't see the colts making another comeback cause the pats Offense is so much improved that they won't stop scoring once they start.

CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAMMEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10827
Too bad it isn't the Monday night game......

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13284
Chad Lee
Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15460
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 07:47 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I told ya the Sox were a better team than the Yanks, last April, and look what happenned and where they are now...well u can do the same for the Pats now!...mark my words...there is NO way, the Colts will repeat!"

well if the pats become like the sox, that means they will have an awesome season and blow it at the playoffs. maybe i am speaking too soon with this statement but it really appears that way with the sox. if they sox pull it out, i'll eat every single word i said.

Still waiting chad!...LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 2097
since i've been accused of not making enough predictions, i say the Pats will beat Baltimore, beat the Steelers, go 15-0 and then on Saturday night December 29th they will LOSE @ the New York Football Giants.

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1611
Just wanted to add what Don Shula had to say about the Patriots going undefeated this season , from the New York Daily News: "The Spygate thing has diminished what they've accomplished. You would hate to have that attached to your accomplishments. They've got it."

Gold Member

Post Number: 2153
First I want to say that Shula and all of the 1972 Dolphins will always say whatever they can to keep the title of the only undefeated team ever. They pop champagne every season when the last undefeated team loses. I do not believe that the Pats should get an asterisk myself.

Some stats from the 1972 dolphins...

"The 1972 Dolphins' opponents combined for an abominable 70-122-4 record. The 1972 team did not face a team that finished better than 8-6."

If the Pats go undefeated I would have to say that they are better than the 72' Dolphins.

Shula shouldnt really be opening his mouth about doing wrong and losing draft picks. He was still the coach of the Baltimore Colts when he signed with the Dolphins causing the Dolphins to lose their 1st round pick to the Colts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2120
72' Dolphins are overrated. They are NOT the best team ever regardless of what the Pats end up doing this year.

Do the Pats deserve an asterisk on whatever they accomplish this year? No. Not in the sense that it helped their performance. They do however continue to establish their reputation as a less than classy group of people. Not ALL of them, but some. Who knows what coaches/coordinators and whoever were involved in the cheating that DID happen and they were punished for. Forgiven but not forgotten.

Vrabel's comments about Shula being a "washed up old quarterback" were really uncalled for, and just plain rude.

But as far as them as a football team, if they win the superbowl, and had 1 or no losses in the regular season, they'll probably be in the discussion of greatest teams ever.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10925
Well in all honesty the "spying" never came into play since the film was confiscated before viewed on thier first game. It had no impact on the game. Both the coach and team got fined for thier actions.

The pats have indeed earned thier record and if they do indeed go up 10 more wins then so be it. A record is a record and if every team/player doesn't play thier best just to save the other team's pride then all records would stand forever. What fun would the olympics be without the record breakers??? Like I said these guys get paid millions of $$$, win or lose. Deal with it.

I read Shula's comments on Yahoo and was really quite annoyed. Every record or streak gets broken, eventually. Deal with it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13452
Ditto...I agree 100% with ya Paul..and NOT cause its my team, the Pats...some of these other posts here are just unbelievable and childish...as are any asteriks remarks by anyone, or mention of any advantages regarding a camera confiscation..

Pit ..how can U say a team is overated if they went UNDEFEATED in 72...I remember that season very well, and there were some great teams and players then!...what , U think SUDDENLY, that year all the rest of the league sucked!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2124
maybe i should have been more specific. Yes i think they are overrated in the sense that many people think they are hands down the greatest ever because they went 17-0. As Naledge already pointed out, just going by the numbers they had a REALLY easy schedule. So even if their were "great teams and great players" their schedule clearly avoided most of them. Obviously it's a subjective matter as they did not choose their schedule, and they can't beat the teams they don't get to play but IMHO there are other teams that were better than them i.e. the 70's steelers, 85' Bears etc.

i'm not doggin them or anything, they're obviously one of the greatest teams ever. And they had one of my all time favorite players, Larry Csonka!!!!!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1612
I agree that there is no way that the Pats should have an 'asterisk' next to their record if they do indeed go undefeated. Although I hate them, they are still a great team. That's just sour grapes on Shula's part. Anybody going undefeated now would already do better than the Dolphins by winning 2 more games than them.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Money man, blowin

Post Number: 3033
Paul, no the video may not have affected the games this year, but how about the years past? No one knows how long this whole scandal has been going on, and their championships could even be doubted because of it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2135
A great philosopher once said, "When an action is once done, it is right or wrong forever; no accidental failure of its good or evil fruits can possibly alter that."

