Randy Couture announces his retirement

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 1939
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-couture101107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

That SUUUCCKKKSSS that they couldn't work out a deal with Fedor so that he and Randy could fight. I agree for the most part with what Dana White said about Fedor, he's overrated, Randy probably woulda whooped his @ss.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2033
Remember he retired once already. So if they work out a deal sooner than later we could still see it happen. I wouldnt call Fedor overrated. He's a damn great fighter. Would Couture win? Yes, I think so. But Dana White saying Fedor is overrated, well...Thats what he's supposed to do as a business man. lol,

Gold Member

Post Number: 1940
well i wasn't just echoing dana whites thoughts, i think Fedor is overrated in the sense that i hear ppl say they think he's the best heavyweight in the world, and i disagree strongly with that statement.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2036
Who do you like as the best heavy? I'm looking forward to the Vera vs. Sylvia fight. And I think Anderson Silva will beat Rich Franklin again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1941
Well before this recent announcement, it's hard to argue against Randy. Now it's really up for grabs, to be honest i do follow the heavyweight division, but it's my least favorite. If Sylvia beats Vera, Sylvia has to be ranked #1 even though i'm not a fan of his at all. But I will tell you that i think Brandon "the truth" Vera is deserving of his nickname, and i think he'll upset Sylvia. With that said, I can't say i think he's the best heavyweight, because he shouldn't even be fighting heavyweight. Vera can EASILY make 205 pounds, where i think he would REALLY be a force to be reckoned with!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1942
oh and as far as the Silva v. Franklin fight, i'm really on the fence. I definitely don't think we'll see the type of domination we did the last time they met. After multiple title defenses, Franklin, like most champs, got a little too comfortable using his championship status and "swagger" to come in and control the pace and style of every fight. Then Silva came in and was HIGHLY aggressive and took control, and Franklin wasn't ready for it. I see this fight going past the first round, and i'm leaning towards Franklin as the winner.

Bronze Member
Username: Zxt

Post Number: 11
On the other hand Randy retires as a champ!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us