The Patriots cheated plain and simple. Even if one does not think it helped them in any significant way, that is hardly the point, they still cheated, and it will always be reflected in the way people view them. Furthermore as Reece pointed out, they've won multiple championships in the last several years. So even if it didn't help them this season, we don't know how much it may have helped in seasons past.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10948
True guys. It's also something most coaches will admit that is being done all across the league. I'm no Pats fan, trust me lol. Should they take away homers from players yesterday who have been caught juicing up today? Just how many past superbowl winners cheated in some form or another that we won't ever know about?? Who knows, maybe Shula himself back in 72 had a helping hand behind the scenes somehow.

God knows I'd die if the IRS could audit me from 15 years ago.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2138
"It's also something most coaches will admit that is being done all across the league."

Well i haven't heard any coaches say that. And I sure as hell think if other coaches saw the patriots as being unfairly accused or singled out, they'd speak up about it. Most Pats fans seem to just blame everyone else for disliking or being jealous of their wins/success. But I don't buy for a second that they are just a pawn being used as an example, or that people are just out to get them. If there is some level of "bending the rules" that is generally considered acceptable, i have to believe the Pats took it to a new level.

"Should they take away homers from players yesterday who have been caught juicing up today?"

Absolutely not. Just like we cannot, and should not, take away wins or rings from the Pats. But part of the punishment that in my opinion they deserve is the loss of a little bit of respect/credibility.

Lk's gonna hate me for this post

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10953
It all comes down to the one who gets caught first gets the blunt of it. We're in a dog eat dog world and it doesn't stop at football. Ppl will do whatever they can until someone stops them, and makes an example, to set a precedent. As rules change so will the cheating........

Bronze Member
Username: Josh85

Gordon, PA

Post Number: 28
But it doesn't excuse it. The Pats will get beaten by Pitt. There won't be an issue.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2156
well the steelers gotta worry about the Cleveland Clowns right now. and yes, they SHOULD be worried, the clowns are no joke this year...<---lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13826
Pats are 11-0 and counting down...beat a good looking Philly team yesterday, but I knew AJ Feely is a choker!...so I wasn't too concerned about the score and outcome..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2259
5 more teams have a chance to beat a beatable team, GO RAVENS!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2305
Baltimore off to a nice start against the Gaytriots. 21 minutes in and it's 10-3 Ravens....could tonight be the night!? :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11371
Could be. But...................

The Pats will settle down during halftime and take control of the 2nd half. They WILL take the win I'm afraid. Just my two pennies.

This from the dude who has Brady on his fantasy team lol.

I'm so fucked this week...........

Gold Member

Post Number: 2280
I actually want to see them go undefeated lol. There is alot of game left but Baltimore is off to a great start.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11372
Like I said, the Pats will settle down into their game. Look for a Patriot 2nd half.

I'm from Pittsburgh so you know I'm against them from inside but.........

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11376
This is.......well.............

What's going on????????

LOL.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2284
This is a great game!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11377
Glad I'm recording it......Sorta.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2287
Baltimore just gave it away. How many key penalties did they have tonight to keep the Pats in it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2288
The end of that game was kinda like this....

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1997
damn good game...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2307
Damn the patriots are really good i can't even front. It's really a shame they're gonna lose in the playoffs.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7362
gaffneys "catch" wasnt one....

baltimore outplayed the pats and proved they can be beaten....baltimore won that game in my book....ashame that doesnt count for anything....

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7366
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KVbDQF8m1-4

billick > harrison

Gold Member

Post Number: 2311
Yanks you couldn't be more right about Gaffney's catch. He was still juggling and trying to gain control of the ball when he had already gone outta bounds. My old man was like "Look he got both feet in see", to which i responded "Yeah, except he hadn't finished catching the ball!!!" I understand the call on the field was a TD so they would have to overturn that, and in my opinion it would've been correct and fair to do so. The burden of proof is on the receiver to have complete control of the ball while still in bounds. I was shocked they allowed that touchdown to stand when he was clearly still trying to reel it in.

As far as the Pats being beatable, that is not even debatable at this point. Dallas, Indy, Philly and Baltimore have all proven that they are very beatable.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11390
On to Pittsburgh.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13837
That Gaffneys catch was as clean as can be...he had 100% figers control and was just "tucking" the ball..stop the whining now!

I will say that the Patriots were GIVEN that game by the STUPID actions of the Ravens with penalties and the Ravens defensive co-ordinator's "time out"...The Pats were VERY lucky to have won BOTH the last 2 games against Philly and the Ravens..but I'll take Lady LUCK any day!....hopefully with 2 bad games, they'll step back up to the plate!

BTW...once the TD was called...the burden of proof to reverse the call is the opposite...must prove without a doubt that he did NOT have control...

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1654
Gotta give the Pats credit for stopping the run in the latter part of the game.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2313
"That Gaffneys catch was as clean as can be...he had 100% figers control and was just "tucking" the ball"

can't say i'm shocked that that's how you saw it LK but in REALITY that ball was bouncin around like a set of double d's in a sports bra. The call on the field was incorrect and the evidence was conclusive to overturn it.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7379
"That Gaffneys catch was as clean as can be...he had 100% figers control and was just "tucking" the ball..stop the whining now! "

LOL of course it was LK....stop fooling yourself.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13839
Guess all the camera's , replays , coaches, official's booths, and referees and umps, were wrong...but U 2 were right...LOL

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7386
dont be thick headed LK. you know it wasnt a catch, i know it wasnt a catch, everyone on espn knows it wasnt a catch, hell i bet even the refs look back on it and know it wasnt a catch....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2315
"Guess all the camera's , replays , coaches, official's booths, and referees and umps, were wrong...but U 2 were right...LOL"

seriously bud...you were on here a couple weeks ago on this thread or some other one screamin about the calls the refs had missed in the Pats/Indy game i think it was. You know they miss calls sometimes with and without replays. And not that i form my opinions based on those of others, but Yanks is right, from what i've seen on ESPN last night and today, the consensus is that it wasn't a catch.

Gaytriots won, no ones saying we should take away the win or anything obviously. But did they earn it? Do they deserve it? There's some debate there :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13848
MVP....MVP....MVP...

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13871
14 down...5 to go!

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11759
C'mon now. Tell me the Jets didn't scare you a bit in the second half....lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13873
yeah...just like Miami will this week...LMAO

an undefeated regular season looks imminent!

Now since U've all learned how to say and spell R E D S O X ....lets try P A T R I O T S ...very good boys and girls...LMAO

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13879
Pats win again...15-0

Patriots set NFL records en route to win over Dolphins

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Records aren't important to the Patriots. Not yet, anyway.

Not finishing the season at 16-0. Not becoming the highest scoring team in NFL history. And not Tom Brady and Randy Moss setting individual marks.

All those are still within reach, but after becoming the first team to go 15-0 in the regular season with a 28-7 win over the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, it will mean more if the Patriots have a higher number than the New York Giants on the scoreboard at the end of their game next Saturday night.

"When you look back at the end of your career, you'll be excited about individual records," Brady said, "but winning's more important, and I think that's really what everyone's concerned about."

Brady threw three touchdown passes, two to Moss, and the Patriots moved to the best start in league history. The old mark: Miami's 14-0 in 1972, when the season lasted just 14 games.

Today's disjointed Dolphins (1-14) couldn't protect the record of their dominant predecessors.

"We wanted to win for them," defensive end Jason Taylor said. "But I wanted to win today, for the guys in this room."

If the Patriots beat the Giants, then go unbeaten in the postseason to finish 19-0, they'll join the Dolphins as the only teams to post a perfect record from opening day until the clock in the championship game runs out.

At the same time, the Patriots need six points to break Minnesota's single-season record of 556 set in 1998.

Brady is one shy of Peyton Manning's NFL record of 49 touchdown passes, set in 2004, and tied with Dan Marino's production in 1984; Moss needs one touchdown reception to tie Jerry Rice's mark of 22 set in 12 games in 1987, a strike year.

"Randy, everyone knows he's a great player whether he gets the record or not," Brady said.

The Patriots tied their NFL record of 18 consecutive regular-season wins set in 2003-04. They also broke the league mark of 70 touchdowns in one season by the 1984 Dolphins, reaching 71 when they went ahead up 28-0.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7724
Red Sucks and Gaytriots

Did I spell them right? Cause thats how I know them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2445
I said about halfway thru the year the Pats would go 15-0 and then lose to the G men in the last reg season game...i'm right so far...now comes the hard part :-)

I think they got a good chance though, the Pats have been ALMOST beaten by plenty of teams, i.e. colts, eagles, ravens etc. If Osi and Strahan have a great game, and Ecoli Manning doesn't choke we could see a historic upset. Pass rush has been the key for the other teams that have almost taken down the pats, and the Giants have a great pass rush.

I say...34-31 GIANTS!!! It's goin down.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us